Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ckr to Wolves???

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Uncle Buck said:
To be honest the Stoke game was such a disgrace that it should not be dropped. It amazes me that people seem to think things will be OK this season, as until changes are made at the top of coaching structure we are going to see the same old dross.

But there were also some impressive performances from the same squad, same coaching structure (Plymouth (h), Leeds (a), Derby (a))
I didn't see the Stoke game and will take peoples' word that it was a disgrace, but there is a difference for fans and Players between the last game of a poor season when we were already relegated and the start of a new season in a division which should not be as tough.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Finchley Seagull said:
I agree that results outweigh performances but I never said that was not true. All I am saying is that it is better to lose 2-1 and play well than lose 5-0 or do you disagree with that?

Agree losing 2-1 is better than 5-0 but it's still a defeat at the end of the day. We were ticking along quite nicely last season picking up some useful draws until McGhee said "we need to start turning these draws into wins". Then we spent the rest of the season trying to turn defeats into draws!

We need to get off to a good start this season to restore the belief amongst the club and the fans as a whole.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Buck said:
To be honest the Stoke game was such a disgrace that it should not be dropped. It amazes me that people seem to think things will be OK this season, as until changes are made at the top of coaching structure we are going to see the same old dross.
The fact that you're complaining even before a football has been kicked speaks volumes about where you and your more pitiful acolytes' droning about McGhee comes from - if you just like complaining/moaning, that's, of course, your prerogative - there's always been people who use football to do just that, to give vent to stuff that builds up elsewhere, say - but don't expect your views to be taken seriously if it's always the same old song.

I think that fans like you have done a fine job in actually strengthening the man and his less-embittered supporters' resolve, which I doubt is the intention.

BTW, I KNOW the football last year was generally shite - my personal view is that if we don't do well in the 1H of this season, he should go and I reckon DK is probably thinking the same.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
The fact that you're complaining even before a football has been kicked speaks volumes about where you and your more pitiful acolytes' droning about McGhee comes from - if you just like complaining/moaning, that's, of course, your prerogative - there's always been people who use football to do just that, to give vent to stuff that builds up elsewhere, say - but don't expect your views to be taken seriously if it's always the same old song.

I think that fans like you have done a fine job in actually strengthening the man and his less-embittered supporters' resolve, which I doubt is the intention.

BTW, I KNOW the football last year was generally shite - my personal view is that if we don't do well in the 1H of this season, he should go and I reckon DK is probably thinking the same.

If people think what has been served up last season and the direction the team is going in presently is the right way then we have some real issues ahead.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Time will tell - but I along with a increasing numbers are worried about the way the team plays with no idea.

maybe that will change with dw in the coaching set up? maybe it wont?

guess we will know in 10 days

There was plenty wrong last season, with mitigating circumstances imo. This year there are no excuses for shit football being served up unless we are near the top and playing in the style of the last two promotion seasons from League 1. Dire but effective.

I expect and hope for middle of the table stuff at least with a bit of style, if not I will jump on the MM out bandwagon but not 10 mins into the 1st game :ohmy:

End of November is my yardstick at the moment, but it could change depending on injuries and results.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
If people think what has been served up last season and the direction the team is going in presently is the right way then we have some real issues ahead.

Maybe some people thought that staying up the season before was a major achievement and that we would probably go down last season after losing two of our best players. Maybe the anti McGhee crowd should have had reduced expectations at the start of last season.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
Maybe some people thought that staying up the season before was a major achievement and that we would probably go down last season after losing two of our best players. Maybe the anti McGhee crowd should have had reduced expectations at the start of last season.

The problems were with the way we fell apart the season we stayed up, it should have been safe in February.

I guess if you have low expectations then you can never get too upset.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
There was plenty wrong last season, with mitigating circumstances imo. This year there are no excuses for shit football being served up unless we are near the top and playing in the style of the last two promotion seasons from League 1. Dire but effective.

I expect and hope for middle of the table stuff at least with a bit of style, if not I will jump on the MM out bandwagon but not 10 mins into the 1st game :ohmy:

End of November is my yardstick at the moment, but it could change depending on injuries and results.

My view is that a win is a win is a win - i dont care how well they play.

at the end of the day if they won promotion next year by serving up turd and went up i wouldnt care.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Finchley Seagull said:

by reduced do you mean 15 points from saftey?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
The vast majority of Brighton fans want him to stay and be our top scorer next season
Oh yeah, they told you this did they? ???

London Irish said:
he should avoid reading fans' messageboards if he's that bothered about what an excitable minority of fans think.
When it doubt, blame NSC. :lolol:

If that really and truly is his genuine reason for wanting to leave then he is in for a MASSIVE shock if he goes, especially if it's to Wolves.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Man of Harveys said:

I don't think your wrong there. I'm prepared to give McGhee time largely because I got fed up of the same people making the same arguments meaning the debate became polarised (although the pro McGhee side could be just as bad). The truth is always in the middle somewhere

I'll give you some examples. If McGhee signed Wayne Rooney he'd play him in goal. Leon Fcuking Knight and his man management skills. Win - its the Players playing in thier right position (some of the comments after Leeds at home spring to mind)- Lose Its McGhee.

No-ones saying that last year wasn't a let down, especially given the way we went down but McGhee has taken us up, Kept us up and I'll give him until at least bonfire night to show we've turned the corner from last year. I can't see how writing us off before the season has started will help anyone especially now the Bloom situation is at least temporarily resolved.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That is a fair point, ever player gets a slagging now and then.... thats part of being a footballer.

I think Kerry Mayo said it best, if u want to take the praise u have to take the abuse.

However i do believe that some players are fodder for some on here, Henderson and CKR have taken a little more than they deserved

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The irony of the whole CKR situation is that what most of us want is to see him banging in 20 goals a season and being a hero that kids want to emulate. In any critisism of him that I have given, I have always been at pains to point out that he is certainly (except Bobby Zamora) the most 'potentially' talented player we have had at the club for 15 years in my opinion.

The fact is that regardless of what people think of you, if you are being paid to entertain and have undoubted natural ability then people are always going to be disapoined when week after week the head goes down and the fans take the blame. In fact CKR takes flak because we know what he is capable of in comparison to some of the other players that many of us regard as making up the numbers, maybe our expectation levels are too high based on the glimmers of brilliance we have seen, maybe he just isnt as good as we think ?

Not sure if its the 'easy money' times that we live in but there seems to be a blight of talented young english players with many clubs who seem to let the slightest bit of cristisism or things not going the way they want them to go badly effect the way that they conduct themselves both off and on the pitch. Not sure if many of them realise that the career is such a short one that they really should grab every Saturday afternoon like it was their last, as if you cannot produce at our level, then the next step down is part time or worse, many more talented than CKR have gone down that road.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Wolves set to seal Bothroyd deal
Wolves are set to complete the signing of Charlton striker Jay Bothroyd once he passes a medical at Molineux.
The 24-year-old will join Mick McCarthy's side on a free transfer after Addicks' boss Iain Dowie decided to let him leave The Valley.

Bothroyd spent just one season with the Premiership side and made 25 appearances, scoring five goals.

He started his career at Arsenal before enjoying spells with Coventry, Italian side Perugia and Blackburn.

So will this end the CKR debate?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Mr Blobby said:
Wolves set to seal Bothroyd deal
Wolves are set to complete the signing of Charlton striker Jay Bothroyd once he passes a medical at Molineux.
The 24-year-old will join Mick McCarthy's side on a free transfer after Addicks' boss Iain Dowie decided to let him leave The Valley.

Bothroyd spent just one season with the Premiership side and made 25 appearances, scoring five goals.

He started his career at Arsenal before enjoying spells with Coventry, Italian side Perugia and Blackburn.

So will this end the CKR debate?

Not really, think it has become more a debate about him as a player than if he is going to Wolves

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
Any chance we could do a 'Buy One for the Future, Get One for the Future Free' deal. Would be one way of getting rid of a few of the less fruitful signings we are still paying.

Sort of a supermarche sweep ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

The vast majority of Brighton fans want him to stay and be our top scorer next season, .

I agree but where is your evidence?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here