Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Completely OTT stewarding outside family stand

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
It could easily have been done today. One steward waiting by the turnstile checking bags (there really was that few family standers today that one person could have done the job) and another assisting but also primed to direct the fan on what to do. It merely takes the turnstile operator to say "sorry, I can't let you into your normal seat. Can you see that steward standing by that steward checking bags on what to do. This spare steward can then direct the home fan to sit in the family stand. Disorientated? The ground ain't that big and there weren't hordes of queues either.

Home fans are probably aware that the family stand is located next to the east stand already and can follow signs. Failing that the spare steward could direct them to the stewards in the family stand who might possibly have found a spare seat for these 2 home fans amongst the 1000 or so spare seats available. It really is not difficult. It's you that seems to think it's such a big deal that you employ so many stewards to deal with these "problems".

Fancy a crack at answering the rest of my questions? It'll give me something to read when I'm having my breakfast tomorrow.

Blown out the water with your first comment.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm a little bit confused, the stewarding was OTT because there was more than expected and ticket were checked prior to coming in ?

Doesn't sound like "stewarding" being OTT at all... just er, lots of stewards.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I arrived early today to be greeted by 3 stewards checking that my tickets were for the family stand.

Why?

Because that's what stewards are for? Because your tickets needed to be checked to make sure you were in the right place?

f*** my luck, what what an utterly shit thread :bla:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I arrived early today to be greeted by 3 stewards checking that my tickets were for the family stand.

Why? It's not a high profile game, there's no history of rivalry between the two clubs, it was bleeding obvious to anyone that I was going to be in the family stand, what with my packed sandwiches, ponchos and dare I say it the fact that I was with 2 young children might also be a clue.

I counted and there were 14 stewards policing the whole of the South Stand. No less than 13 policing the family stand. And how many of us in that stand were there? a hundred or so?

What was the point of all that? Never ever ever seen that before. Completely ridiculous and don't give me any bollocks about hoolies infiltrating the stand to get to the Hartlepool fans.

Can't be bothered to read through all the posts, but surely the simple answer is some tight gits have been buying tickets on-line at the cheaper family rate when in actual fact they ain't a family. Blame them.

Blown out the water with your first comment.

No. Not at all. I went on to say with another assisting. That would be the usual two checking bags. Same number as league games. No doubt you're going to quote some bullshit FA rule you've just made up that no other steward has heard of. Got any links of protesters disrupting previous footie games have you, or is that yet more bullshit?

I'm a little bit confused, the stewarding was OTT because there was more than expected and ticket were checked prior to coming in ?

Doesn't sound like "stewarding" being OTT at all... just er, lots of stewards.

Which is why it was OTT. I re-iterate my point. The club could have SAVE MONEY today by not having so many stewards. It was unnecessary and all we have is some very spurious justification for unnecessary costs.

Because that's what stewards are for? Because your tickets needed to be checked to make sure you were in the right place?

f*** my luck, what what an utterly shit thread :bla:

If you bothered to read the thread you'd see that they didn't need to and they'd never done that before. Now as you say, go f*** your luck.

Can't be bothered to read through all the posts, but surely the simple answer is some tight gits have been buying tickets on-line at the cheaper family rate when in actual fact they ain't a family. Blame them.

What? Out of the 100 or so in the family stand? Don't think so.

Bloody Nora. This is not the usual pop at stewards that we get on here. It's to do with why we had so many to police so few people. We are haemorrhaging money as it is. Surely someone with a bit of nous could say "sorry stewards but don't need you all today because there's so few fans at what is a very low risk game. The club have decided to save a bit of money".

Please forgive me for trying to point out the bleeding obvious.

No. Not at all. I went on to say with another assisting. That would be the usual two checking bags. Same number as league games. No doubt you're going to quote some bullshit FA rule you've just made up that no other steward has heard of. Got any links of protesters disrupting previous footie games have you, or is that yet more bullshit?

There's a first time for everything. Would you like to be at any 'first-time' disasters?

Which is why it was OTT. I re-iterate my point. The club could have SAVE MONEY today by not having so many stewards. It was unnecessary and all we have is some very spurious justification for unnecessary costs.

I'll reiterate my point above then.
Plus, do you think at all about anything?? Is your brain so tiny?
Do you imagine that stewarding (not 'policing' - though that word does reveal about your stupid attitude) costs are taken into account for the number of home fixtures? Costs balanced by people who CAN work such things out, that are obviously beyond your comprehension?

If you bothered to read the thread you'd see that they didn't need to and they'd never done that before. Now as you say, go f*** your luck.

Aggressive towards your fellow fan, who has made a simple pertinent point?
tsk, bad form for a windbag like you who prefers to point pointy fingers!

What? Out of the 100 or so in the family stand? Don't think so.

Bloody Nora. This is not the usual pop at stewards that we get on here. It's to do with why we had so many to police so few people. We are haemorrhaging money as it is. Surely someone with a bit of nous could say "sorry stewards but don't need you all today because there's so few fans at what is a very low risk game. The club have decided to save a bit of money".

Please forgive me for trying to point out the bleeding obvious.

Hemorrhaging, bleeding? Are you on the rag mate? Sorry, and I thought you were suffering menopause! Just as well you don't run any organized group then, where you can say "don't come in tomorrow, we don't need you"
You are obviously a lifelong employee, and will never be an employer,...or even a supervisor. Sorry, but that application will have failed!
:lolol:

Any more drivel, or are you still spluttering over your rice crispies?

No. Not at all. I went on to say with another assisting. That would be the usual two checking bags. Same number as league games. No doubt you're going to quote some bullshit FA rule you've just made up that no other steward has heard of. QUOTE]

If you can't work it out then i am not going to bother to explain it.

You bored with this one?
Me too.

He keeps grinding that rubber axe though! :rant:

If you can't work it out then i am not going to bother to explain it.

Great response. It's the very reason that I can find NOTHING on it that I am asking you for the explanation. Just like I asked if you can find any matches where there's been disruptions in the past.

Go on. Honesty is good for the soul. Admit it. That's all bullshit isn't it? You saw a thread where someone was asking about why there were so many stewards then automatically read it as a steward-bashing thread. You get all defensive and start coming out with more bullshit per square inch than a Lawyer's AGM.

I understand that you stewards are worried about your jobs and someone pointing out that we might not need so many would and should trouble you. Unfortunately, that ain't my problem or concern whereas the financial stability of Brighton is something that obliquely does concern me. I don't want them going broke.

In future, please don't insult my intelligence with rubbish about preventing impending disasters following anti-nuclear protests, 2 home fans in amongst 50 away fans or making up FA rules on stewarding in mixed stands.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Great response. It's the very reason that I can find NOTHING on it that I am asking you for the explanation. Just like I asked if you can find any matches where there's been disruptions in the past.

Go on. Honesty is good for the soul. Admit it. That's all bullshit isn't it? You saw a thread where someone was asking about why there were so many stewards then automatically read it as a steward-bashing thread. You get all defensive and start coming out with more bullshit per square inch than a Lawyer's AGM.

I understand that you stewards are worried about your jobs and someone pointing out that we might not need so many would and should trouble you. Unfortunately, that ain't my problem or concern whereas the financial stability of Brighton is something that obliquely does concern me. I don't want them going broke.

In future, please don't insult my intelligence with rubbish about preventing impending disasters following anti-nuclear protests, 2 home fans in amongst 50 away fans or making up FA rules on stewarding in mixed stands.

Not insulting your intelligence at all.

Until you sit in on the briefings and have the qualifications you haven't got a clue.

Why the steward bashing anyway?

Not insulting your intelligence at all.

Until you sit in on the briefings and have the qualifications you haven't got a clue.

Why the steward bashing anyway?

So please, for the umpteenth time, enlighten me. Which matches have been disrupted in the past? Where is this FA rule that no other steward has heard of?

And also, for the umpteenth time I'm not steward-bashing. I'm asking why there were so many stewards at the match. However if, say, a steward or two comes on here and tells me things that are patently bullshit then I may just question the veracity of their claims. You lot don't do yourselves any favours at times.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Perhaps they were protecting Alan, the guy who was on Soccer am, making sure that hove bed & breakfast wasn't trying to get in the stand to confront him face to face

Perhaps if they gave the ref a load of old flannel about some bullshit FA rule they'd be more successful. Seems to work with you.

The rules include to take care of crowd control and safety. That covers the whole issue, really.

Now if you got shirty with me 'pot-noodles for brains', I'd quite understand that and it would be excusable. However, 433 has politely answered you and addressed your continuous questions (despite that they are inane) and given you the time of his day. You OUGHT to be thankful, but you respond with this usual gibberish.

My identifying you earlier as a waste of explanation time, has been ratified - so for that I can only thank you :clap:

So, with that now taken care of, here's more fully-deserved sarcastic piss-take from me :wave:

[yt]_PJzMHObabo[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here