Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child free flights

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
No. Kids are a part of your life if you decide to have them. I don't have a 'real problem' for not wanting someone else's kid screaming in my ear or kicking the back of my seat on a flight I've paid for. Those parents that just let their kids run havoc on a flight really annoy me.

Totally agree; a lot of parents today really shouldn't have been allowed to breed in the first place.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
marriott?
No, i stayed at the edmonds , which looked cheap but comfortable , i was wrong, i think it was a former foreign legion detention barracks , i did have one result though, met the punter at the marriott and i lost my passport there , didnt realise until later , but they had phoned my hotel and told them they had it, f*** knows how they knew where i was staying .

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Its well known that premium class passengers make the airlines the money, so they should be looking after them, not the 200 passengers on cheapies.[/QUOTE]

Damn plebs are everywhere these days!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
again loads of private jet companies in the gatwick and crawley area.

i am just getting on a 172 bus to st pauls it will be full of people shouting in mobiles eating fried chicken and generally being vile. but its £1.30. i can get a black cab for a score and it will be bliss but i wont.
who on earth could you be on about ? you forgot to add " unselfconsciously exploring the inside of their nose with a little finger" btw.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On teh flight to Paris this week, I had the pleasant experience of asking some arrogant african to move out of my seat as he had sat in it...he said he had paid for a seat and it was up to him where he sat...to whit the stewardess said after politely asking him to move three times that if he didnt sit where he was allocated he would be thrown off the plane....he then moved muttering curses and three of his family also got up from various seats around the plane and all headed off towards the back where they should have sat......when we landed, literally as we touched down, he unbuckled and got up and opened the overhead locker....the cabin crew hadnt even got up.....

these people are f***ing menaces

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I blame the parents - the kids are bored, hungry or tired and the parents just don't seem to be in control of things.

I have taken cloud junior on many flights, longhaul and shorthaul, and he hasn't cried once. He also knows he's not allowed to kick the seat in front.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
ban roll on suitcases first. the wankers travel companion.

want to know who is a selfish paranoid dickhead? hes the one trying to cram a wheely suitcase into an overhead locker on your plane.....
Hooray..... I fookin hate the presumption of these pricks that they are too important to stick a case in the hold.... soft carry on bags mould nicely into overhead lockers...... suitcases do not.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have taken cloud junior on many flights, longhaul and shorthaul, and he hasn't cried once. He also knows he's not allowed to kick the seat in front.

Kids that behave themselves on a flight aren't the problem-it's the parents of brats that allow their little [insert current trendy celebrity name here] to run amok, kick the seats and generally piss everybody off withing 20 feet of them that are the problem. They'll also be found screeching their way around your local supermarket whilst the parent does nothing to control their sprogs.

Not every adult wants your kids annoying the crap out of us wherever we go. If you have created a brat-keep them at home.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Hooray..... I fookin hate the presumption of these pricks that they are too important to stick a case in the hold.... soft carry on bags mould nicely into overhead lockers...... suitcases do not.

It is the airline you should have a problem with. When travelling to europe for a couple of days I'll take a smaller case and take it on with me, rather than pay extra to put it in the hold. Providing it fits with the airlines guidlines, I don't see what the problem is.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It is the airline you should have a problem with. When travelling to europe for a couple of days I'll take a smaller case and take it on with me, rather than pay extra to put it in the hold. Providing it fits with the airlines guidlines, I don't see what the problem is.
For me its also a personal thing,... I end up barely being able to get my coat/duty frees/small hand luggage anywhere near an overhead locker,... most of the suitcase brigade seem to be happy to pay for priority boarding,... and thus fill the lockers before the rest of us get on board.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
eh that makes no sense - premium cabins are the profit but all cabins are revenue. business class only services have invairably gone bust spectacularly quickly, due to similarly muddled thinking.

Freight is also a key revenue stream.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I have been on a bus this year where the screaming kid was such a pain that the (lady) driver stopped the bus and told the parents concerned that if the kid didn't shut up she would tell them to get off, and if they refused to do so, then the bus wasn't going any further.

I say that if the kid is causing an inconvenience for other passengers, then they should be sedated. Harsh but fair.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For me its also a personal thing,... I end up barely being able to get my coat/duty frees/small hand luggage anywhere near an overhead locker,... most of the suitcase brigade seem to be happy to pay for priority boarding,... and thus fill the lockers before the rest of us get on board.
i got an easyjet flight on monday, a god 1/3 of the flight had speedy boarding , the rest of us were boarded through the back door( oo er missus!) and got on the plane before the speedy boarders !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sounds like a great idea; I'd gladly pay a premium to be assured that there would be no kids in my vicinity on a long journey. Call me a grumpy bar steward, but I don't have kids of my own so don't receive any of the benefit that having kids brings (whatever that is). As such, I don't want to have to put up with the shitty headache enducing parts that other people's kids bring.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
i got an easyjet flight on monday, a god 1/3 of the flight had speedy boarding , the rest of us were boarded through the back door( oo er missus!) and got on the plane before the speedy boarders !
that happens a lot at Bristol,... speedy boarders and kids first.... the we troop through and get on the same bus, but actually better positioned by the doors,.... I do laugh at that.... in fact I often LOL

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
eh that makes no sense - premium cabins are the profit but all cabins are revenue. business class only services have invairably gone bust spectacularly quickly, due to similarly muddled thinking.

Premium cabin are a priority sale for all airlines particularly long haul. If you fill 1st class the flight is paid for. The rest is the profit. I worked for BA for 19 years albeit as an Licensed Aircraft Engineer but the company always stated this as fact hence why so much emphasise is placed on the premium cabin environment.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
This would be fun. I would take many of the special needs adults I look after on the flights/trains that don't allow children. What would the wingers do then: they are all over 18 but functioning somewhere around 18m-4years?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
This would be fun. I would take many of the special needs adults I look after on the flights/trains that don't allow children. What would the wingers do then: they are all over 18 but functioning somewhere around 18m-4years?

Exactly as before, thare's no excuse for annoying other passengers - sedate them.

In fact they are probably even more of a danger to the plane as they're likely to do something really stupid like try to open the emergencey exits at 30,000 feet, putting the whole plane in danger (a child wouldn't have the strength to do this but an adult would), or refuse to stay in their seats when the plane hit turbulence, so again, they would have to be forceably controlled, for their own safety.

At the very worse they will stop the cabin crew from doing their job properly, and if you were the person responsable for them, you would be liable for any justice meeted out by the airline. What would you do if one of them tried to break through the door into the cockpit, or sat on the toilet without closing the door? Just laugh it off? I can assure you the Pilot won't!

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

that pretty much sums up the problem. blame the airline for allowing me to really push the rules to the max irrrespective of my fellow passengers. thats genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here