Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cho Seung-hui

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
anyone else thinks he sounds like napoleon dynamite?

apparently declared mentally ill in december 2003 but 'slipped the net'. his ramblings don't make any sense and neither do his actions. what a waste of life.
:nono:

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Still doesn't condone what he done. It makes you think that some idiot who owns a gun over here will go mental one day. It could happen anywhere :eek: :eek: :eek:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Spunk Bubble said:
Still doesn't condone what he done. It makes you think that some idiot who owns a gun over here will go mental one day. It could happen anywhere :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, maybe somewhere unexpected like Hungerford or Dunblane.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
He was a very poorly individual, and I think he'll be used as a case study for psychologists / psychotherapists / social workers etc etc for years to come, so they can learn what 'signs' to look out for.

The trouble, however, is that many of his feelings are extremely common in society: isolation, loneliness, the feeling of being bullied, misogeny, jealousy etc etc etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ridiculous that The Question Mark Kid was allowed to walk half a mile to post his bits of crap then calmly return to his killing spree a couple of hours later, presumably after having had a leisurely breakfast and a last check of his emails.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Every country has its weirdos and nutjobs. Unfortunately in America they give them free access to automatic firearms. Until they resolve the latter this is destined to happen again and again and again and...........

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Personally, I'm sick to death of the American bleeding heart attitude every time we get one of these mass killings.

How was it allowed to happen they keep asking?

Well if you give almost anyone in the country access to firearms then you deserve everything you get. Like anything in life, if you flirt with danger then from time to time you will get bitten.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Wienergull said:
Unbelievable that the place was allowed to go about its business as normal after the first two had been killed.

To be fair, the uni campuses over here are huge, and at the time the police thought they were dealing with a domestic dispute. If there was a shooting in a house in Brighton, and there was evidence of a personal motive, you wouldn't expect them to lock down an area of 3-4 square miles and evacuate 20000 people.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Buffalo Seagull said:
To be fair, the uni campuses over here are huge, and at the time the police thought they were dealing with a domestic dispute. If there was a shooting in a house in Brighton, and there was evidence of a personal motive, you wouldn't expect them to lock down an area of 3-4 square miles and evacuate 20000 people.

Fair point. I just wonder though what the reaction in the UK would have been if two people had been murdered on campus. You would have expected classes to be suspended for the day as a mark of respect if nothing else. I guess it's a question of the difference in scale, as you suggest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There was a kid on 4 news last night who for me summed up Americans and guns.

He was asked what could have been done to avoid this.

His reply was something along the lines of.

Some people have suggested that guns are kept in class rooms and students should be allowed to carry.

sake.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Kinky Gerbils said:

Some people have suggested that guns are kept in class rooms and students should be allowed to carry.

sake.

:nono:

Oct 25, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:

sake.

stupid american SPACKER

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Uncle C said:
Personally, I'm sick to death of the American bleeding heart attitude every time we get one of these mass killings.

How was it allowed to happen they keep asking?

Well if you give almost anyone in the country access to firearms then you deserve everything you get. Like anything in life, if you flirt with danger then from time to time you will get bitten.

Not strictly true, in Switzerland where every Male is part of the Militia, practically every home has an automatic weapon in it, and gun laws in general are extremely liberal, the fact that gun crime is so low that no statistics exist tells you something interesting about the cultural differences between the Swiss and US.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here