Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know you say only patron but the images popped in my head immediately.

Have you seen the definitive German version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves?

It's keeps true to the spirit of the Disney original, but with slightly more anal.

Feb 14, 2010
I have just read the comments on the Saints forum. The genuine surprise for me is seeing that a couple of Saints fans think they are a bigger club. I still think of Saints as the plucky underdog fighting off relegation in the top flight and playing in front of 15000 at the "dingly" Dell. This when Brighton were playing to 25000-32000 crowds in the lower divisions. Perception is a funny thing, perhaps they were the younger Saints fans who might not remember the Dingley Dell?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have just read the comments on the Saints forum. The genuine surprise for me is seeing that a couple of Saints fans think they are a bigger club. I still think of Saints as the plucky underdog fighting off relegation in the top flight and playing in front of 15000 at the "dingly" Dell. This when Brighton were playing to 25000-32000 crowds in the lower divisions. Perception is a funny thing, perhaps they were the younger Saints fans who might not remember the Dingley Dell?

They are a bigger club than us. They sustained success far longer and also have good support. That's not to say that this will always be the case but historically it's true.

Feb 14, 2010
They are a bigger club than us. They sustained success far longer and also have good support. That's not to say that this will always be the case but historically it's true.

How can a club that historically have had smaller crowds than us be a bigger club? Its like saying Wigan are bigger than leeds because they are in the top flight

Feb 14, 2010

..dont be so daft, the dinley dell, 15000 crowds, the goldstone, 25000-36000 crowds. Saints are the plucky underdogs that have done well above their status

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

If they are bigger why is Saintsweb just the 8th most popular football forum via tapatalk in the UK with Celtic and Rangers, Man U just ahead of them with Bluemoon in 2nd place & Nortstandchat at number 1 (one) then?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Can I ask a serious question? is Southampton actually a coastal city? I understand why people say it is, but it is acyually 19 miles Northwest of Portsmouth.

Feb 14, 2010
Brighton historically played to higher crowds when playing in lower leagues. Its a no brainer really, Saints are paying to 25000 crowds which is their highest ever, certainly bigger than the Dell. Brighton have at the goldstone played to 25000 -36000 and next season will again be playing to 30000. No issues with Saints at all, I enjoyed seeing them stand up for the small clubs in the top flight as a kid. The dingley dell was a funny little place and it gave them lots of good will, but thinking Saints are bigger than clubs with a bigger support like Brighton, well that just doesn't make sense.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
NorthstandChats obsession with Adkins?? | SaintsWeb

Can now see what our six fingered friends from down the road think without registering

This is a well researched comment from that thread!!!

'didn't Calderon choose them for extra money?

All those players listed above would cost more than most in championship spent.

Would put them with Big Sam's WHU as two teams who can't play fast technical play with skillful dribbling / passing etc - both rely on physical play, cynical play and percentages,

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Thats why I can understand why everyone says they are, but I have never heardanyone call Liverpool a coatal city and that is nearer isn't it?

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Brighton historically played to higher crowds when playing in lower leagues. Its a no brainer really, Saints are paying to 25000 crowds which is their highest ever, certainly bigger than the Dell. Brighton have at the goldstone played to 25000 -36000 and next season will again be playing to 30000. No issues with Saints at all, I enjoyed seeing them stand up for the small clubs in the top flight as a kid. The dingley dell was a funny little place and it gave them lots of good will, but thinking Saints are bigger than clubs with a bigger support like Brighton, well that just doesn't make sense.

We did not get 25-30K match by match season by season. I recall smaller gates "back in the day". Have you looked at the average gates for both teams during this period? If so please provide this as a more accurate comparison. Ta.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If they are bigger why is Saintsweb just the 8th most popular football forum via tapatalk in the UK with Celtic and Rangers, Man U just ahead of them with Bluemoon in 2nd place & Nortstandchat at number 1 (one) then?

By that token we are bigger than Man Utd! Sweet:)

Feb 14, 2010
We did not get 25-30K match by match season by season. I recall smaller gates "back in the day". Have you looked at the average gates for both teams during this period? If so please provide this as a more accurate comparison. Ta.

Mate, Brighton crowds dropped off because of trouble like lots of clubs in the mid 80s and then there was the decline and asset stripping of the 1990s. However before that (and before our top flight days) Brighton regularly pulled in, match by match 25000-36000 crowds, despite being in the third divison. Saints at the dingly dell were getting 15000 in the top flight, that my friend is just the truth of the matter.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is my favourite.....

There's always been a jealousy. Only now as we get closer to reclaiming our rightful position of premier league superiority is the bitterness resurfacing.

It's a strange thing that a few posters on a forum can be thought to represent thousands of other members. As far as I am concerned Adkins is a bit annoying but I really couldn't care less. The same goes for Southampton, they,a bit like Crawley, just don't register for me.

On the subject of being big, bigger etc i can accept that we may have had higher crowds historically but surely some of the criteria has to be the leagues a club has played in and success on the field?

Feb 14, 2010
Being in a higher division or winning something doesn't make a club bigger than another, otherwise Wimbledon could claim to be bigger than lots of clubs that have not won the a major trophy like palace. Its about support and catchment area. Historically Brighton got larger crowds despite being in lower divisions than Saints, Brighton are therefore the bigger club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here