Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
domJoly_1431416c.jpg

Hello? No, I'm in this thread.

No, it's rubbish

D

Deleted User X18H

Look, it's probably one of these- Gary Williams, works in his family business delivers pie's and the like to Pubs and cafe's in and around Brighton and Hove and is a bit miffed he hardly ever gets noticed around town. As he will tell you every Friday night in the Albion down church road who he is.

Andy Rollings he still follows the club and runs a cafe in Preston Park. He loves Seagulls TV.NET but appears to just like nostalgia and not so much the limelight.

Or even multi milliuonaire Chris Cattlin who if he wanted to could employ the media to big up the 1979 squad but probably can't be bothrered

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
wasnt there a song many years ago called "Yakkety yak" " dont
talk back" or something like that

The Coasters- Yakety Yak

Take out the papers and the trash
Or you don't get no spendin' cash
If you don't scrub that kitchen floor
You ain't gonna rock and roll no more
Yakety yak (don't talk back)

Just finish cleanin' up your room
Let's see that dust fly with that broom
Get all that garbage out of sight
Or you don't go out Friday night

You just put on your coat and hat
And walk yourself to the laundromat
And when you finish doin' that
Bring in the dog and put out the cat

Don't you give me no dirty looks
Your father's hip; he knows what cooks
Just tell your hoodlum friend outside
You ain't got time to take a ride

Yakety yak, yakety yak
Yakety yak, yakety yak
Yakety yak, yakety yak
Yakety yak, yakety yak

As a result of their 1950s Los Angeles background, it remains unclear whether The Coasters knew any of the Albion players from 1979.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
To actually have name-dropped the said player would have been less smug and annoying tbh.

I read your first post as "look at me, look at me, I'm really important, and know things you don't. I could tell you who the player was, but I bloody love the attention, so I'm going to make you beg for it".

Perhaps that's just me reading it wrong though.

Blimey. TLO tells us about an opinion that was shared with him. Asks for people's opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. Then you make up a whole story about what it means in relation to what he thinks about himself and other NSCers.

If you read his post as "look at me, look at me, I'm really important, and know things you don't etc", that's your invention. You created that meaning, not him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The Class of '79 (after the Newcastle match): :eek:

Attachments

• classof79.jpg
    classof79.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 111

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Blimey. TLO tells us about an opinion that was shared with him. Asks for people's opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. Then you make up a whole story about what it means in relation to what he thinks about himself and other NSCers.

If you read his post as "look at me, look at me, I'm really important, and know things you don't etc", that's your invention. You created that meaning, not him.

Yes, you could give him the benefit of the doubt.

Then again, TLO has a long, long history of cringeworthy look-at-me threads on NSC. :facepalm:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Unappreciated? maybe it's only my age group who can fully appreciate that team.
It's difficult to compare how good that team was, with anything today. I don't like to use this comparison, but I can't think of another team. Leeds. As they are now.
We were HUGE. When we went away, we were feared. We had huge support. But behind us, or should I say in front of us were this incredibly talented team. Brian Horton, the captain we need now. He scared his own players. Cattlin, a player who had reached heights with Cov. He LOVES Brighton, believe me. That is just two, but the whole team were unbelievably good.
In my opinion the greatest Albion team I have ever watched.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The fact that it's old doesn't make it harder to find. It's a CLASSIC.

Going through it, I notice there's only a small handful of people on my case on that thread. Most others don't seem to be.

Even if that weren't the case, the issues, insofar as you wish to dredge this 'classic' up on an occasional basis, I would say, are yours. Some of us move on, how about you?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Unappreciated? maybe it's only my age group who can fully appreciate that team.
It's difficult to compare how good that team was, with anything today. I don't like to use this comparison, but I can't think of another team. Leeds. As they are now.
We were HUGE. When we went away, we were feared. We had huge support. But behind us, or should I say in front of us were this incredibly talented team. Brian Horton, the captain we need now. He scared his own players. Cattlin, a player who had reached heights with Cov. He LOVES Brighton, believe me. That is just two, but the whole team were unbelievably good.
In my opinion the greatest Albion team I have ever watched.

Spot on, how we need a player in the mould of Horton, or even Paul (Tank) Clarke.

We didn't just used to stroll along the Old Shoreham Road expecting to win in those days, we KNEW we'd win.
Great team, great players, great times.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Spot on, how we need a player in the mould of Horton, or even Paul (Tank) Clarke.

We didn't just used to stroll along the Old Shoreham Road expecting to win in those days, we KNEW we'd win.
Great team, great players, great times.

To appreciate just how highly Brian Horton was rated by the Brighton public was showned after Peter Ward scored 36 goals, breaking the all time scoring record but 'Nobby' was crowned player of the year. That I think speaks volumes for the man and his abilities and leadership skills.

A true legend.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Alan Wares He's OK :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I watch the Wardy video last night. Its good but there are hardly any goals. This is because as the only ones they could find was when we had a rare appearance on MOTD of the Big Match its a great shame Wardy's stunning goalscoring era was not available to re live. Nowadays every Wardy goals would have been on youtube.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here