Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cho Seung-hui

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Kinky Gerbils said:
The old saying is true.

Guns dont kill people, People do.

But guns make it a hell of a lot easier and far more impersonal to kill someone than say a knife or your bare hands dont you think?

Guns suit your average psychopath/sociopath down to the ground.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But why more in America than anywhere else?

Is the quality of life lower for the middle /lower income familys?

Having been on the trains in the states that almost drove me to murder

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The Americans stand firmly by their right to bear arms. They must then accept that every now and then some mentally ill person will wreak havoc and mass distruction because of this freedom.

What concerns me is that the Americans argue their forefathers gave them this right, but its modern day interpretation isn't I believe what they had in mind:

Thomas Jefferson proposed that "no free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms," and Samuel Adams called for an amendment banning any law "to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Interpret that how you see fit, but read it as it was written in 1791, and ask yourself what weapons were available.

Oct 25, 2003
you're right tedebear

the gun laws were clearly meant so that american men can defend themselves, or kill a bear or something

you don't need an automatic machine to do this

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
tedebear said:
The Americans stand firmly by their right to bear arms. They must then accept that every now and then some mentally ill person will wreak havoc and mass distruction because of this freedom.

What concerns me is that the Americans argue their forefathers gave them this right, but its modern day interpretation isn't I believe what they had in mind:

Thomas Jefferson proposed that "no free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms," and Samuel Adams called for an amendment banning any law "to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Interpret that how you see fit, but read it as it was written in 1791, and ask yourself what weapons were available.

Untill they get out of the idea that by having a gun they are safe these things will happen.

If they outlawed guns there would be half the amount of deaths, but I fear even if they did there are too many guns in America now it really wouldnt make much difference.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Kinky Gerbils said:
Untill they get out of the idea that by having a gun they are safe these things will happen.

If they outlawed guns there would be half the amount of deaths, but I fear even if they did there are too many guns in America now it really wouldnt make much difference.

Yeah - just imagine if they said no one is allowed guns anymore - people would just hide them and deny they've got one...they've come too far to be able to go back now....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
eastlondonseagull said:
I blame all the people who bullied him.

Me too, the same people who are saying "I cant believe he did this" more than likely bullied him non stop.

One girl on 4 last night was loving the fact she was getting interviewed by tele and was trying (and failing) not to smile.

Its odd how "stacks" and his gf got it first and he went on a rant about rich people in the video, I think its a case of his face didnt fit in with the frat boys so they bullied him.

Kinky Gerbils said:

And that, I think, is the fundamental problem. The response of the pro-gun lobby has been 'they should have all had weapons' as if this would somehow reduce the incidences of shootings at universities?!

Unfortunately guns will not be banned there in the foreseeable future due to the power of the NRA and other lobbyists... and as stated above even if they were it's too late now; all the lobbyists would simply hide their guns away anyway.

eastlondonseagull said:
I blame all the people who bullied him.

Really? While of course they shouldn't of bullied him, you really believe that the fact that they did means it's their fault that he was mentally ill and went on a killing spree? A lot of people get bullied, and hardly any resort to going on a killing spree with an automatic weapon.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sten_super said:
And that, I think, is the fundamental problem. The response of the pro-gun lobby has been 'they should have all had weapons' as if this would somehow reduce the incidences of shootings at universities?!

Unfortunately guns will not be banned there in the foreseeable future due to the power of the NRA and other lobbyists... and as stated above even if they were it's too late now; all the lobbyists would simply hide their guns away anyway.

Really? While of course they shouldn't of bullied him, you really believe that the fact that they did means it's their fault that he was mentally ill and went on a killing spree? A lot of people get bullied, and hardly any resort to going on a killing spree with an automatic weapon.

A lot of people do get bullied yes and many dont go on killing spree's but end up hanging themselves which is just as bad if not worse.

Out of all the people that are bullied its only a small amount that snaps

Kinky Gerbils said:
A lot of people do get bullied yes and many dont go on killing spree's but end up hanging themselves which is just as bad if not worse.

Out of all the people that are bullied its only a small amount that snaps

With all due respect (and given that I don't know your personal circumstances) I can't accept that one person committing suicide is 'as bad if not worse' than one person running into a university building killing 32 innocent people and then committing suicide.

I don't wish in any way to condone bullying but the man was mentally unstable... the bullying may have pushed him over the edge but it was his mental illness which made him believe that there was some sense to carrying out that horrific path.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sten_super said:
With all due respect (and given that I don't know your personal circumstances) I can't accept that one person committing suicide is 'as bad if not worse' than one person running into a university building killing 32 innocent people and then committing suicide.

I don't wish in any way to condone bullying but the man was mentally unstable... the bullying may have pushed him over the edge but it was his mental illness which made him believe that there was some sense to carrying out that horrific path.

Maybe, I just get the feeling if someone is bullied so much they have to end it thats worse, esp if the other way is to get revenge on those who did the bullying - altho not to the level we saw the other day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bullied or not if his country bore no right to bear arms this probably would not have happened.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Not sure I agree with putting it down to him being "mentally unstable" - I thought he had been sent to a psychologist but then again that probably counts for most people in the US and doesn't make him a psycho. He was probably just being treated for depression caused by the bullying.
If a person devalues his own self worth so much, then of course its easy for some to kill other people as he views human life as worthless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here