Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christians seem to be really good people

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How do you know it's not accurately described by any religion? How do you know that Jesus isn't describing it accurately when he warns us to prepare for what comes next?
Because you have ended up having to pick and choose what you believe in the bible. The fact that vast swathes of it are now either proven wrong or are incredible outdated surely brings into question the rest of it.

Unless the desciples sat and discussed what they had done. "Well chaps we have described everything that Jesus said, we've got the rising from the dead stuff and all the other good shit warning people not to hoard the money, kill people and generally be dicks to each other. The trouble is its a bit short, don't you think?"

"Yeah true, not a good book at the moment, just a book. What should we do?"

"Ah just make some shit up, in years to come they'll call it all killer, no filler but noone has thought of that yet.

*Laughing* "Yeah lets tell em that they shouldn't eat shellfish - I hate that shellfish fisherman, he short changed me last week"

"Great idea, what else come on come on"

"Tell them not to wear mixed fabrics, that will f*** em up"

"Nice, my wife has been pecking my head can we put something in about them being quarrelsome?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Believing in Adam and Eve is not a requirement of salvation, but believing in the resurrection is.
If you think about it, why would the disciples go from hiding trembling with fear behind locked doors to going around proclaiming the resurrection if it didn't happen, knowing that they risked getting crucified too for doing so? And they did this in Jerusalem, the very city where the crucifixion happened. If it didn't happen, their opponents could have just said, "Look, there's his dead body." But they couldn't do that because his body had gone. Muhammad's body is still in Medina, but Jesus's body has gone.
Resurrection is appealing. No evidence of it, sadly.

Still.....Johnson may alas become PM again. That deffo counts.
What have you got against nuns?
I have several pals who went to Catholic junior school and were brutalized by the cane-wielding rat-faced boy-haters.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I believe Jesus existed and was crucified, if he rose after his body was removed from the cross, then I would say he didn't die on it. and if you are going to give it the biggun and claim to die on the cross for our sins, don't just resurrect yourself and wander off with a "I'll be back" and then never be heard from again, actually die, or my sins are still needing some sort of sacrifice, and you have badly let me down.
When they got to the tomb and he wasn't there, the only explanation is that he has risen again and mysteriously buggered off saying see you later.

Not that someone took his body for some reason.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you read the story you will know that there is also a tree of life.
1686613751296.png

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When they got to the tomb and he wasn't there, the only explanation is that he has risen again o mysteriously bugger off saying see you later.

Not that someone took his body for some reason.
Supposedly people saw him walking about, but maybe was some other blue eyed white bloke with a beard and wearing sandals in Jerusalem, you know how they all look the same

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I believe Jesus existed and was crucified, if he rose after his body was removed from the cross, then I would say he didn't die on it. and if you are going to give it the biggun and claim to die on the cross for our sins, don't just resurrect yourself and wander off with a "I'll be back" and then never be heard from again, actually die, or my sins are still needing some sort of sacrifice, and you have badly let me down.
I've never seen him, but there are those who have. The Apostle Paul for one.
He went from being a prime persecutor of the early church to one of the main spreaders of the gospel based on seeing Jesus on the way to Damascus.
A lot of Muslims are converting to Christianity based on seeing Jesus in their dreams.

I personally know two people who have had dreams of the rapture (they don't know each other), and they both said it was terrifying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Believing in Adam and Eve is not a requirement of salvation, but believing in the resurrection is.

It is not.

If you think about it, why would the disciples go from hiding trembling with fear behind locked doors to going around proclaiming the resurrection if it didn't happen, knowing that they risked getting crucified too for doing so?

How much danger were they in, from proclaiming a resurrection - how many of them were killed because of it?
If they did die for it, then perhaps they believed it was true. But that doesn't mean it was. They believed a whole lot of things that weren't true.

And they did this in Jerusalem, the very city where the crucifixion happened. If it didn't happen, their opponents could have just said, "Look, there's his dead body." But they couldn't do that because his body had gone. Muhammad's body is still in Medina, but Jesus's body has gone.

So your argument for proof of god is that accounts written hundreds of years after Jesus died, say that his body had gone?

Maybe his body hadn't gone - or if had, maybe someone had removed it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and if you are going to give it the biggun and claim to die on the cross for our sins, don't just resurrect yourself and wander off with a "I'll be back" and then never be heard from again, actually die, or my sins are still needing some sort of sacrifice, and you have badly let me down.

Exactly. 'He died for our sins!' they cry - well hold on a minute, if he was the son of the almighty God, and able to rise again should he wish, then it wasn't much of a sacrifice was it :rolleyes:

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
It is not.
Yes it is.

How much danger were they in, from proclaiming a resurrection - how many of them were killed because of it?
If they did die for it, then perhaps they believed it was true. But that doesn't mean it was. They believed a whole lot of things that weren't true.
St Peter was crucified upside down. St Andrew also, possibly on an X shaped cross like the Scottish flag.
St Thomas took the gospel to India and died there as a martyr. St Paul was probably martyred in Rome. It is said that the Christianity was built upon the blood of the martyrs. There were many other martyrs who were not among the apostles but had very close links to them such as Stephen and Polycarp. They would have known whether the resurrection was true or not. They are the ones who preached the gospel in the beginning.

So your argument for proof of god is that accounts written hundreds of years after Jesus died, say that his body had gone?
All the gospels were completed by about the year 90AD

Maybe his body hadn't gone - or if had, maybe someone had removed it.
It had gone, because it wasn't there. Those opposing the gospel were unable to point to his body to disprove the resurrection. Why did Peter, Andrew, St Thomas, Paul etc all willingly die for the gospel if they knew it weren't true?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He went from being a prime persecutor of the early church to one of the main spreaders of the gospel based on seeing Jesus on the way to Damascus.
A lot of Muslims are converting to Christianity based on seeing Jesus in their dreams.

I personally know two people who have had dreams of the rapture (they don't know each other), and they both said it was terrifying.

So in an attempt to prove a point, you post a half hour YT video in a foreign language which nobody can understand. GENIUS !

This is classic religion, in a nutshell. "Just believe in the skycloud fairy, because........err....BECAUSE!!"

'kinell. :facepalm:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I can believe that Paul saw Jesus on the way to Damascus, but that just means he did not actually die on the cross.
Lots of people have bad dreams, we tend to have them about stuff that scares us, as a Christian, I guess failing to make the grade when the rapture comes is a biggy.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
So in an attempt to prove a point, you post a half hour YT video in a foreign language which nobody can understand. GENIUS !

This is classic religion, in a nutshell. "Just believe in the skycloud fairy, because........err....BECAUSE!!"

'kinell. :facepalm:
It's a Muslim woman who became a Christian. I just wanted to show an example of a person who this had happened to to show I'm not making it up.
I know it's in Turkish, so you're probably right, not the best idea to post it here on reflection. Oh well.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I see the God botherers are out in force on this thread! 🤦🏼‍♂️

You come to a thread entitled "Christians seem to be really good people" and seem surprised that Christians are posting here, and refer to them in an abusive way. Well done you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here