Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Class of '79

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Jesus wept. :wozza:

I will explain this very simple concept to you, because evidently it needs explaining.

What I said (about the Wilkins stuff) wouldn't have made a great deal sense if I hadn't given it some context.

Frankly, it's a gormless response from you there. :facepalm:

So, back to the original point, who did I name-drop (evidently an appalling social crime to you) in the first post?

why the high and mighty "needs explaining" "gormless" etc etc are you making the assumptions we all don't get it and you do?

oh and you were namedropping the whole team in the first post i'd suggest.

"appaling crime": no
pretty sad that you feel the need to: yes

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jesus wept. :wozza:

I will explain this very simple concept to you, because evidently it needs explaining.
Do you realise what a tool you sound when you talk like this to someone who is in all probability considerably more intelligent than you?

TLO, he is looking for a bite, and you took it (as usual).

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
why the high and mighty "needs explaining" "gormless" etc etc are you making the assumptions we all don't get it and you do?

Oi Gormo, you really have no idea how to YAKK with the stars though do you ?

fyi A slang term for cocaine or being high on cocaine.
"Wow, you look yakked up!" OR "Let's go cop some yakk"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Do you realise what a tool you sound when you talk like this to someone who is in all probability considerably more intelligent than you?

TLO, he is looking for a bite, and you took it (as usual).

Maybe, maybe not. But I just don't get his point.

I started off - on the back of a conversation I'd had - mentioning about one person's opinion. He took it to read I was name-dropping (when I haven't mentioned anyone's name), and decided to have a pop, as if name-dropping was a crime.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I feel it's gormless (apologies for the unfortunate word - prefer 'muddled response') because you are the one making repeated comments about 'name-dropping' when one, I haven't done it here and two, even if I had, so what?

Name-dropping the whole team?

Original post: HE said HE feels that that squad is ‘under-appreciated’ and 'largely forgotten'."

I merely asked other people for their opinion on his opinion.

So who have I name-dropped?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I

Back to Peter Ward, I remember going to see him play for England U-21s at the Goldstone. I think it was against Norway and he scored a hatrick in a 6-0 win.

This was my first ever live game. At this point I loved football but didnt really have a team as such. I enjoyed it so much I begged my father to take me with him to the next Brighton game (against Bolton). The rest, as they say, is history.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Name-dropping the whole team?

"HE said HE felt the whole team were under-appreciated..."

I merely asked other people for their opinion on his opinion. So who have I name-dropped?

oh perlease, you know exactly what i mean, or you acting dumb? it's team as in the collective noun, as in the first post.

:facepalm:

Carlsberg don't do binfests. But if they did, they would be a f*** lot better then this pile of shite you big bunch of gay spakkers.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm still struggling here, afters.

What is the problem with mentioning that someone in the 1979 team feels like the squad is under-appreciated that you feel it's name-dropping? I don't even know if the rest of the squad members feel the same - he was giving me his opinion. How can I put this up as a thread in order to have a debate without mentioning the very thing you're having a pop at me about? Or is that what your issue is?

Supposing YOU said the 1979 squad was under-appreciated. Does that mean YOU are name-dropping the whole squad?

Accuse me of being dumb if you must, cos it's evident I'm missing something fairly large and obvious here...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To actually have name-dropped the said player would have been less smug and annoying tbh.

I read your first post as "look at me, look at me, I'm really important, and know things you don't. I could tell you who the player was, but I bloody love the attention, so I'm going to make you beg for it".

Perhaps that's just me reading it wrong though.

D

Deleted User X18H

To actually have name-dropped the said player would have been less smug and annoying tbh.

I read your first post as "look at me, look at me, I'm really important, and know things you don't. I could tell you who the player was, but I bloody love the attention, so I'm going to make you beg for it".

Perhaps that's just me reading it wrong though.

Oh no! No No. Oh no no no no. Oh gawd. I agree with HKFC:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here