Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Completely OTT stewarding outside family stand

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
errr ..... yes there is - numerous ones that cover how many stewards are required for what type if situation. Not to mention the rules attached to the safety certificate and by the council.

I'm really not sure what your beef is - so there were a few extra stewards - at £7 per hour it's hardly going to break the bank !!!

And to take you up on another statement you made - the club DO NOT know how many people are going to turn up despite it being all ticket. Tickets are on sale past the time that a good percentage of stewards have to report for duty. I'm sure you'd love to turn up to work and be told to go home without pay !!!!

You just seem very angry considering you don't seem to have been put out at all. So your complaint is that you went to a football match, managed to see the whole thing AND six goals to boot but your day out was spoilt because there were a few too many orange jackets ? Hmmm ..... I know who I think looks like a complete plum and it isnt the club or NMH and his mates :jester:

13 stewards x 5 hours x £7 is £455.00. Puts the stewarding cost of the family stand Saturday at about £4 per spectator. Wasted money.

The stewarding was completely over the top, whatever way you look at it. the measures were ill thought out to the point of being a waste of time anyway.

Its usual for the one guy at the turnstiles to check your bag, so seeing the first yellow bouncer approach me, I held my bag open. "Not your bag mate, I need to see your tickets are for the family stand". So I show him, then yellow bouncer 2, stood shoulder to shoulder with him, watches me zip the bag back up, then says "Can I check your bag please sir?"

And not just my bag either. Full arms-out airport stylee frisk too. Didn't frisk the KIDS though - I'll get them to carry the knives and flares next time!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
It was the opposite in H block, all 7 of them just stood at the bottom drinking tea, yes TEA, not water

Apparently that's not allowed tho, according to our mate Steward 433!

Steward433 From Ponchogate;
NO we are not given hot drinks infact we are not allowed to drink hot drinks whilst customers are in the ground and as for doing nothing just proves your ignorance

So he did fob me off with a lie back then as i suspected...

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Apparently that's not allowed tho, according to our mate Steward 433!

So he did fob me off with a lie back then as i suspected...

Er no i didn't lie to you. When i have asked my supervisor in the past if we could have a hot drink we have been told no.

IF any of you had been that observant you would have noticed it was the blue jackets NOT the orange that were drinking hot drinks!!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Er no i didn't lie to you. When i have asked my supervisor in the past if we could have a hot drink we have been told no.

IF any of you had been that observant you would have noticed it was the blue jackets NOT the orange that were drinking hot drinks!!

I thought it was a compete no-no for all stewards to be drinking hot drinks during a game as you mentioned in that thread at the time, yep i did notice that only a small number where drinking them yourself not included.

Its doesn't look good from the stands with a load of stewards just standing around drinking hot drinks when the club aren't exactly flush with money tho.

So is it just the blue stewards allowed hot drinks these days now?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I thought it was a compete no-no for all stewards to be drinking hot drinks during a game as you mentioned in that thread at the time, yep i did notice that only a small number where drinking them yourself not included.

As far as i know we are not allowed hot drinks in view of the customers

Its doesn't look good from the stands with a load of stewards just standing around drinking hot drinks when the club aren't exactly flush with money tho.

They would have had to have paid for them themselves

So is it just the blue stewards allowed hot drinks these days now?

Like i said i don't know as they are under a different supervisor

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

steward 433

"When i have asked my supervisor in the past if we could have a hot drink we have been told no".

You obviously missed a trick?

Why didnt you pass your empty cup to the nearby fans?

I'm sure they would have been more than pleased to have passed it around amongst themselves.
All then contributing to present you with a warm frothing hot drink?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez! All this righteous indignation over the stewards having a hot drink during a good-natured game in a three-quarters empty stadium. Is that REALLY all there is to bitch about this week? :rolleyes:

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
steward 433

"When i have asked my supervisor in the past if we could have a hot drink we have been told no".

You obviously missed a trick?

Why didnt you pass your empty cup to the nearby fans?

I'm sure they would have been more than pleased to have passed it around amongst themselves.
All then contributing to present you with a warm frothing hot drink?

:bowdown::clap2::bowdown::clap2:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Did you see me drinking tea Brett???

no, because you were watching the game and didnt have time to drink with 6 goals going in :jester:

I cant remember what coloured jackets they were wearing, but they were all drinking hot drinks, just milling about doing not a lot. I dont have too much of a problem with it, as it stopped them coming into the stand telling everyone to sit down on a wet seat.

It just doesnt look to good, that a club not so well of pays for stewarding and they spend 20 minutes on a tea break during a game

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
no, because you were watching the game and didnt have time to drink with 6 goals going in :jester:

I cant remember what coloured jackets they were wearing, but they were all drinking hot drinks, just milling about doing not a lot. I dont have too much of a problem with it, as it stopped them coming into the stand telling everyone to sit down on a wet seat.

It just doesnt look to good, that a club not so well of pays for stewarding and they spend 20 minutes on a tea break during a game

So your first post that ALL the stewards were drinking hot drinks, Was infact wildly inacurate.

Oh and btw i only saw one goal when i was coming back form my break.

P.s. we have to have breaks if we work more than 4 hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here