Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ckr to Wolves???

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
Probably about the going rate. Yes he might be talented, but his career stats do not back that up.

More to a player than just stats.

Hard to see thats the going rate if players like Hayles go for 100k

Not worth selling at 250k

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We really can't afford to sell anyone can we? These days we never replace them except with youth and non leaguers and how long can we keep that up? LDC are winning at the moment :down: :angry:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Why sell him, the money will not go into the team, so keep him as he could be useful if all the forwards get injured

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
But then how many games did he make the difference in last season? Not many and for all his talent, he has not done a lot to date.

This maybe true, but he was playing at a higher level than he has ever played at... in a poor side. As the season wore on he started to look better.

I'm not arguing that he is nessasarly worth 500k, but there isn't any point in selling unless we get a lot of money for him

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
blockhseagull said:
More to a player than just stats.

Absolutely, the stats dont show his head going down anytime things arent going his way.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
blockhseagull said:
:lolol: :lolol:

Slagging him off is a great idea

Its not slagging him off, its a fact, if no one points that out to him and he carries on acting like a child, I cant see his long term future in the game being particularly fruitful, the best players tend to have a never give up attitude, thats what seperates them from the average.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Rougvie said:
Its not slagging him off, its a fact, if no one points that out to him and he carries on acting like a child, I cant see his long term future in the game being particularly fruitful, the best players tend to have a never give up attitude, thats what seperates them from the average.

That is a fair point, but kinda think most around the club haven't helped on that front.

Whether it be MM, Leon, McCammon,Kuipers, Flo.... not really the way to show a young professional how to behave.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
blockhseagull said:
That is a fair point, but kinda think most around the club haven't helped on that front.

Whether it be MM, Leon, McCammon,Kuipers, Flo.... not really the way to show a young professional how to behave.

Didn't he have issues with Bury, which is one of the reasons he left. As Rougvie suggests it may be he needs to help himself if he wants to be a star, or could it be he has a laconic style which some suggested Zamora had when he had one of his very few lean patches whilst her?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
f*** sake calm down you lot. He's not going anywhere.

Says the man who wrote off Germany as a force before the WC :p

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Large One said:
f*** sake calm down you lot. He's not going anywhere.

You know that for a FACT ? I'm not so sure.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Could be some truth in this i'm afraid. The son of one of the new coaching start just text me "We do like him" :nono:

Lets hope the price puts them off.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rougvie said:
You know that for a FACT ? I'm not so sure.
No, I'm not certain at all, but...

A very young player with an attitude problem he still needs to shake off with bags of potential hardly, yet hardly setting the Championship alight, nine league goals in his entire career, and mainly famous for being known as the Coca-Cola Kid should have them queueing up as far as The Palace Pier for his services. Oh, and they can cough up half a million pounds for him while they're at it.

Stop and think for a second about this story. The Mirror, that urbane paragon of wit and wisdom, needs to sell its papers and get people talking and writes this nonsense to get gullible people on here talking about him. What's the basis of this story? Wolves may be looking for a young ambitious striker. 'Right, let's see boys, who's young and amibtious... Oh Colin Khaki-Ringlets - or whatever his name is - down at Brighton, they'll sell for a knockdown price cos they're in deep shit. Bish-bash-bosh, there we go, another story for you. It's easy this rumour mill shit, innit?'

Some people on here even scrape the bottom of the barrel long and hard enough to put two and two together by saying 'he didn't start last night' and 'Mirror says Wolves are lining up a bid' equals cheerio Colin.

I am not saying the story isn't true, but there is little to suppose it is true either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here