Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I was a bit 'meh' about the whole thing, but have found myself wanting us to sign him for the sole reason that it would piss off Bigbelly.

It doesn't take much to piss him off. Another day, another chance for him to get pissed off :moo:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't think Chris Wood is a Gus type of player so I can't see a move to us happening. He is also a striker, which in itself probably rules him out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could have had him for £500.000 a year ago:tantrum::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:as a parrot

No we couldn't. Gus was questioned about Wood at the Fans Forum, and said that he wasn't given the opportunity to get Wood. West Brom weren't selling and a loan spell had already been agreed with Birmingham.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
He's a great striker but on similar form to CMS, scores the old belter and is quiet in other games.

Has only scored once more than craig too... younger i know and can only get better, but i'd love to see us get a proven prolific striker smashing 30 goals in his sleep. :drool:

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
He's a great striker but on similar form to CMS, scores the old belter and is quiet in other games.

Has only scored once more than craig too... younger i know and can only get better, but i'd love to see us get a proven prolific striker smashing 30 goals in his sleep. :drool:

Yes wouldn't we all like to see that?

Who knows if Chris Wood is the answer? He might be what we need right now, and it will cost us around £1.5 - £2m. We could have signed him for a third of that two years ago?! But no - he was shit at the time wasn't he? You ignorant c***s!!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Yes wouldn't we all like to see that?

Who knows if Chris Wood is the answer? He might be what we need right now, and it will cost us around £1.5 - £2m. We could have signed him for a third of that two years ago?! But no - he was shit at the time wasn't he? You ignorant c***s!!

He's not that great now is he really.

scooter1

How soon is now?
CMS to Norwich was all but done in August and I think this is why we got Dobbie in at the last minute. CMS to Norwich in Jan is still bubbling away, and it may be that if he goes we'll use the money to replace him. But i have a feeling we already have(Dobbie), its just that CMS is still here

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He could be one of those one season wonders .
He has done well for about 20 games for Millwall but who wanted him at the Albion 3 months ago.
He is the flavour of the moment but who says it is going to continue

I think you are right. Millwall have had Morrison, Henderson and now Wood over the last three seasons. Morrison doesn't seem to have gone on as expected, Henderson is warming the bench and perhaps Wood will be next? Maybe Milwalls 'style' suits this type of player - doesn't mean it will transfer here. That said, he impressed me in the match at the Amex with his touch and awareness.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
he didn't want to come here anyway, you could tell by the way he celebrated his second goal against us, and I think we need to be aiming our sights better than Woods if we want to go up.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
[tweet]284238007131860993[/tweet]

Some interesting remarks from GP re: Wood, which did not suggest Leicester is a done deal. Vicente starts training with reserves Sat. #bhafc

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
From the pre-match conference on the Official Site:

“It’s almost the transfer window so now is my time. I will use it as much as I can. We have a target which is a main number nine target man, which we have been looking for everywhere.

“If we put a team on the back foot at the Amex and we put balls into the box we need someone to win the ball in the air and that will be with a proper number nine-style striker.”

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Firstly we need to generate the cash to be able to put bids in which means 1 of 3 to maybe 3 of 3 of our best players will be sacrificed to generate the money required if Gus is going for a major mid-season overhaul. The pot is pretty empty without players leaving i'm afraid

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not us necessarily, but I would be pretty suprised if no Championship teams have a sniff as David Mcgoldrick. Still a forest player but on loan at Coventry. 16 goals this season and scores with his head as well as screamers. He even scored a lovely chip yesterday. Amazingly still only 25.

Obviously not the 'name' people are wanting, but I would definitely expect SOMEONE to at least ask Forest about him.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Prepare to be suprised and amazed ;-)

Won't be surprised at all if we go in for Wood,said the other day I had a feeling after Gus' comments about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here