Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christians seem to be really good people

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's good that you've had good experiences with Christians. All a Christian is is a sinner who has repented and chosen to follow Jesus, and if they're sincere and genuine then they should aspire to conform to "the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake."
The blood of Jesus is what gets you to heaven, but a transformed life is evidence that you are truly saved.
If your life isn't transformed through your faith in Jesus, you need to make sure you are truly on the narrow path that leads to life.
Jesus said there is a path that leads to life, and a path that leads to destruction. According to Jesus, most people are on the path to destruction, and very few are on the path to life. He said that not everyone who says to him "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven: ‘Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God – 2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life[a] was a descendant of David, 4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power[b] by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord. 5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from[c] faith for his name’s sake. 6 And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.

7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Oh please do one, it’s all made up Bollox, the romans twisted and distorted the ramblings of a traveler who had been to Egypt and basically nicked an even older religion, twisted it to suit his ends and the twisting and distortion continues to this day.
At best it’s a guideline in how we should behave, good will to one another etc…
but that is not religion, that is common sense.

In the name of Christianity millions of lives have been abused & murdered, bigotry, racism and the de humanisation of women has flourished for centuries.
Let me guess, now their sorry and changing because….

people realise, you don’t need a church or any religion to be kind, thoughtful, compassionate and understanding to one another. All religions can do one, it’s too late….

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
It was a joke
I know :lolol:
My reply was a joke too (which is why I posted the video with it).
but you do seem to have a penchant for proselytizing, about both JC and camera work.
Do you think I'm too proselytizy?
Thing is, if you try never to offend anyone in any way you end up having to never say anything or give your opinion about anything. There always seems to be someone who won't like what you have to say.

I'm certainly not sold on the former but the latter is an interesting proposition.

It's nice to hear that at least one person considers it an interesting propostion.
About JC, obviously I think he's great. If Christians put you off, you're in good company cause Gandhi found them off-putting too.
Just start reading the gospels (Matthew Mark Luke John) and judge him on his own words and actions.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I can't see how people still believe in a 'higher power', but hey, if it gets you through life then go for it...
There are many reasons why.
Usually, or should I say always, where there's an experienced need, there's a solution to meet the need.
People get tired. Luckily there's a thing called sleep. It's not the case that people say, "I feel this weird feeling, kind of like I'm lacking energy.. my eyes feel heavy... what on earth am I to do about it?"

People get hungry. Well, there's a thing called food.
People get thirsty. There's water.
People get horny. There's sex.

People feel the desire for meaning, some people feel the need to know there's a God who cares about them, the desire for a personal God. God has put this need in us to draw us to him. This need finds its satisfaction in Jesus. He is the one who meets this need.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
They are bloody everywhere here, most behave like selfish twats all week, believing that attending church on Sunday absolves them and they can rack up the twatishness again the following week.
Reapeated every week.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know :lolol:
My reply was a joke too (which is why I posted the video with it).

Do you think I'm too proselytizy?
Thing is, if you try never to offend anyone in any way you end up having to never say anything or give your opinion about anything. There always seems to be someone who won't like what you have to say.

It's nice to hear that at least one person considers it an interesting propostion.
About JC, obviously I think he's great. If Christians put you off, you're in good company cause Gandhi found them off-putting too.
Just start reading the gospels (Matthew Mark Luke John) and judge him on his own words and actions.
I've read the gospels and am staggered by how they are interpreted by the major Christian religions and some of the greedy selfish fucks who claim to follow them.

Rich people can't get I to heaven (told through a metaphor about camels and needles but pretty clear on the whole, hoarding money thing.

Don't kill people, this couldn't be f***ing clearer.

Yet . . .

Jesus was a liberal hippy who hung out with poor people and minorities. Yet he is followed by right wing bigots (not entirely of course) who have killed people in his name and who worship money nearly as much as pretend to worship him.

The fact that Jacob Reece Mogg thinks he is a Christian is absolutely incredible to me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Makes me wonder whether the demise of Christianity is a bad thing - and that atheism has resulted in selfishness and narcissism, where nothing matters but oneself.

Most people in the world are religious, so its difficult to blame selfishness and narcissism on atheists.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I knew this one would all kick off.

"People get hungry. Well, there's a thing called food."
I mean bloody hell, where do you go with that ? Bob Geldof eh, what a bloody idjit. I can't believe he didn't work that line into the lyrics.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are many reasons why.
Usually, or should I say always, where there's an experienced need, there's a solution to meet the need.
People get tired. Luckily there's a thing called sleep. It's not the case that people say, "I feel this weird feeling, kind of like I'm lacking energy.. my eyes feel heavy... what on earth am I to do about it?"

People get hungry. Well, there's a thing called food.
People get thirsty. There's water.
People get horny. There's sex.

People feel the desire for meaning, some people feel the need to know there's a God who cares about them, the desire for a personal God. God has put this need in us to draw us to him. This need finds its satisfaction in Jesus. He is the one who meets this need.

Some people need to believe in god, so go implanted a need for them to believe in him, in them.

Why didn't god put a need to believe in him in everyone? Seems a bit shortsighted to me (and we know he is omnipotent). Seems to me that God could have been a bit freer with his need giving. Could have been a little clearer with his messaging too. If he has implanted this need to believe in him then why are his believers so splinters and fractured

And while I am at it . . .why when he implanted this need did he make so that people would be so disparaging to others who believe in a different way?

He could have left out all the 'we are right, they are wrong' nonsense and saved the human race a whole lot of arguing (and killing, which his children are not allowed to do - it's a clear rule). Would we be better off without the 'need' to believe in him?

Lastly, what sort of narcissist creates life and then insists on adding a 'need' for that live to believe in him and worship him once a week. Seems weird to me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why didn't god put a need to believe in him in everyone? Seems a bit shortsighted to me (and we know he is omnipotent). Seems to me that God could have been a bit freer with his need giving. Could have been a little clearer with his messaging too. If he has implanted this need to believe in him then why are his believers so splinters and fractured

And while I am at it . . .why when he implanted this need did he make so that people would be so disparaging to others who believe in a different way?

He could have left out all the 'we are right, they are wrong' nonsense and saved the human race a whole lot of arguing (and killing, which his children are not allowed to do - it's a clear rule). Would we be better off without the 'need' to believe in him?

Lastly, what sort of narcissist creates life and then insists on adding a 'need' for that live to believe in him and worship him once a week. Seems weird to me.

To be fair to him, he invented class a drugs, and it would have been remiss of him not to test them

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Some people need to believe in god, so go implanted a need for them to believe in him, in them.

He's given us free will.
God created us because he wanted to have a relationship with us, but we are not robots. We can choose God or we can reject him, but there are consequences to rejecting him.

Humanity's choices have led us to the knowledge of good and evil, and death.
That's what the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil represents. We are experiencing the consequences of this in our world. Pain, death, suffering. Even the environment is effected, and it says in Revelation that God will judge those who destroy the earth.

If you read the story you will know that there is also a tree of life.
The tree of life represents Jesus.

The message has been obfuscated, and the obfuscater is mentioned in the story, too, and his fate (skull-crushing). Interestingly, the place where Jesus was crucified was called Golgotha, or the place of the skull.

The Gospel is spelled out, even in the first book of the Bible. Jesus was crucified during the Jewish Passover (the death of the firstborn). He lay dead in the tomb on the Jewish sabbath (the day of rest). He rose on the first day of the Jewish week. None of these things are coincidences.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Whilst there is no actual evidence for the existence of Jesus, early writings portray a nice lefty that believed in sharing, equality and frowned on wealth and power. By the time the Bible was created nearly 300 years after his possible death, Christianity had become the official religion of a powerful autocratic, feudal and misogynistic empire. Having travelled widely and also been married into a Muslim family, with Jewish maternal, Catholic paternal families, a Hindu brother in law and a Buddhist aunty, I have found people's religion, faith or otherwise has very little reflection on their moral principles and outlook on life. Most people are caring and compassionate and most religious and political leaders are first class c**ts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He's given us free will.
God created us because he wanted to have a relationship with us, but we are not robots. We can choose God or we can reject him, but there are consequences to rejecting him.

Read this bit again . . . slowly. I was bought up to believe that god was love. The fact that there are consquences for our 'free will' as you put it (Surely the inclusion of consequences stops it being free will in the first place). Doesn't suggest love it suggests an abusive relationship

Humanity's choices have led us to the knowledge of good and evil, and death.
That's what the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil represents. We are experiencing the consequences of this in our world. Pain, death, suffering. Even the environment is effected, and it says in Revelation that God will judge those who destroy the earth.

If you read the story you will know that there is also a tree of life.
The tree of life represents Jesus.

The message has been obfuscated, and the obfuscater is mentioned in the story, too, and his fate (skull-crushing). Interestingly, the place where Jesus was crucified was called Golgotha, or the place of the skull.

The Gospel is spelled out, even in the first book of the Bible. Jesus was crucified during the Jewish Passover (the death of the firstborn). He lay dead in the tomb on the Jewish sabbath (the day of rest). He rose on the first day of the Jewish week. None of these things are coincidences.

I apologise but could you please translate this word salad, I don't get the point you are trying to make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here