Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child free flights

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
A carry on case is more to do with having to wait ages at the carousel than lost sock paranoia. I spent longer waiting for my case than I did on a bloddy flight a while back. Not on.

wait ages? you have just travelled at 500 miles an hour, something previously unthinkeable. why is waiting a while for your bag "not on"? its a marvellous logistical feat you have all got there so quickly. ok sometimes the system breaks down but generally its a f***ing amazing one. i like to marvel at it rather than drum my fingers in fury that i have not been carried in a sedan chair all the way for fifty quid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
no one is that pressed for time

True, and people who now me know I do not like rushing around but who wants to spend their Friday night watching a baggage reclaim. Not me for sure.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
ban roll on suitcases first. the wankers travel companion.

kids are part of life, if you have trouble with them then you have a real problem. wheely suitcases that take up half the overhead bin however, due to peoples paranoia that they might lose some dirty socks to the airport system, are the real problem with flying today. want to know who is a selfish paranoid dickhead? hes the one trying to cram a wheely suitcase into an overhead locker on your plane.....

No. Kids are a part of your life if you decide to have them. I don't have a 'real problem' for not wanting someone else's kid screaming in my ear or kicking the back of my seat on a flight I've paid for. Those parents that just let their kids run havoc on a flight really annoy me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
flash sod. if you didnt get the helicopter back to nice from port hercule though you lose a lot of swagger points.
I didnt, the boss told me to spend as much as i like entertaining the punters but i had to get a taxi from the airport and i reckon i'd have had a more comfortable night in belmarsh than my hotel in cap d'ail !!!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
True, and people who now me know I do not like rushing around but who wants to spend their Friday night watching a baggage reclaim. Not me for sure.

wel turn it on its head. use that time to contemplate what an amazing experience you just had, and how someone is miraculously delivering your possesions to you with minimal effort on your part. i get a bit hippyish about this it makes it far more pleasant. watching the plastic flaps of a carousel willing it to be your bag just drives you insane. contemplate your travel and enjoy. its something pretty much no other generation of humanity has experienced.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I didnt, the boss told me to spend as much as i like entertaining the punters but i had to get a taxi from the airport and i reckon i'd have had a more comfortable night in belmarsh than my hotel in cap d'ail !!!

marriott?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
wait ages? you have just travelled at 500 miles an hour, something previously unthinkeable. why is waiting a while for your bag "not on"? its a marvellous logistical feat you have all got there so quickly. ok sometimes the system breaks down but generally its a f***ing amazing one. i like to marvel at it rather than drum my fingers in fury that i have not been carried in a sedan chair all the way for fifty quid.

Question:

You just arrived in Berlin. You now have an option of spending time in a scrum with most of the oiks from the land you are trying to escape and which have just made the last 90 minutes of your life hell. Or do you walk away, jump in a cab and enjoy a nice beer beneath the chestnut trees, twinkling lights and general hush of the Prater Biergarten? Trust me, this latter option is better for both sides. What you call selfishness I call altruism.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Question:

You just arrived in Berlin. You now have an option of spending time in a scrum with most of the oiks from the land you are trying to escape and which have just made the last 90 minutes of your life hell. Or do you walk away, jump in a cab and enjoy a nice beer beneath the chestnut trees, twinkling lights and general hush of the Prater Biergarten? Trust me, this latter option is better for both sides. What you call selfishness I call altruism.

its not an either or. but do you rally need a massive suitcase to go to berlin that makes life difficult for your lighter travelling fellow passengers. how long on average do you wait for your bags? its tense and you feel delayed because its out of your hands, not because its an unreasonable length of time. its all in the mind. you want to get off the plane quick and into the pub? yes of course thats nice.

its a loss of control thing. when you are in the airport system you are not master of your own destiny. i prefer just to go with that. if the flight is delayed an hour then what? do you jump out at 5000 feet at final approach to get that time back?

as for oiks from the land you are trying to escape from yes for once unpatriotically I agree a certain strand of British people are some of the most selfish people with an over inflated sense of entitlement you can ever travel on an aeroplane with.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Flew back from holiday a couple of weeks ago, and in front of me was a toodler who decided to fill his nappy as the plane was making its descent into Gatwick. 20 minutes of nose holding and gagging followed

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
wel turn it on its head. use that time to contemplate what an amazing experience you just had, and how someone is miraculously delivering your possesions to you with minimal effort on your part. i get a bit hippyish about this it makes it far more pleasant. watching the plastic flaps of a carousel willing it to be your bag just drives you insane. contemplate your travel and enjoy. its something pretty much no other generation of humanity has experienced.

I do not need an hour long wait at a carousel to allow me to contemplate the amazing experience of 90 mins or so of my knees being under my chin and having my personal space terrorized by compatriots I'm trying to escape from.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I do not need an hour long wait at a carousel to allow me to contemplate the amazing experience of 90 mins or so of my knees being under my chin and having my personal space terrorized by compatriots I'm trying to escape from.

again loads of private jet companies in the gatwick and crawley area.

i am just getting on a 172 bus to st pauls it will be full of people shouting in mobiles eating fried chicken and generally being vile. but its £1.30. i can get a black cab for a score and it will be bliss but i wont.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I actually have experienced the worse kids in Business class. It seems the parents think because they have spent that money, that their kids can use all the seats as climbing frames, wander around, make noise. I'd welcome any airline that bans kids from premium classes of travel.

Was once on a flight where the parents were in business, and kids were in economy ! Unbelievable

Contradiction much?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
if the flight is delayed an hour then what? do you jump out at 5000 feet at final approach to get that time back?

Of course not. This would be silly. I tend to voice my disapproval to a member of the airline's staff and tell them how I will never book another flight with them. And then a week of so later book another flight with them.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I can understand where the idea is coming from but it is thetypical sledge hammer for a small nut approach we seem to have these days. Although children can be bloody annoying it is not all that cause problems and therefore not all should be punished. Personall the parents of "problem" children on flights should be blacklisted and banned from flying if they cant control their children properly - its called taking responsibility and yes I am a parent.
Also agree on the carry on luggage since when did a case the size of Wales, a handbag, 14 weeks shopping from duty free, 20 coats and a small caravan consistute 1 carry on item its bloody annoying.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Of course not. This would be silly. I tend to voice my disapproval to a member of the airline's staff and tell them how I will never book another flight with them. And then a week of so later book another flight with them.

smiley face, however you do them

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ban roll on suitcases first. the wankers travel companion.

kids are part of life, if you have trouble with them then you have a real problem. wheely suitcases that take up half the overhead bin however, due to peoples paranoia that they might lose some dirty socks to the airport system, are the real problem with flying today. want to know who is a selfish paranoid dickhead? hes the one trying to cram a wheely suitcase into an overhead locker on your plane.....

sorry :-(

To be fair, I normally have a wheel on one that is small so may lap top bag takes up more space

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Contradiction much?

Its well known that premium class passengers make the airlines the money, so they should be looking after them, not the 200 passengers on cheapies.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Its well known that premium class passengers make the airlines the money, so they should be looking after them, not the 200 passengers on cheapies.

eh that makes no sense - premium cabins are the profit but all cabins are revenue. business class only services have invairably gone bust spectacularly quickly, due to similarly muddled thinking.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I can understand where the idea is coming from but it is thetypical sledge hammer for a small nut approach we seem to have these days. Although children can be bloody annoying it is not all that cause problems and therefore not all should be punished. Personall the parents of "problem" children on flights should be blacklisted and banned from flying if they cant control their children properly - its called taking responsibility and yes I am a parent.Also agree on the carry on luggage since when did a case the size of Wales, a handbag, 14 weeks shopping from duty free, 20 coats and a small caravan consistute 1 carry on item its bloody annoying.

Not sure about the blacklisting but i agree with the sentiment. When we fly with the children we're armed to the teeth with colouring books, games, an ipad thats filled with childrens apps (and FM12 if they fall asleep) and a new small toy that 'mysteriously' pops up just before take off. There's only so much you can control your childrens reactions to flying, though.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
no one is that pressed for time. if you are you have booked the wrong flight anyway. overhead bins were designed for hand luggage roll ons are within the law but not within the spirit. roll ons are now costing more time with boarding and disembarking overall than any selfish individual is saving at baggage reclaim. i see old people strugling to put away hats and coats as some corparate dick feels he is the most important person in the world and needs that 10 minutes at the other end to get away quickly. its laughable. a few minutes delay on the aircraft and you save no time anyway.

i detest them. the ultimate in deluded selfishness.

THIS :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here