Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR to Sheff Utd

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't believe this for a minute but I'd sell my granny for half a mill.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Doesnt seem right to me somehow, no way SU would pay that for someone unproven at champ level, and there has to be some doubt that we'd let him go as all the profits go back to Bury/Agents Fees/Coca Cola

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lets face it,time the season starts we are going to have one hell of a shit team.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
In an ideal world we should hold on to CKR but at the moment our short term future is paramount because it is likely to affect the stadium. We need an experienced striker, not a raw talent. We saw what happens when the majority of your team are raw talents lat season. If we are to get out of League 1 we need a proven goalscorer. I'd much rather have the money + Shipperly at this stage than CKR.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Lets face it,time the season starts we are going to have one hell of a shit team.

With a shit manager...dont look good does it.

Thanks DK :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lets all hope that Revell is the new Peter Ward. If we get a decent fee for CKR + Shipperley then Shipperly could support him up front in the same style as Fred Binney.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Normandy seagull said:
Could be fixtures etc but do I give a fcuk with France winning last night

Albion hitman set to go? EXCLUSIVE
2006-06-28 09:35
Brighton striker Colin Kazim-Richards could be set for a dream move to Sheffield United, writes Richard Cawley.
Clubcall understands the Blades are considering bidding for the pacy 19-year-old.

Kazim-Richards only joined the Seagulls last summer from Bury but grabbed six goals in 25 league starts.
United boss Neil Warnock knows that the young forward is raw but believes he has the potential to be a huge success at Bramall Lane.

Brighton would struggle to hold onto Kazim-Richards if a decent bid came in for his services and would demand at least £500,000.

Sell! Sell! Best bit of business since unloading Dodgy Dan Harding :lolol:

Lokki 7 said:
I seem to remember the sell on clause being 50%. Great. If we get half a mil from Sheff Utd. then 250 goes to Bury and 250 goes in the black hole. Leaves us with Gatting and Robinson up front in a very physical League 1.

I'm 80 per cent sure it's not 50 per cent :) - the figure was in a pre-season article in the Sports Argus last season and I can remember it exciting little comment at the time because it was relatively low, something around 20 per cent I think but I'll see if I can dig it out later tonight.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I get pissed off with selling our ones for the future because the future never comes.Whats the point?They are sold on if they show any promise.I also think he is worth more than 500k

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
algie said:
I get pissed off with selling our ones for the future because the future never comes.Whats the point?They are sold on if they show any promise.I also think he is worth more than 500k

Personally, I get pissed off with our BUYING ones for the future because the future never comes. It's a cynical cop-out by the manager. He's effectively saying, 'OK, the player's SHITE, but - hey! - don't give me a hard time cos two years down the line he won't be shite and then you'll be THANKING me'.

IMHO spending money on 'one for the future' should be a sackable offence. Cos as you say, the future never comes. That's why we have a youth set-up to bring through TRIED & TRUSTED Albion youngsters.

Last edited:

Real toughie, I would settle for any kind of deal involving Shipperley plus cash.

I think he has the talent easily to score 20 goals in League 1 but he has to want to knuckle down, work his arse off and serve his apprenticeship rather than looking for a quick route to the top.

Only the people who see him in training day in day out will know if he has that desire to succeed with us. We fans can but speculate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here