Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
This is absolutely doing my head in. Both sets of fans have this stance where 'our club is no rival of yours, nor do we care about you in any way'. Yet then go on to contradict themselves by following them up with comments of hate. When people say we don't care about Brighton, and visa versa, for the majority of people this isn't 100% the truth. Comments made by both managers last season, Adkins' "if they can keep up", and Poyet's "Dagenham with Ricke Lambert" have sparked something. Each set of fans will react seperately to the different comments, seeing the one made by their manager as a throw-away remark whilst anything against their club is hugely offensive. It is true that there is no rivalry between the two clubs (personally, as another South coast club, I quite like to see Brighton do well) but what has been created is more of a hate for each others manager, perhaps resulting in more of a desire to win matches against each other. I think what now exists is a fan rivalry as opposed to a club rivalry; a sense of wanting to get one over on each other rather than enjoying seeing the other club perform badly. Personally, I just enjoy the banter between the clubs, and when I see people encouraging others to report the saints fans posts, I find it all a little embarrassing. Also, I don't think there was any doubt you deserved to win the title last season, and fair play to you. May have been different if Adkins was in charge from the start but we'll never know, that's life. Both clubs have good managers who have proved revelations at our respective clubs, and I can see Southampton and also Brighton, when injuries pass, in and around the top 6 come May. I have just got fed up with arrogant posters from our fans, although to be fair, we put up with it for a good 7 months last year. Good luck to you for the season (after the 19th of course).

Whats up with your return key mate?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Here you go LB. Give him a blast of this:

stain_remover_full.jpg

:thumbsup:

Got any scrawny little maggot repellent?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i met a saints fan once,he said can i introduce you to my wife and sister,but there was only one woman standing there ???

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Can't be bothered to read the thread but no Saints related thread should be without this gem.

tedbatesstatue.jpg

:D

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Ive went to southampton last year and its a shithole your only claim to fame is being the home of Anchor butter. after all t he shit with Bellotti and Archer we never once went into administration and you come out all fine. If its all morons on here than why are you posting.
"I've went to Southampton"?!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"I've went to Southampton"?!

Think before you engage the keyboard

Landsdowne saint says...
3:40pm Wed 9 Nov 11
and you wasn't the team to beat last season we were,our rivalry reinvented your club along with a new stadium and the announcement Fatboy Slim is to play the Ammex lol

Wasn't, no space on comma, Amex not Ammex. The grammar and spelling one-upmanship is terribly boring.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Oh, the Football League Trophy we won last year doesn't count? Ok then.
Did Saints win it last year ? Well done.

Yes 2010. That was last year. It was a great day out but at the end of the day it is a trophy that changes its design everytime theres a new sponsor. I'll tell you another trophy that's like that - the League one trophy. A modern trophy that was only made a few years ago. Winning the NPC is different gravy (below)

champ_trophy_280x42_826691a.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh, the Football League Trophy we won last year doesn't count? Ok then.

Yes 2010. That was last year. It was a great day out but at the end of the day it is a trophy that changes its design everytime theres a new sponsor. I'll tell you another trophy that's like that - the League one trophy. A modern trophy that was only made a few years ago. Winning the NPC is different gravy (below)

champ_trophy_280x42_826691a.jpg

Is this the painting whatsit trophy that you win through about 8 games? Did you win it? That'll go down in the annals of history. Fortunately winning a football league that takes 46 games has a little more prestige, whatever division you're in. I'm pleased for your minor success as I can see you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here