Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yes wouldn't we all like to see that?

Who knows if Chris Wood is the answer? He might be what we need right now, and it will cost us around £1.5 - £2m. We could have signed him for a third of that two years ago?! But no - he was shit at the time wasn't he? You ignorant c***s!!

just to kill for once and for all (in reality no chance) the commonly held misbelief that we could have had Wood on a permanent deal 2 seasons ago, West Brom refused to sell at the time so there was never a deal to be done.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
From the pre-match conference on the Official Site:

“It’s almost the transfer window so now is my time. I will use it as much as I can. We have a target which is a main number nine target man, which we have been looking for everywhere.

“If we put a team on the back foot at the Amex and we put balls into the box we need someone to win the ball in the air and that will be with a proper number nine-style striker.”

It's Diego Forlan.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
just to kill for once and for all (in reality no chance) the commonly held misbelief that we could have had Wood on a permanent deal 2 seasons ago, West Brom refused to sell at the time so there was never a deal to be done.

Which confirms what I said in post 44, from Poyet's own mouth at the fans forum.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I'm reading that in an ironic tone, not as the others are :lol:

I read EVERYTHING with an ironic tone...that's why I'm always smiling.

either that, or I have no idea what's going on :smile:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

If you remember Wood did not want to sign for us back then and probably has no interest even now, the lad wants to play premier league football and will sign with a club that looks like having the same ambition

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If you remember Wood did not want to sign for us back then and probably has no interest even now, the lad wants to play premier league football and will sign with a club that looks like having the same ambition

Absolute rubbish as usual from mutts nuts

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Absolute rubbish as usual from mutts nuts

Rubbish? Gus made it obvious he was interested in signing Wood when he played for us,Wood made it equaly obvious he was not interested, he wanted premier league football and was hoping to achieve that ambition by making the west brom 1st team and who could blame him

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rubbish? Gus made it obvious he was interesred in signing Wood when he played for us,Wood made it equaly obvious he was not interested, he wanted premier league football

Absolute bollocks. You, kevtherev and 'the truth' should all hang out together, of you are not the same person.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He's not what we want anyway..... nor anywhere near where we should be aiming.... he is low rent.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
No offer was made Wood was not interested in playing for lowly brighton, his thoughts not mine

You just get more and more priceless :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here