Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Links With Le Harve

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
strike...be honest... a french maiden broke your heart, didnt she?

:lolol:

i have the same problem with the portugese, or i would, if i was xenophobic.
(nah, its that evil italian fucker for stealing her from me)

its all irony btw...i love all europeans:)
(its a true story tho.):)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You can charter a plane from Shoreham to Le Havre through a company called Executive Flights. It's not that cheap, and you only fly in a 6-seater. I think it's about £150 return per person. However, if more people wanted to do that, then it can only be good for Shoreham Airport, and would give better prospects for its much-needed future expansion.

perseus said:
Air France does not want to fly to Gatwick (or Shoreham on the expensive 50 seater turbo-props).

Air France DOES fly into Gatwick from Nantes plus one other place which escapes me using Embraer regional jets.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Right... back to the original point of this thread... it would be great if we could put in place a link with LH...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Zeitgeist said:
Air France DOES fly into Gatwick from Nantes plus one other place which escapes me using Embraer regional jets.

But Nantes is nowhere near Le Havre.

Rouen is quite near though and I think there are flights from Gatwick to Rouen.

Could go on a private yacht or fishing boat, I suppose.

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
perseus said:
But Nantes is nowhere near Le Havre.

Rouen is quite near though and I think there are flights from Gatwick to Rouen.

Could go on a private yacht or fishing boat, I suppose.

nantes a good three or four drive to le havre, i went there last weekend to see the outlaws. quickest way by far (as a seasoned traveller to le havre) is newhaven-dieppe ferry plus a one hour drive....

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
afters said:
nantes a good three or four drive to le havre, i went there last weekend to see the outlaws. quickest way by far (as a seasoned traveller to le havre) is newhaven-dieppe ferry plus a one hour drive....

Useful reply this.

Otherwise, I would have thought of a trip to Portsmouth at this end, and this would make the journey nearly two hours longer.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
perseus said:
Useful reply this.

Otherwise, I would have thought of a trip to Portsmouth at this end, and this would make the journey nearly two hours longer.

think they are cancelling the portsmouth-le havre service anyway....and it takes i think 6-8 hours from portsmouth...

newhaven-dieppe even on the slow service is 4 hours, the drive from dieppe is a little over one hour

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
bigc said:
strike...be honest... a french maiden broke your heart, didnt she?

:lolol:

i have the same problem with the portugese, or i would, if i was xenophobic.
(nah, its that evil italian fucker for stealing her from me)

its all irony btw...i love all europeans:)
(its a true story tho.):)

I do not believe I am a racist, or a prejudiced bigot I know a Aussie who was my English teacher that lives over here, that has been to France and is Pro-EU, and does not like the French and said similar comments to what I said. I can't believe all the racist branding I get, its alright for a left winger Europe Lover to say as much oh I hate arragant Yanks as possible, yet its a sin on this board if Strike posts I do not like the French. Who is the racist out of those two. I do not go calling nations stupid racist names or use the word hate or swear words. LOL

Anyway two things I like about the French, their crossants and wine. But for most other things I am not that keen on most things French.:jester:

Last edited:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
strike, the more you get sucked into the right wing smoke screen making machine the dafter you sound.

Answer questions put to you, don't come out with all the usual bollocks.

Look up the words 'dislike' and 'most' and then consider you have no experience of this place you talk about. Then go 'doh', then start acting like a normal human being. And go and get me a galaxy bar while your at it:)

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
We all have our prejudices. The tabloids Sun/Mail etc have built up anti-French and German feelings as part of their agenda. There is also an anti-American slant at work elsewhere.

As an old git I find it very depressing that people born after c1970 are so keen to refer to WW2.

What this thread should be about is the Albion taking advantage of Brighton's close proximity to France.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who thought up this idea?

It seems like the only good idea that anybody has thought up for heck up for hell of a long time!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
mona said:
As an old git I find it very depressing that people born after c1970 are so keen to refer to WW2.

Why 1970?
I was born 1970.Can i comment on the French nation's inexplicable yellow-bellied frostiness towards us?

As for Brighton,has there been any official mention anywhere?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here