Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Kuipers

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
clean sheet v Boston and keep the shirt.

Can't see him making as many mistakes as Henderson and he might do a better job at getting people out when the defence go deep

If you want us to lose a young, international keeper to another club, then dropping Hendo for no reason for League 1 games would be the perfect kick-start to that process.

I hope Kuipers does have a clean sheet on Wednesday but he is now No2 by a fair way in my view.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
If you want us to lose a young, international keeper to another club, then dropping Hendo for no reason for League 1 games would be the perfect kick-start to that process.

I hope Kuipers does have a clean sheet on Wednesday but he is now No2 by a fair way in my view.

Maybe, not so sure by a long way.

Then again the last time he played he cocked up

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Number 2 by a long way, even though he was generally the better keeper in pre-season?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I hope Kuipers plays a blinder so Henderson knows he must SHAPE up and not rest on his laurels like he did last season.

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:

So double standards then LI.

So how can you predict Hendo will throw "a Hissy fit" cos that's what you are saying.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
I would love to agree with you, but I don't think it matters if Kuipers keeps a clean sheet, scores a hat-trick, declares his love for Mark McGhee on the tannoy, and strips to only his underpants - Henderson will be in goal against Crewe.

Also he would have saved 18 peanlties.

Saying that when he was recalled last year it was after a fantastic performance in the reserves so hopefully he could do the same in a cup game.

D

Deleted member 2719

I feel FDM is on to a loser cos MM or you Pro's will crticise any error and if he plays a blinder MM will say we have to stick with Hendo because of his distrubution.

:nono:

Good luck Kuipers - given a proper run in the side i have know doubt you would prove McGhee wrong.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am a pro-McGhee (If you didn't know) and I am perfectly happy to have the best/in form keeper between the sticks. I don't think Hendo has done anything this season, to merit dropping - but if Kuipers plays a blinder and does well in training then I would be more than happy for him to continue.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I agree MB, The sad thing for me was last season after that blinding reserve performance I congratulated him on a good game and he said "it dont matter mate, i still wont play Saturday". That really really annoyed me that not even a performance like that could get him in the team.

As it turned out he did play on the Saturday.

Uncle Buck said:
Number 2 by a long way, even though he was generally the better keeper in pre-season?

Don't think he was, he was very poor in his main test at Milton Keynes, gave away a needless penalty at Worthing, etc.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I am a pro-McGhee (If you didn't know) and I am perfectly happy to have the best/in form keeper between the sticks. I don't think Hendo has done anything this season, to merit dropping - but if Kuipers plays a blinder and does well in training then I would be more than happy for him to continue.

That is the issue, in pre-season Henderson was not the best keeper.

DAMANCLAY said:
As it turned out he did play on the Saturday.
Quite! It showed that Kuipers was completely going off the rails in terms of his attitude to team discipline.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
What do you think it boils down to...

1) Kuipers must do more to earn his place in the team having only recently apologised

2) The 'distribution' factor?

3) Other

I think distrubution is the excuse, but a combination of all of them.

Whilst I accept that Kuipers is partly to blame for his own downfall, the fact is he had apologised, was the better keeper in pre-season and still got over looked.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
What do you think it boils down to...

1) Kuipers must do more to earn his place in the team having only recently apologised

2) The 'distribution' factor?

3) Other

Not having seen what they do at training who is to say that Kuipers is any better than Hendo.
My issue with Kuipers is that he is too beefed up to be a keeper - he carrys to much weight and this hinders him at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here