Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

commuters from brighton beware

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
blah blah nationalise the railways blah blah. the railways were started through private enterprise and vision. if they had been developed by givernment from the off, we would have one line calling at brighton london birmingham and edinburgh. once a week. vast swathes of whats now inner london were developed by private enterprise. people are f***ed in the head over the railways in this country, they are not bad in the great scheme of things and compared to most places in the world they work well.

if you choose to live 60 f***ing miles from your office then you have to expect problems. to think that just because you hand over a weeks beer money it means you have a divine right to be carried in a sedan chair to your workplace is insane.

Wrong. I lived in Japan for a year and their train service is in a different class to ours. Many Tokyo workers live more than 60 miles from their office and their trains run on time almost every day. If they don't the train companies issue every passenger with an apology note explaining to the employer that it's the train comapny's fault they were late. This in a country that has a denser population in its capital, more extreme weather events and regular earthquakes. But then again the Japanese actually care about customer service rather than being out for themselves.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
if you choose to live 60 f***ing miles from your office then you have to expect problems. to think that just because you hand over a weeks beer money it means you have a divine right to be carried in a sedan chair to your workplace is insane.

And back on planet earth ....... I'd bet a fair amount that you complain about people on benefits such as JSA and fully support the Tebbit theory of "get on your bike" but then come out with this drivel !

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Wrong. I lived in Japan for a year and their train service is in a different class to ours. Many Tokyo workers live more than 60 miles from their office and their trains run on time almost every day. If they don't the train companies issue every passenger with an apology note explaining to the employer that it's the train comapny's fault they were late. This in a country that has a denser population in its capital, more extreme weather events and regular earthquakes. But then again the Japanese actually care about customer service rather than being out for themselves.

i have my tongue firmly in my cheek mate, its just this nationalisation as a panacea to everything gibberish that is daft.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm fortunate enough to be travelling from london to blackburn today,but for those coming from brighton how are you managing so far?

Struggling !

Just leaving on the 11:30 from Euston, if this cocks up we are doomed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I never said you drove the train. But, you are a rail apologist and you are part of the sorry excuse we have for a railway industry in this country.

Really, I genuinely fail to understand how

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Took 2 hours to London from Brighton this am.
Mealy missed the euston train oop north

But snuggled into first class now on way to game.

Come on Albion.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Took 2 hours to London from Brighton this am.
Mealy missed the euston train oop north

But snuggled into first class now on way to game.

Come on Albion.

Are you on the 11:30 ex Euston ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Or those utter utter utterly shit Gatwick "Express" trains which never ever ever ever ever ever run on time because there are ALWAYS TECHNICAL problems with them. I may go to the ASA as they are far from Express.

This is my biggest bug bear of all. I regularly get the 18:00 from Victoria which is due into Brighton at 19:10 My bus home leaves the station at 19:20 and I miss it more than I catch it because the train is nearly always 10 minutes late. Really pisses me off as there isn't another bus for another half hour.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The attitude of the staff at three Bridges last night was not acceptable

When asked by one person when do they think the trains would be back to normal the guard laughed and said not till after Christmas.

He is lucky someone didnt punch him

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just pulling into manc. Got 10.00 from euston

Lucky you and well done.

Caught the 0807 from Brighton delayed 20 mins leaving as no train crew. Delayed another 20 mins leaving Gatwick due to potential landslip so missed the 1030 from Euston by 5 mins. Decided to still go via Preston and not risk Manchester but all drinking time now lost - shit happens

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
London-bound line is blocked at Balcombe due to flooding so everything is using the Brighton-bound line - good luck for those good fans coming back from Blackburn.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London-bound line is blocked at Balcombe due to flooding so everything is using the Brighton-bound line - good luck for those good fans coming back from Blackburn.

Even more misery, might travel via Barnham what a waste of a day all round

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here