Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clamping Scum in Southwick

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This will make you laugh.

I parked up at 11.30 am Sunday morning in the side road by the side of the dry cleaners and estate agent admittedly on double yellow lines but of no harm to anyone and certainly not obstructing traffic to pop into the bookies to pick up my huge winnings on Numbersixvalverde.

When I came back at 11.50 pm some scumbag was just packing up after clamping the MG with a smug look on his face.

I said , what the f*** do you think you are doing, to which he replied, its the council mate , they won't have it. I argued the toss but apparently the council are to blame.

BOLLOCKS, its a money making scam by Allied Clamping Scum who now parade Southwick looking for poor sods to clamp on a quiet Sunday morning and fleece £ 85 from. Its the same really as the guy nicking my wallet in the street and stealing £ 85.

So DO NOT PARK AROUND SOUTHWICK SQUARE BY THE BACK OF THE SHOPS or these scumbags will be hiding waiting to pounce and rob you of £ 85.

I did feel better by telling the bloke to feck right off and get a proper job but the damage had been done.

If you live in Southwick do not let these parasites get any more money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know EXACTLY where you mean.
You should've just parked in the handicapped spaces across the road. They're always empty.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your right.

There are no traffic wardens in Southwick so its easy prey for these fuckwits to pounce.

The guy must have been waiting in his van for a poor sod to come along like a spider waiting for a fly to be ensnared in his web.

Its the shops/flats on the South side of the square. They will get you if you parl there on the yellows. £ 85 please guvnor , luvly jubbly.

I thought these cretins had been closed down.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
To leave your car on double yellows for 20 minutes you really were leaving yourself vulnerable though

Not saying you deserve an £85 clamp but we all know what double yellows mean and if you're not disabled why couldn't you have parked legally and walked a few more yards?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm always a little bit scared when I park in Co-op, cos I can't be bothered to get that freebie 20 minute ticket. Thats probably why I win f*** all on my accumulators, cos I'm always rushing through my selections in Ladbrokes in fear of getting a parking fine.

I stuck 2 fingers up at Forfars as I walked past on Saturday though. Made me feel big.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
227 BHA said:
if you're not disabled why couldn't you have parked legally and walked a few more yards?
:rolleyes:

Because its INCONVENIENT. Obviously.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The free spaces outside the video shop were taken up and I couldn't be bothered to walk the extra 50 yards.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I quite regularly mount the kerb next to the Lloyds TSB to use the cashpoint (the carpark behind the bank is a bit of a squeeze). I will continue to do this in complete confidence though, as my car is only 3 strides away from the ATM, so theres NO WAY some clamping monkey would be able to do his dirty work before I get my cash.

Wankers, the lot of 'em.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Luckily I had the readies in my wallet. If I had no access to funds I would have been f***ed for the whole day and no doubt they would have taken it away to some yard and charged another
£ 200 for removal costs and storage.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Played a gig at the Freebutt the other night, and when we got out, our car had been clamped. £125 per calendar day! As we left the venue at 11.15pm, that meant we had 45 minutes to pay before it rocketed up to £250!!

Scum. That is all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its not about keeping the roads clear or safety it is about making money. Its really legalised robbery. I personally would rather clean the toilets at Brighton stattion for a living than do what they do.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
The free spaces outside the video shop were taken up and I couldn't be bothered to walk the extra 50 yards.

I must admit, harsh though the amount of dosh involved is, my sympathy ebbed away a little at this point...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was a repost to Easy 10's remark. There really is no excuse for this practice.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No offence but you were parked illegally its your fault if you cant be arsed to walk 50 yeards. You really have no grounds for complaint at all.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I know EXACTLY where you mean.
You should've just parked in the handicapped spaces across the road. They're always empty.
the only time in my life that i have been clamped was when i parked on the ground floor of a car park - in the disabled spaces - at 9pm at night - car park was totally empty, all shops were closed, but I had stuff in my boot to drop off so didn't want to park upstairs (entire ground floor was disabled)... was clamped within minutes of parking the car in a disabled space - £90 fee

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are you in the clamping industry ???

There is no excuse for this shoddy practice.

I was just unlucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here