Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich...

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
I really hope this true. Anything more than we paid would be fantastic. Keep the money to spend in the summer and use combination of Barnes, Dobbie, Hoskins now. The team is no worse, could be better. Added to our summer budget we can buy a significantly better player.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I really hope this true. Anything more than we paid would be fantastic. Keep the money to spend in the summer and use combination of Barnes, Dobbie, Hoskins now. The team is no worse, could be better. Added to our summer budget we can buy a significantly better player.

Seriously...the team would be no worse ? !

You think getting rid of our top scorer who is on target to get 20 goals this season and not replacing him makes us no worse !

STAGGERING

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Short memory IMO.

When CMS was injured, were pretty poor.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We can't afford to play Hoskins or Dobbie, the two players with quality that we already own?!

Neither can play the 1 up front role CMS does for us anywhere near as well as he does.

As for Hoskins, the man is always always injured, you just cant rely on him to be fit for more than a month

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sell CMS and buy back Murray and lets never speak of it again.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
We were bloody awful without him in fact.

I just feel he misses far too many chances. Plus Gus wants to play a passing game meaning players need to fit into that system. CMS with all his 'workrate' means he is frequently out of position and not providing an outlet to play the ball forward into an area where his team mates would expect him to be.

Barnes has been top scorer the last two seasons - so if we can sell CMS for lots more than Barnes, which we can let's do so

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just feel he misses far too many chances. Plus Gus wants to play a passing game meaning players need to fit into that system. CMS with all his 'workrate' means he is frequently out of position and not providing an outlet to play the ball forward into an area where his team mates would expect him to be.

CMS has missed:
Gillingham (barely won)
Wrexham (drew)
Birmingham (lost)
Ipswich (drew)
Derby (drew)

20% win, 60% draw, 20% loss.

This season with him
won 44.4%, draw 33.3%, loss 22.2%

His work rate may leave him out of position, but that usually drags a defender out of position with him, leaving a gap, that is why we win more with him than without him.

Barnes has been top scorer the last two seasons - so if we can sell CMS for lots more than Barnes, which we can let's do so

He was our top scorer last season, the season before it was Murray, this season it is currently CMS. While I will defend Barnes from the unfair criticism he receives on here, I don't think he is being used in a way that makes such a sentiment seem sensible. He was our top scorer last season because CMS was still getting used to our system, and Barnes was managing to score his penalties (I think if we keep him as penalty taker he would score more of them this season, too, I think the problem with penalties two seasons go was exacerbated by changing taker every time someone missed one).

He is not played in the right position to get the most out of him with respect to goal scoring, and that isn't likely to change if we sell CMS.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
CMS has missed:
Gillingham (barely won)
Wrexham (drew)
Birmingham (lost)
Ipswich (drew)
Derby (drew)

20% win, 60% draw, 20% loss.

This season with him
won 44.4%, draw 33.3%, loss 22.2%

You forgot Bristol when the game was won prior to his appearance as sub

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Sell CMS and buy back Murray and lets never speak of it again.

Don't get me wrong here, Murray is a mercenary and will work for whoever is paying him most. We fully accept that and thankfully he's going great guns at the moment. That said if ol' Gus didn't reckon he could afford him then because of paying the dross you picked up in the summer, he won't want egg on his face now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
selling CMS and buying another striker that MIGHT score more goals is going to do nothing for us.. it would be a huge risk. the only way to improve would be to offload fringe players and use that money to help fund the purchase of another striker to play alongside CMS. But that would inevitably mean having to sell either Dobbie, Barnes or Agdestein.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here