Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child free flights

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I just think the model is snidey. I don't disagree with the premise that they need to make their money, but there is something unreasonable about the obsene surcharge for taking what most would consider to be a very ordinary amount of luggage. I'd have less of an issue with this if they provided lockers for people to store stuff they didn't want to take, but really once you are at the airport you are at their mercy. Equally, I don't mind the charges for different payment methods, food, choice of seat or whatever - it's not as if they are hidden charges and there are always alternatives. But luggage I take issue with, and it has created the problem being discussed on this thread.

Agreed on all counts. :thumbsup:

most 'full service' carriers charge 1% of full published fare per kilo over. thats eye watering. but they arent charities either. i see what you mean about snidey yes its a broken up package that previously people didnt see, but in all honesty theres an argument that it is less snidey and more transparent.

it takes some getting used to paying overweight surcharges on what you consider previously a reasonable amount of luggage, until you consider what you WERE paying for it before the package was broken up, or the fares you can now access because of it.

people walk into an airport and suddenly become lord god almighty, its mental you dont see people ranting at the supermarket that you have to put a quid in a trolley.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For me its also a personal thing,... I end up barely being able to get my coat/duty frees/small hand luggage anywhere near an overhead locker,... most of the suitcase brigade seem to be happy to pay for priority boarding,... and thus fill the lockers before the rest of us get on board.

actually I will bite.......that is bollocks. Oh and thanks for calling me a prick btw!

What if you are one of the first people on the flight? then you will have access to put your duty free just where the f*** you want!

I use my roll on bag because when I go away its normally for one night and that is just basically a change of clothes and jeans etc for the evening, so its pointless me paying an extra £10 to have a huge suitcase.....and normally I like to get away quickly so I can be at meetings, rather than standing around waiting for the baggage reclaim.

perhaps your ire should be aimed at A) the airlines who allow us to take a small bag on, and B) the airlines who do not enforce their size limit....I am amazed sometimes when people get on with huge carry on bags that there is no way they can fit into the guage by the check in...which most people ignore

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
actually I will bite.......that is bollocks. Oh and thanks for calling me a prick btw!

What if you are one of the first people on the flight? then you will have access to put your duty free just where the f*** you want!

I use my roll on bag because when I go away its normally for one night and that is just basically a change of clothes and jeans etc for the evening, so its pointless me paying an extra £10 to have a huge suitcase.....and normally I like to get away quickly so I can be at meetings, rather than standing around waiting for the baggage reclaim.

perhaps your ire should be aimed at A) the airlines who allow us to take a small bag on, and B) the airlines who do not enforce their size limit....I am amazed sometimes when people get on with huge carry on bags that there is no way they can fit into the guage by the check in...which most people ignore
I say it how I see it matey boy,..... just like you do on many threads on this board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here