Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If there are signs up, yes.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Everest said:
If there are signs up, yes.
are there usually in Tesco's? (I'm thinking more of the "Mother & Baby" spaces than the "Disabled" ones...)

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
They are just as bad in Brighton, clamped my son's car as it was parked in resident space instead of visitors, but no markings on the road or wall as you can see from photo.
The police were called, and even they ask them to remove it and they still refused.
When they left we promptly cut it off ourselves and said take us to court if you dare, we have photo evidence, and even the police agreed to give evidence in court if needed.

Of course we heard nothing more, and within a week or so someone was there marking the road.

Absolute wankers.

P1010002.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The wardens/clampers generally don't help themselves. A couple of months back I was in Manchester and went to Rusholme for a ruby. Parked the car in a small car park and went to get a ticket from the machine, unfortunately it wasn't working and wouldn't accept my coins. I spotted not one, nor two, but three wardens in the street and attracted their attention to the broken machine, in the hope that they would agree it was bust and leave all the cars alone in the car park as it was impossible to get a parking ticket. One of them had a set of keys and managed to fix the machine, I had to pretty much race back to my car to stop one of his colleagues from ticketing it.

I would have little argument if I got a ticket for parking on double yellows as I should know better. However the wardens/clampers have targeted ambulances on emergency calls, police cars, etc, etc, how do they expect to get anything other than abuse from the public.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
jimmyseagull said:
They are just as bad in Brighton, clamped my son's car as it was parked in resident space instead of visitors, but no markings on the road or wall as you can see from photo.
The police were called, and even they ask them to remove it and they still refused.
When they left we promptly cut it off ourselves and said take us to court if you dare, we have photo evidence, and even the police agreed to give evidence in court if needed.

Of course we heard nothing more, and within a week or so someone was there marking the road.

Absolute wankers.

Considering what your son is driving, I make that fair game.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
This will make you laugh.

I parked up at 11.30 am Sunday morning in the side road by the side of the dry cleaners and estate agent admittedly on double yellow lines but of no harm to anyone and certainly not obstructing traffic to pop into the bookies to pick up my huge winnings on Numbersixvalverde.

When I came back at 11.50 pm some scumbag was just packing up after clamping the MG with a smug look on his face.

I said , what the f*** do you think you are doing, to which he replied, its the council mate , they won't have it. I argued the toss but apparently the council are to blame.

BOLLOCKS, its a money making scam by Allied Clamping Scum who now parade Southwick looking for poor sods to clamp on a quiet Sunday morning and fleece £ 85 from. Its the same really as the guy nicking my wallet in the street and stealing £ 85.

So DO NOT PARK AROUND SOUTHWICK SQUARE BY THE BACK OF THE SHOPS or these scumbags will be hiding waiting to pounce and rob you of £ 85.

I did feel better by telling the bloke to feck right off and get a proper job but the damage had been done.

If you live in Southwick do not let these parasites get any more money.

you're PATHETIC, just pop up Roman Way (think thats the name, leads upto the Req Area) as theres ALWAYS spaces up there and you barely walk any farther.....YOU deserved to be clamped :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Clampers do a good job here in Central Brighton :)

The number of times I have come back to my reserved private car space and some prick has parked in it :shootself

At the end of the day, park legally and all will be well.

Yes, I do park illegally myself on occasions. But if I get caught then it's my stupidity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
clippedgull said:
Clampers do a good job here in Central Brighton :)

The number of times I have come back to my reserved private car space and some prick has parked in it :shootself
So they don't do THAT good a job then...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Re: Re: Clamping Scum in Southwick

Marc said:
just pop up Roman Way (think thats the name, leads upto the Req Area) as theres ALWAYS spaces up there and you barely walk any farther
Do you mean Croft Avenue?
When shopping, I normally park across the road from Barclays. There are markings on the road for 'Taxis only', but seeing as I've got a taxi sign on my roof...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Coming from an ex-courier job (and a job where I have to park in streets now) I am all for the Clampers & Ticket issueing doods....if you park illegally then accept the consequences...you have NO argyment!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I got clamped in Portsmouth. Had to visit the DVLA office, eventually found it and was amazed to find that it offered no parking whatsoever, luckily just across the road was a huge pub with a massive car park. Signs, I admit, warning that the pub car park was for patrons of the pub only. It was coming up for mid-day so we took the decision to park in the pub, quickly pop in to the DVLA and then have lunch in the pub. Came out of the DVLA 10 mins later to find a nice shiny new clamp on my car. 2 gorillas lumbered over from a nearby van and demanded their 75 quid. Having spent 15 mins getting stroppy with them and explaining I didn't have the money having literally just driven straight there from Germany, I offered them a cheque, which, amazingly the goons accepted. I jotted down their mobile number and departed, drove about half a mile, spotted a Barclays Bank, told the nice lady what had happened and that I wanted to stop the cheque. She explained that it would normally cost £25 to stop a cheque, but given the circumstances, she'd forget about the charges. Grinning like a chesire cat I left the bank, phoned the 2 muppets in the van and childishly told them what I thought of them and that they might as well bin my useless cheque! Result!!:lolol:
Moral of the story, always carry an emergency cheque in your wallet, even in this electronic age we live in :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
C1, that was perfect, stuff the buggers...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Next time you park in a pub car park, go in the pub first making out you're having a drink/meal. Leave through another door, do your business, then pop back to the pub

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everest said:
Next time you park in a pub car park, go in the pub first making out you're having a drink/meal. Leave through another door, do your business, then pop back to the pub
Probably best not to pop back if you "did your business" in their doorway though.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
C1 BHA said:
I got clamped in Portsmouth. Had to visit the DVLA office, eventually found it and was amazed to find that it offered no parking whatsoever, luckily just across the road was a huge pub with a massive car park. Signs, I admit, warning that the pub car park was for patrons of the pub only. It was coming up for mid-day so we took the decision to park in the pub, quickly pop in to the DVLA and then have lunch in the pub. Came out of the DVLA 10 mins later to find a nice shiny new clamp on my car. 2 gorillas lumbered over from a nearby van and demanded their 75 quid. Having spent 15 mins getting stroppy with them and explaining I didn't have the money having literally just driven straight there from Germany, I offered them a cheque, which, amazingly the goons accepted. I jotted down their mobile number and departed, drove about half a mile, spotted a Barclays Bank, told the nice lady what had happened and that I wanted to stop the cheque. She explained that it would normally cost £25 to stop a cheque, but given the circumstances, she'd forget about the charges. Grinning like a chesire cat I left the bank, phoned the 2 muppets in the van and childishly told them what I thought of them and that they might as well bin my useless cheque! Result!!:lolol:
Moral of the story, always carry an emergency cheque in your wallet, even in this electronic age we live in :clap:

But the "muppets" had your car details, from which they could find your home details - next thing you know they pay you a visit when no body is home and do in excess of £75 quids worth of damage - I once heard a nutter threaten to set light to someones home - piss someone off and they usually come looking for retribution.

RISKY GAME !

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It used to be a drive-thru, but Gareth kept running out of fuel in it 'cos he couldn't afford to fill up.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anything that goes wrong is never my fault, anyone on here should know that by now.

The signs are big and I was being a lazy bastard but I was unlucky and i still think the guys that do this job need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror especially when it is purely a money making exercise and nothing to do with traffic restrictions or keeping the traffic flowing.

Anyway the point of the post was to alert people in the area not to park around Southwick and give more money to these scumbags.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here