Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton: 'It’s a good feeling to be the manager of a big club'

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
unfortunately, hughts is in the entertainment industry

Very true mate, but you must admit if the Notts Forest fans had bothered to look at his pedigree they might want to hold their horses for a season or two, pillocks.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Given where he picked Forest up from - this season is about staying in the league and finishing high as possible. Hopefully Hughton is backed in the summer with a plan to replace the ageing, big earners (not Murray, lolz) and revitalise the squad. Hope he gets time though

Where exactly has he picked Forest up from then? yes ok they are faring a little bit better since Chris took over, but not massively so, and aren't completely safe from relegation yet.

As you say though, the time element is the key, and Forest's owner hasn;t got a very good record in giving his managers very much time to bring success. Privately l'm wondering if this might just be one job too many for Mr.Hughton. I hope l'm wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very true mate, but you must admit if the Notts Forest fans had bothered to look at his pedigree they might want to hold their horses for a season or two, pillocks.

:eek:

Wash your mouth out, son!

:laugh:

:wink:

Reading other comments, all he had to do was keep them up this season, then see what's what in the summer, like he did with us, Shirley? Like us, with a calm and measured owner in charge, and .....

Oh, hang on....

:facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that TB took a very hard decision to appoint GP and let CH go, and got it right without the benefit of hindsight which every idiot on NSC always takes maximum advantage of.

However, anyone who thinks that CH is not very good in every aspect of football management is a complete moron. Carry on :thumbsup:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Come on The Bees, want to get this ground ticked off next season.

I take it you mean the new one ? Not GP ?
Bee s are play off bound they’re More Brighton than Brighton at messing it up when in the drivers seat
I think it it s 9 playoffs now semis or finals and lose out

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I believe that TB took a very hard decision to appoint GP and let CH go, and got it right without the benefit of hindsight which every idiot on NSC always takes maximum advantage of.

However, anyone who thinks that CH is not very good in every aspect of football management is a complete moron. Carry on :thumbsup:

Despite how his tenure ended I believe he is extremely well thought of by the vast majority of our fan base
How many of his predecessor s are held in the same same level of esteem ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Doesn't seem that his team were negative in this game.

Nor were we in the championship in his full seasons in charge - quite the opposite really!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I fear for CH, 1-2 down to Blackburn with a couple of minutes to go and rooted in the bottom 3 already with no points :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here