Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Links With Le Harve

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Strike to a brick wall

I SAID I DISLIKE MOST FRENCH PEOPLE NOT ALL AND I DID NOT BRAND THE FRENCH BASTARDS. JUST BRANDED BASTARDS PEOPLE THAT ATTACK OTHER PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT NATIONANITY THEY ARE.

:dunce: :lolol:

Last edited:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
This applys to most French not all.

Strike said:
Reasons

1) They believe that they drove the Germans out of their country during World War 2 all by themselves when it was us that helped them.

2) Because of the history between them and us.

3) They are arrogant.

4) When French people are over here, you try and speak a bit of French to them, yet if you are in France, they don't speak a word of English to you.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Strike said:
This applys to most French not all.

It is a bit of a little Englander view and not exactly healthy, it is in the past. At the end of the day Parisians can be difficult, but I do not hate the majority of Parisians because of that. All your arguments are showing you are ignorant and bigoted. If you can not back them up, then I would really stop digging the whole, because the way you are going, you will dig to the other side of the world and then might have to deal with some ghastly forgeigners and your Lord and Master at the BN, sorry UKIP would not like that, as you all seem to believe in isolation.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
perseus said:
First good bit of news I have heard for ages!

In the past I have suggested this, with a poll on which club would be the best for our very first match at the new stadium: I suggested le Havre.

And many years earlier, when I suggested we should attempt to sign a young player from le Havre called Pongolle (although this was never really likely to happen).

PS: I do not take any credit (or blame) for this. I only posted it on NSC and nobody takes any notice.

Furthermore, I know that the French burned down a place called Pende in the 13th century and it has never been built on since. But I do not bear a grudge.
Good news eh Percy? No one's going on about Pende for a change! NSC has a new quarry and the scent of blood ......

I think Strike would desparately like to withdraw his original comment, I think he's learnt his lesson. Hopefully his originall ill-thought-out view is not typical of other people his generation. I don't think so.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Wookiee said:
John Byrne is co-ordinating the whole thing.

Le Harve is where Liverpool got Le Tallec form, he is currently back on loan there.

Le Tallac, I think I has gone to St. Etienne on loan. Le Havre got relegated last season (or was it the one before last?) and we got promoted or else the difference would have been too great.

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Pardon my ignorance, but you can't catch a ferry from Newhaven to Le Havre? Have to go via Portsmouth, right?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect so. Good point about the ferries.

Dieppe are in the French Division Two (except they may have got relegated last season?)

I am not sure why I thought of le Havre. I think it was because le Havre wanted a friendly fixture in the 1980s and Barry Lloyd turned down the invitation. I thought this was very mean spirited and small minded at the time.

Not because Johnny Byrne used to play for them. I had forgotten that.

Le Havre has got an airport though. They could fly into Shoreham? Le Havre Airport has a runway of 2100 metres which makes it suitable as an international airport in the regional scheme of things. Shoreham Airport has only got room with the extension for 1200 metres, so there is an aircraft size limitation and it can only fit in piddly little planes, with 50 to 90 passengers, large enough for a football team. Runway length now is about 900 metres which means planes up to 40 or 50 passengers only.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
perseus said:
I expect so. Good point about the ferries.

Dieppe are in the French Division Two (except they may have got relegated last season?)

I am not sure why I thought of le Havre. I think it was because le Havre wanted a friendly fixture in the 1980s and Barry Lloyd turned down the invitation. I thought this was very mean spirited and small minded at the time.

Not because Johnny Byrne used to play for them. I had forgotten that.

Le Havre has got an airport though. They could fly into Shoreham? Le Havre Airport has a runway of 2100 metres which makes it suitable as an international airport in the regional scheme of things. Shoreham Airport has only got room with the extension for 1200 metres, so there is an aircraft size limitation and it can only fit in piddly little planes, with 50 to 90 passengers, large enough for a football team. Runway length now is about 900 metres which means planes up to 40 or 50 passengers only.

And, more importantly, what are the crustaceans like in Le Havre?

And what have you got against beetroot and spotted dick (not together obviously)?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Le Havre Stadium Plans

The survey of feasibility per one new stadium in the agglomeration [havraise]« opens some new perspectives, so much in terms of quality of the facilities that of financial balance». « appreciable to the arguments of the persons responsible of HAC (.) and to the monitoring of their reserves as for a restructuring of Deschaseaux stadium, the CODAH took the decision of hiring, since this year, the studies wished by the club. »

These some lines extracted of a communiqué of press distributed by the CODAH February 9 last can only encourage the HAC in his gait. They prove the quality of monitoring of the elected and the big attention carried to the file presented by the club. They also mark their wisdom of having renounced to the idea of a renovation of Deschaseaux, costly solution and little [porteuse] of future. From now on, he matters of working all together on the complementary studies, indispensable to the installation of a file without faille uniting a large consensus around a structural project on three themes:

A stadium tool of development of the picture and of pep of the economy [havraise]
A stadium complementary tool to the cultural existing infrastructures
A stadium tool of work and of accessible meeting to all the middle local [associatif].
In summary: A TOOL FOR ALL.

Jean Pierre LOUVEL, President of HAC (SASP)

http://www.hac.asso.fr/

A new stadium for all
what conception?

An unique stadium for the community [havraise]
Know it how to make and the experience of H.O.K. allows to propose a stadium conceived for Le Havre. That is how the architects who worked [havraise] on the file of HAC for the agglomeration worked out a project "[havrais]" recalling by the shape of the roofing, notably, the strong naval relation of Havre. He acted, there also, of an example; the illustration of a will of identity.

A stadium must be an object of pride for all one population.
The stadium of the agglomeration [havraise] therefore distinguish some something else that each one appropriates him and in feels satisfaction and pride. A roofing who recalls the waves who rock Le Havre.

A line [racée] to no one else alike.

Every place, every equipment, every installation was [positionnés] of way to this that they answer fully:

to the norms of security.
to the expectations and to the needs of the publics and users.

to a conception "to the English" of which the public is near some actors.

A stadium for all and opened to all

A welcome on, [convivial], comfortable and modern.
The will of HAC is, by the new stadium, of competing the development of the agglomeration [havraise], and beyond again. To this end, he invites that this equipment doesn't function twenty or twenty-five days by year only, but well all the year.

Indeed, the associations, the amateurs clubs, are frequently in misses of rooms of meetings, the bridegrooms and communicants run after the rooms for meal and wines of honor, the enterprises want to vary their places of meetings, all these activities will be welcomed and facilitated in the new stadium.

Some rooms for all: associations, amateurs clubs, enterprises, all to the long of the year.
A new stadium [ausi] permit some other activities. Why a museum do [intéractif] of sport in a city who saw be born the soccer, but also, the rugby, the badminton, the yachting? Why a center so that the sportsmen, that they are of leisures or of competitions, could benefit of attentiveness and of facilities of putting back in forms

If the Stadium of France, but also the one of Nancy and so much some other could welcome Johnny Hallyday, Carmen, or in the night Celtic, why the new stadium of Havre. All these spectacles don't have right of mentioning today, for lack of adapted facilities. The new stadium will also be a place of culture and of entertainment.

Some big spectacles, some concerts until then inaccessible.

More than ten month of work is summaries on this site, who doesn't can therefore be exhaustive.

However, he shows that, thus, the presented project answers fully to the notebook of the loads:

he is financially reliable (and viable, and [novateur])
he competition no other initiative of local development but comes, on the contrary, complete [harmonieusement] the new [attractivité] of Havre and of his agglomeration
he competes greatly to the everlastingness and to the flight of sport of high level in the agglomeration [havraise]
he brings the community the pride of a remarkable work, the pleasure of a place of spectacles and of feast, the security for all the publics, some services to all, particular like enterprises

For so much, it is now that all begins. Indeed, by this survey, the H.A.C. present some propositions, some tracks of reflection, recommends some solutions, and, especially, a project extensively opened who demand number of complementary studies for:

clearing the best adapted on the legal solutions

validating the whole some financial aspects
achieving the studies of walking who will allow to refine the offerings

putting in places the largest consultations allowing to keep the most favorable site

conforming to the legal and authorized arrangements who imposes to the [collectivités]

associating all the interested parts to this equipment carrier of future.
A passionate work opens, a beautiful challenge, who is the business of all.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Juan Albion said:
And, more importantly, what are the crustaceans like in Le Havre?

And what have you got against beetroot and spotted dick (not together obviously)?

ahaha.

you read that bit of the website too

dont forget gameshows

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't like French people because when I was on holiday there (a good 13 years ago) the lady at the newsagents was rude. :angry:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Zeitgeist said:
Yeah righto Percy. :rolleyes: Did you translate that lot via your "self taught" French by chance?....

Gawd, that's a tricky one. French is not my second language. Norwegian is: I can count up to F.

I expect Johnny Byrne is out leading exponent of inter-**** relations as he can speak a bit of French.

I never know if it is a le or a la: with le Havre I could never get past the sexual connotations. Boundstone Academy was a mixed school.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It tales six and a half hours by ferry to le Havre from Portsmouth during the day and another hours or so with waiting around to get to Portsmouth.

It is about as quick to go to Glasgow by train. Same language problem though.

Le Havre is a regional airport, so there are no flights from Gatwick as far as I can find out. It is the other way around. Air France does not want to fly to Gatwick (or Shoreham on the expensive 50 seater turbo-props).

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But only if the ports aren't blockaded or the French aren't on strike again.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dougdeep: just what I was thinking as well. You beat me to it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps we combine Strike's ideology and Perseus' treachery, and call Le Havre's stadium 'Jean-Marie le Pende'

*COAT*

Before before I don my coat, I would just like to say this...

Strike, you are a spiteful, ignorant brainless xenophobe, and a racist to boot. Every utterance you make on this subject confirms more and more your bigotry based on your insular misguided stupidity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here