Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Links With Le Harve

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Reasons

1) They believe that they drove the Germans out of their country during World War 2 all by themselves when it was us that helped them.

2) Because of the history between them and us.

3) They are arrogant.

4) When French people are over here, you try and speak a bit of French to them, yet if you are in France, they don't speak a word of English to you.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Strike said:
Reasons

1) They believe that they drove the Germans out of their country during World War 2 all by themselves when it was us that helped them.

3) They are arrogant.

4) When French people are over here, you try and speak a bit of French to them, yet if you are in France, they don't speak a word of English to you.

Racist.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Who is "They"? ALL french people?

History is in the past (funnily enough), look to the future!

3) They are arrogant.
British are Hooligans!

Its their language! its your fault for speaking crap French at them! "une Bierre Sil Vous Plait!" is not HARD!

:)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Strike said:
It seems OK for most here call the yanks bastards and not be deemed racist. Yet if someone like me calls the French arrogant, I get called racist. What is up with this country?

Sits back and wait for cries of 'people like you'.

:jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Strike said:
What is up with this country?

There's nothing wrong with this country. It's the people in it that are the problem.

Anyway, the Yanks are bastards. Most of them anyway.

:lolol: :p :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I get really narked when people keep on about the French being surrender monkeys and just rolling over when the Germans invaded, if you want an example of that look at the Dutch who only lasted for 5 days before capitulating. As a child we had neighbours with French ancestry, I can remember meeting their grandad who was a little man who said very little but seemed to just sit around smoking foul smelling cigarettes. The old man died when I was still fairly young and the family arranged for a French flag to be draped over the coffin at his funeral out of respect.

A few months after he died a man turned up from the French Embassy to present the family with medals that the old man had been awarded but was never presented. I am not sure how many medals or indeed which ones, it transpired that he had been a member of the resistance and continued to fight against German occupation despite his brothers being executed for their involvement. I always felt a sense of awe when in the presence of that old man, I could never understand why. I now feel a great respect for both him and his fellow Frenchmen who fought and suffered during the war, their contribution to defeating Naziism was as great as anything that anyone from our country contributed and the stakes far higher.

Back to the gist of the thread, I reckon a tie-up with Le Havre would be an excellent idea, as stated already it would be fun to play a few friendly matches and take in the odd Hypermarche on the way...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Wookiee said:
Portsmouth had a 'friendly' there some years back, they decided that would be a good game to protest at the way their club was being run.

The game was abandoned, the ground wrecked, bars drunk dry, numerous arrests.

I dont think they have hosted an English club since!

I remember that, didn't one of the boats get turned back as well.

I reckon it would be a giggle, decent ferry crossing, a few bars, taking over the main square with our flags, the Fatty Taxman making an arse of himself....

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Strike said:
Reasons

3) They are arrogant.

and you claim to be a spokesman for youth? shame on you, bigotted little shit.

i've lived with a french girl for 8 years now (who actually is from honfleur opposite le havre) and imho, small-minded idiots like you could learn a thing from the french...

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
there's nothing like a good old racist, religious, or pende comment to get NSC going. It seems like some of you are just waiting to get annoyed or offended most of the time :lolol:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Uncle Buck said:
Sounds like that is out of your BN... sorry UKIP brochure as well. Hate Europeans yet love Sceptics.

I do not hate Europeans.

Its just most French people I dislike, I like Germany because of its intresting buildings and I know some Germans. I have always love reading up on places like Holland, Hollands a country I would love to visit, because it has intresting buildings and citys and people. Plus I have a few friends from The Netherlands. I chat to them on MSN.

I like Austria and Switzerland, some people have told me Austrias nice to visit.

So I don't get the logic of most people on here that to be a supporter of UKIP or being Anti-EU means that you are Anti-European, and you hate all things European. Its just not true.

Anyway were you lot calling the Spanish all the names under the sun here recently, that could be called racist you know.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
afters said:
and you claim to be a spokesman for youth? shame on you, bigotted little shit.

i've lived with a french girl for 8 years now (who actually is from honfleur opposite le havre) and imho, small-minded idiots like you could learn a thing from the french...

Oh and I worked with a Spanish girl at a sports shop who was from Cadiz, who was a friend of mine. Shes sadly gone back to Spain, :( Not all Spanish people are racist bigots you know, and Yanks.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Strike said:
I do not hate Europeans.

Its just most French people I dislike, I like Germany because of its intresting buildings and I know some Germans. I have always love reading up on places like Holland, Hollands a country I would love to visit, because it has intresting buildings and citys and people. Plus I have a few friends from The Netherlands. I chat to them on MSN.

I like Austria and Switzerland, some people have told me Austrias nice to visit.

So I don't get the logic of most people on here that to be a supporter of UKIP or being Anti-EU means that you are Anti-European, and you hate all things European. Its just not true.

Anyway were you lot calling the Spanish all the names under the sun here recently, that could be called racist you know.

a spokesman for young people? hang your biggotted little head in shame..

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Afters I did not mean all French people and I did not the say the word hate. There is a difference betweem hate and dislike you know. I just mean't most. I know there will be a some decent French people. Nigel Farage from UKIP has a French wife. All I said is I dislike most French, what is wrong with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here