Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations George Dubya Bush

skitz

Feb 24, 2004
Easy 10 said:

If I have "spectacularly failed to educate myself" on the American Election then its probably because (a) I can't be arsed, and (b) I'm frankly far more bothered about the result at Derby tonight. That doesn't disqualify me from making a general comment on something based on how I see it, ie my own point of view and opinion on something.

You think a football match is more important than the future of the world. Sums it up really. Like I said, it's because of people like you that Bush and Blair get away with all this shit. Pathetic.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Personally, i don't like the idea of having an army of unquestioning robotic killing machines. I know that is kind of the purpose, but how do you marry that notion with your feelings of respect and pity for them as humans when you don't want them to act like humans?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
america has already been ruined by bush hence the 'clever' states voting kerry. their economy is worst its been for years, unemployment is higher than ever and bush loves the rich cutting taxes for them and no one esle. he is a homophobic, abortion hating twat. hence the reason the inbred middle states have voted for him, all the churchy states have voted for him as kerry is too liberal like the party as a whole. its time america got with the 21 century if you ask me.

skitz

Feb 24, 2004
Commander said:
You f***ing prick. :angry:

Just to clarify - is your whole argument a few words of abuse, or have you actually got a valid reason for our soldiers to be risking their lives for American oil?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
alan partridge said:
I'm looking forward to when Looney logs on:)

Its not Looney I'm worried about, Its London Irish. The minute he comes on some of us are going to be hammered, thats why I'm struggling ( my typing skills aren't that good ) to get a few points across in the hope that he'll only respond to one or two before turning his attention to someone else

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would question as to just how many Americans voted on Iraq and the US ecconomy. From personal experience I know a lot of Mid Western (Bible Belt) state voters would have gone with Bush because he's pro life (as long as you're an American feotus anyway).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
skitz said:
You think a football match is more important than the future of the world. Sums it up really. Like I said, it's because of people like you that Bush and Blair get away with all this shit. Pathetic.
Careful you don't fall off that horse skitz, I think it'd be one hell of a drop, you pompous, over-inflated sanctimonious prick.

skitz

Feb 24, 2004
If caring about the future of the world (yeah, that's you and me and our kids and their kids and even the Albion) makes me a "pompous, over-inflated sanctimonious prick", I can deal with that somehow.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
I personally find it outrageously arrogant of the majority of people on this site today slagging the US people for the way they have voted. If it is the case for one person that abortion is their most important issue then of course they should vote on that issue and that doesnt mean they are stupid ignorant fuckers (or whatever else they are labeled as). It is a grand cliche but that is the joy of democracy people. And in a few months time if the state of the US/UK relationship is your most important issue then toddle off and vote for Charlie Kennedy.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Easy 10 said:
Careful you don't fall off that horse skitz, I think it'd be one hell of a drop, you pompous, over-inflated sanctimonious prick.

Thats a bit ott Easy! The boy got you on the back foot has he?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Eastleigh Seagull said:
And in a few months time if the state of the US/UK relationship is your most important issue then toddle off and vote for Charlie Kennedy.

Funny, that is exactly what ill be doing. Viva the United States of Europe! The good old US have now just swung me in favour of the good old EU.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Eastleigh Seagull said:
I personally find it outrageously arrogant of the majority of people on this site today slagging the US people for the way they have voted. If it is the case for one person that abortion is their most important issue then of course they should vote on that issue and that doesnt mean they are stupid ignorant fuckers (or whatever else they are labeled as). It is a grand cliche but that is the joy of democracy people. And in a few months time if the state of the US/UK relationship is your most important issue then toddle off and vote for Charlie Kennedy.

Yes .... It's good to see that there are at least eleven states that are homophobic too.

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
Meade's_Ball said:
Personally, i don't like the idea of having an army of unquestioning robotic killing machines. I know that is kind of the purpose, but how do you marry that notion with your feelings of respect and pity for them as humans when you don't want them to act like humans?

They are not robots, they are people like you and I. Having been in the army, I can tell you that there are times when those put in the firing line do privately question why they are there. But, and this is a big but, they have a sense of duty to the army and country they serve. It is that sense of duty that prevents the whole thing falling apart and even more of them coming home in body bags. When it is all over, there will be many who will leave, but whilst they are there they will carry on trying to do the best they can in damn difficult circumstances.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Smithers-Jones said:
They are not robots, they are people like you and I. Having been in the army, I can tell you that there are times when those put in the firing line do privately question why they are there. But, and this is a big but, they have a sense of duty to the army and country they serve. It is that sense of duty that prevents the whole thing falling apart and even more of them coming home in body bags. When it is all over, there will be many who will leave, but whilst they are there they will carry on trying to do the best they can in damn difficult circumstances.

spot on

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bush is set to recieve better majoroties in both houses and a record number of votes for a President.

Set to be a record turn out.

How will people argue against the democratic mandate now?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Albion Dan said:
Thats a bit ott Easy! The boy got you on the back foot has he?
I make a completely general remark about the possibility a proportion of people blindly voting for "anyone but Bush", regardless as to who they are voting in, and so along with The Gospel According to Skitz, I am now Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeldt rolled into one, with my tongue so far up Bush's arse I can taste what he had for breakfast.

Whatever. I really couldn't give a flying f*** at a rolling donut WHO wins the election. I'll still be sat here at work tomorrow, I'll still have a season ticket, the sun will still rise, the world will go on.

(cue the melodramatic "Its The End Of The World If Bush Gets In" posts).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Eastleigh Seagull said:

so if one person agrees with Bush one one topic he should vote for him? what if he disagrees on several other topics...what then?
US people are voting on Religion in many cases ad Bush knows this because he played that card during the build up "God will see us through" and shit like that...it happens, people blindly vote!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was worried about people voting against Bush NOT for Kerry. I cannot imagine Kerry would do much better although it might be easier for a new President to withdraw from Iraq and he would probably push for the US to sign up to Kyoto Treaty.

It is easy for us to support Kerry from here, but in America, where defense is a key issue, they are obviously not as objective about it and the majority clearly favour Bush at keeping them safe.

My tip? Hilary Clinton to run in four years.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
its not over till the fat lady sings. they cannot claim victory yet as votes are still being counted. if they discard those votes its a disgrace.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Smithers-Jones said:

They obviously have a lot more self-control, if that is the right word, than i have.

Is that sense of duty to the army and country something that is there beforehand, or something drilled in so that things don't fall apart?

I'm interested to understand the mentality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here