Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cho Seung-hui

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
eastlondonseagull said:
I blame all the people who bullied him.

But loads of people get bullied in their lifetime (isnt it 1 in 5 or something?) and not all of them go on a shooting spree

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
sten_super said:

Really? While of course they shouldn't of bullied him, you really believe that the fact that they did means it's their fault that he was mentally ill and went on a killing spree? A lot of people get bullied, and hardly any resort to going on a killing spree with an automatic weapon.

They pushed him in that direction and I hope they're feeling mighty guilty. People react differently, bullying destroys people in many different ways. His case is extraordinary, but they have to shoulder some of the responsibility in my opinion.

Buffalo Seagull said:
To be fair, the uni campuses over here are huge, and at the time the police thought they were dealing with a domestic dispute. If there was a shooting in a house in Brighton, and there was evidence of a personal motive, you wouldn't expect them to lock down an area of 3-4 square miles and evacuate 20000 people.

However, security cordones could have been implemented easily.

To me the differnce between the UK and US is that we also have fruit loops, they pick up a knife and one every year one will stab 3 or 4 people.

In the uS they do the same but shoot 5 to 30 people.

LC

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
London Calling said:
However, security cordones could have been implemented easily.

To me the differnce between the UK and US is that we also have fruit loops, they pick up a knife and one every year one will stab 3 or 4 people.

In the uS they do the same but shoot 5 to 30 people.

LC

I would say a great deal of violence in the UK is alcohol driven... whereby in the US they seem to just 'snap' and go nuts.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
But loads of people get bullied in their lifetime (isnt it 1 in 5 or something?) and not all of them go on a shooting spree

People flip in different ways. I felt suicidal when I was bullied, as have other people on here. He wanted to get his own back on a society that he saw had destroyed his life. Either way, the bullies have to shoulder some (not all, obviously) of the responsibility for this.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
eastlondonseagull said:
People flip in different ways. I felt suicidal when I was bullied, as have other people on here. He wanted to get his own back on a society that he saw had destroyed his life. Either way, the bullies have to shoulder some (not all, obviously) of the responsibility for this.

What he said.

I just cringe when i see his class mates talking.
He hardly said a word - prob because he was too scared to as you ripped it out of him

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Yes, but doesnt that still make him south korean?

Yeah. I was just more thinking that his formative years were spent in America. In fact the majority of his life was so if anything he was more American. But then again it depends how his parents raised him I suppose.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
If they want to continue to maintain the right to bear arms that's up to them. You'll never change that even if you had an incident like this every six months. However it still seems odd that you can buy a gun the same day just by having the correct form(s) of ID and filling out a form (are you a mentalist YES/NO). I think people who want a gun out there should have to provide a current clean bill of health regarding mental health issues/personality disorders (doctors assessment), no previous mental aberrations or treatment for episodes of depressions, etc. If it took a fortnight to get your hands on the firearm it might make a difference.

Right to bear arms fine, but it's clear that some in society should be excluded if they can't pass obvious checks.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It doesn't matter what upbringing, nationality or race someone is, there will be people who are mentally unstable in every corner of the globe. The problem is that when they make their mind up to retaliate or to self destruct, the tools that they have available to them dictate the scale of their outlash....

Hence America has these shootings and will continue to do so...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
What he said.

I just cringe when i see his class mates talking.
He hardly said a word - prob because he was too scared to as you ripped it out of him
Maybe he was just mental?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It is genuinely one of the funniest things I have ever seen. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here