Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

commuters from brighton beware

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
f***ing marvellous stuff.

Yesterday [MENTION=516]Rusthall Seagull[/MENTION] was on the train and was told the windscreen wiper was broken and they kicked everyone off the train. I'm summising there isn't enough SPACE in the driver's cabin for spare wipers - not when you've got so many white flags to store. Health and Safety init. #scratches arse

Today, [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] left at 7:15 and was still only at Redhill at 9:50. I believe he was plopped on a COACH to Three Bridges and the driver then got lost and didn't know where the ruddy station was.

£4,000 a year. f***ing bargain.

What a bunch of C**TS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On the positive side, anyone who knows [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] will know that his Facebook feed is ESSENTIAL viewing first thing on most mornings. And today's is the best thing I've ever read on that site quite frankly.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The joys of self employment and finishing yesterday. Ho Ho Ho

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm heading to London later for the company Christmas party.

This news has not pleased me!

At least I now know that I need to set off earlier.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Good job not at home tonight as lewes line shut

why's that?

and what a cluster f*** from Polegate this morning... can you tell me why they change guards at Lewes so if theres a problem the guard isnt there, and a perfectly good working service is terminated? twice this has happend this month.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So, got to Btn station at 8am. Queued for the replacement bus until 9.15am. I was about 10 mins from getting on one and they started telling everyone at the BACK of the queue (which snaked all the way from the rear carpark to the M&S shop) that a train was ready to go.

Anyway, mad rush to the train and in the end plenty of room. Got into Haywards Heath at about 9.50.

The signal box at preston park is completely melted down and still smoking as we went past.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just been on the radio that they are hoping to resume normal service around 4pm today

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
4 hours to get from Goring By Sea, to Canary Wharf. If it wasn't our Xmas do tonight, I'd have gone back to bed. Bah humbug.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
National rail tweeted this about an hour ago no wonder the trains are up the creek

A-oe4KGCQAAhOh2.jpg

I got stuck at Haywards Heath along with about 300 other people last night because of this. Absolute pandemonium. Eventually got one of the replacement coaches home, but after leaving Waterloo at 10:50pm I got back to my house in Worthing at 3:45am!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So what f***ing RISK MANAGEMENT is there to guard against fires then? IDIOTS.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
For once you can't really blame Southern, this thing could happen at anytime - the heavy rain yesterday probably didn't help.

If they get this fixed today, then Network
Rail would have done a very good job.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Gig at Bloomsbury Theatre last night. Got last train from London to the Sussex coast at 12.05am, announcement: terminating at Haywards Heath due to points failure, special bus service to Brighton and stations to Worthing. Train packed. NO buses waiting, then ONE single decker turned up 15 mins later (cue mad scrum) then ONE MORE about another 10 minutes later (cue another mad scrum) with neither driver having the faintest idea what was going on. At least 250 of us left at Haywards Heath at 2am with no idea what was happening: the station staff had no idea either. Eventually shared a taxi at cost of £15. In old BR days the points probably wouldn't have failed cos the track would have been maintained properly, and if it had enough buses would have been waiting for us when we got to HH. RENATIONALISATION WITHOUT COMPENSATION NOW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here