Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
all good runs have to come to an end sometime and no loss at st marys in last 2 visits augurs well as does the recent barnsley win would have been a big boost to the side reckon sneak a 1-0 win

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
There were plenty of Saints AND Brighton fans calling us rivals, when clearly we are not. So have a read back to last year, and you will see. As for who's rivalry is bigger, grow up mate as my dads bigger than your dad.

That was last season!! when we were both going for top spot.
I have seen your fans still saying 'local derby' when it is not.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
"If we get something it will be spectacular. We are going to be in every single newspaper and on TV talking about how we stopped Southampton, which is great.”

:facepalm:

I do wish Gus would tone down the hyperbole a bit.
Winning at Southampton would not be a "spectacular" result at all. Desirable of course, surprising maybe, but we're not playing at Old Trafford are we. Yes they are top at the moment, but top of the same division we are in. Its just another League game.

He's making us sound like Torquay on a cup run.

It's just reverse psychology. He's essentially saying what they want to hear and bigging them up so they are hopefully over confident and complacent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well it's fairly obvious isn't it.
Were Palace forced into a Bubble/club coaches for their trip down to you ?

Ah so because you like to fight each other rather than watch the football it's a bigger and better rivalry? All a bit 1970's for me, but you carry on.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Do you know what? I dont CARE about Southampton.

Last season was a bit of FUN, however this season order is restored with us/palace and soton/pompey.

Its just another game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's just reverse psychology. He's essentially saying what they want to hear and bigging them up so they are hopefully over confident and complacent.

Sure, but it still makes us sound a bit "starstruck" and two-bob.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That was last season!! when we were both going for top spot.
I have seen your fans still saying 'local derby' when it is not.
It is a local(ish) derby, just not THE local derby for either team.

You're making yourself look a f***ing bellend coming on here and trying to lord it over us. You know, the "you're obsessed with us" and "our derby is bigger than yours" willy waving, and I'll tell you why: it's not Saintweb that is riddled with Albion fans is it? It's sad, drippy keyboard warriors like you on OUR site causing the friction.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Its a south coast Derby but not a rivals derby for both teams.

It would or should rank no higher than the third most important match of the season for both, so still good fun.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well it's fairly obvious isn't it.
Were Palace forced into a Bubble/club coaches for their trip down to you ?

Not seen the trouble ? perhaps it should of been not that it really makes a difference to anything. Your fans feel hate to Pompey, our fans feel hate to Palace. Hate is hate. Makes both rivalries the same.

Your previous post also says you have seen Albion fans calling you lot rivals. Dont be fooled by a few on an internet messageboard. Their is a real world out there and I'm assuring you now , Southampton are not our rivals and no real hate there. You are localish and we had a ding dong last year in the league , for those reasons games have and edge , thats all.

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
It is a local(ish) derby, just not THE local derby for either team.

You're making yourself look a f***ing bellend coming on here and trying to lord it over us. You know, the "you're obsessed with us" and "our derby is bigger than yours" willy waving, and I'll tell you why: it's not Saintweb that is riddled with Albion fans is it? It's sad, drippy keyboard warriors like you on OUR site causing the friction.

I only got drawn to this thread after the rubbish touted about people being racist on the Echo site.
ya keyboard warrior, bored at work.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I only got drawn to this thread after the rubbish touted about people being racist on the Echo site.
ya keyboard warrior, bored at work.
Yes, that was a load of crap I agree. However it's not as if you've limited your comments to saying as much is it, you sad child.

TottonSFC

Oct 19, 2011
I trust when Saints get promoted they will start paying back everyone they ripped off when they went into administration. Another club that seem to have got away with complete financial mis-management at others expense.

At who's expense did we benefit? We paid back our ONE debt to the bank as soon as we were taken over and got deducted 10 points for it. ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here