Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christians seem to be really good people

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I can believe that Paul saw Jesus on the way to Damascus, but that just means he did not actually die on the cross.
Lots of people have bad dreams, we tend to have them about stuff that scares us, as a Christian, I guess failing to make the grade when the rapture comes is a biggy.
It's a possible plausible explanation. Either way, they both described it in the same way, and were both quite shaken by it.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Because you have ended up having to pick and choose what you believe in the bible. The fact that vast swathes of it are now either proven wrong or are incredible outdated surely brings into question the rest of it.

Unless the desciples sat and discussed what they had done. "Well chaps we have described everything that Jesus said, we've got the rising from the dead stuff and all the other good shit warning people not to hoard the money, kill people and generally be dicks to each other. The trouble is its a bit short, don't you think?"

"Yeah true, not a good book at the moment, just a book. What should we do?"

"Ah just make some shit up, in years to come they'll call it all killer, no filler but noone has thought of that yet.

*Laughing* "Yeah lets tell em that they shouldn't eat shellfish - I hate that shellfish fisherman, he short changed me last week"

"Great idea, what else come on come on"

"Tell them not to wear mixed fabrics, that will f*** em up"

"Nice, my wife has been pecking my head can we put something in about them being quarrelsome?"
What do you think this is describing?

My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce my hands and my feet.
All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
You come to a thread entitled "Christians seem to be really good people" and seem surprised that Christians are posting here, and refer to them in an abusive way. Well done you.
Not been abusive. You want to believe in a man in the sky, you carry on! Religion and the various different Gods have been the route to most if not all wars!
I suspect the op was being a little mischievous when he started this thread!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
God created us because he wanted to have a relationship with us, but we are not robots. We can choose God or we can reject him, but there are consequences to rejecting him.
The simple truth you are incapabable of understanding is that your God, or any of the other Gods for that matter, did not create us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dogs surround me,

Quarter to five
Last game of the season
Zaha lying on his back
0-1
One point from safety
Relegated

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps I'll delete that. Each to his own.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Dogs surround me,

Night out in West Street in the 80s

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Quarter to five
Last game of the season
Zaha lying on his back
0-1
One point from safety
Relegated
You're being facetious. It's a shame though, because I would have genuinely liked to see what you think it's about.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Dogs surround me,

Are we doing a poetry reading.

What about this?

So it's all come back round to breaking apart again
Breaking apart like I'm made up of glass again
Making it up behind my back again
Making it afraid for the fear of sleep again
Pushed in deep to bare bone again
Take him outside like he's all on his own again
Round and round and round, it's coming apart again
Over and over and over

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You're being facetious. It's a shame though, because I would have genuinely liked to see what you think it's about.

Yes, I was too, the thing is though you are posting a lot of word salads and things to make all us heathens think and see the error of our ways.

I am happy to engage and discuss this with you. But please share your thoughts not the thoughts of John, Luke, Paul and Ringo and the rest of the bible.

You asked a question about knowing that the bible is fiction,

I answered it (okay I added a bit of a joke at the end to highlight the absurdity of the whole notion)

You posted a poem with no further information about how you interpreted it and what it means in relation to the point we were discussing.

Tell us what you think, then we can talk.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crucifixion of Jesus?

It is a description of something real or imagined.

Have a listen to this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I was too, the thing is though you are posting a lot of word salads and things to make all us heathens think and see the error of our ways.

I am happy to engage and discuss this with you. But please share your thoughts not the thoughts of John, Luke, Paul and Ringo and the rest of the bible.

You asked a question about knowing that the bible is fiction,

I answered it (okay I added a bit of a joke at the end to highlight the absurdity of the whole notion)

You posted a poem with no further information about how you interpreted it and what it means in relation to the point we were discussing.

Tell us what you think, then we can talk.
Indeed.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Crucifixion of Jesus?

It is a description of something real or imagined.

Have a listen to this.

Yes, I'd say it does describe the crucifixion of Jesus. It's Psalm 22, a prophecy written by King David hundreds of years before Jesus even lived, even before crucifixion was invented.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, I'd say it does describe the crucifixion of Jesus. It's Psalm 22, a prophecy written by King David hundreds of years before Jesus even lived, even before crucifixion was invented.

So your proof that the crucifixion and resurrection actually happened is a poem written years before the event (before crucifixion was thought of) that doesn't really describe the crucifixion or the resurrection?

I remain unconvinced :lol:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
20230613_030626.jpg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I believe Jesus existed and was crucified, if he rose after his body was removed from the cross, then I would say he didn't die on it. and if you are going to give it the biggun and claim to die on the cross for our sins, don't just resurrect yourself and wander off with a "I'll be back" and then never be heard from again, actually die, or my sins are still needing some sort of sacrifice, and you have badly let me down.
I wish Arnie had done that after T2.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a Muslim woman who became a Christian. I just wanted to show an example of a person who this had happened to to show I'm not making it up.
I know it's in Turkish, so you're probably right, not the best idea to post it here on reflection. Oh well.
There are Christians on this forum but know your audience. It’s never going to go well with the majority.
The OP is known for starting threads by lighting a blue touch paper.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Hello guys.

Just wandering into this one

This guy is a teacher in Canada and shares this song about the people he has met

Please have a listen

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I wonder how many people brought up in Christian countries who are devoutly Christian accept they would probably be devoutly Muslim if they were raised a Muslim in an Islamic country, or a Hindu in a Hindu country, or whatever, and whether that makes them ask themselves any questions about what they believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here