Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child free flights

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Yes.

As a frequent traveller, both on trains and planes I would happily pay more to sit away from children. I thought most kids were in the back of planes anyway? I was on a flight to China and had the most annoying kid behind me, crying most of the way and no matter how many times I told his parents to cut it out he kept kicking my seat.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
ban roll on suitcases first. the wankers travel companion.

kids are part of life, if you have trouble with them then you have a real problem. wheely suitcases that take up half the overhead bin however, due to peoples paranoia that they might lose some dirty socks to the airport system, are the real problem with flying today. want to know who is a selfish paranoid dickhead? hes the one trying to cram a wheely suitcase into an overhead locker on your plane.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Personally I find it a difficult balance as I think travel broadens the traveller's horizons but then flyers also should have a right to a peaceful flight. Maybe a compromise is children to go in the hold?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

kids are part of life, if you have trouble with them then you have a real problem. wheely suitcases that take up half the overhead bin however, due to peoples paranoia that they might lose some dirty socks to the airport system, are the real problem with flying today. want to know who is a selfish paranoid dickhead? hes the one trying to cram a wheely suitcase into an overhead locker on your plane.....

A carry on case is more to do with having to wait ages at the carousel than lost sock paranoia. I spent longer waiting for my case than I did on a bloddy flight a while back. Not on.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
aeroplanes are public transport. it amazes me how many people think they are in the 50s and they are somehow big time because they are on a plane they have paid a ridiculously small fee for to be propelled around the world at a speed that would be unimaginable just a couple of generations ago.

economy air travel is very very very cheap. peoples expectations are mind boggling. child free premuim cabins on sleeper flights? perhaps an argument for them as its the airlines real revenue stream - for anyone else, its really not an issue - ban snorers drunks and chatterboxes too if people irritate you. better still get a private jet.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember Ronan Keating being interviewed on TV and he was recounting the story of flying from London to LA with his wife and baby, he told how the baby cried loudly for a large part of the journey and how they argued with a woman who complained, to be frank I'D complain if I'd shelled out for a first class ticket to LA and I had a screaming kid in my ear for 12 hours.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I flew back from monaco on wednesday, there was a screaming baby all the way, I must admit I had a little smile at the thought of the poor sod sat next to it !

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
A carry on case is more to do with having to wait ages at the carousel than lost sock paranoia. I spent longer waiting for my case than I did on a bloddy flight a while back. Not on.

no one is that pressed for time. if you are you have booked the wrong flight anyway. overhead bins were designed for hand luggage roll ons are within the law but not within the spirit. roll ons are now costing more time with boarding and disembarking overall than any selfish individual is saving at baggage reclaim. i see old people strugling to put away hats and coats as some corparate dick feels he is the most important person in the world and needs that 10 minutes at the other end to get away quickly. its laughable. a few minutes delay on the aircraft and you save no time anyway.

i detest them. the ultimate in deluded selfishness.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I remember Ronan Keating being interviewed on TV and he was recounting the story of flying from London to LA with his wife and baby, he told how the baby cried loudly for a large part of the journey and how they argued with a woman who complained, to be frank I'D complain if I'd shelled out for a first class ticket to LA and I had a screaming kid in my ear for 12 hours.

tight bastard should charter an aircraft then. a first class ticket buys you a nice seat. with 14 other people in the cabin who are strangers. it is not the ultimate travel experience. just a generally nice one.

i would be gutted if i had paid that money and had to share air with ronan keating.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
tight bastard should charter an aircraft then. a first class ticket buys you a nice seat. with 14 other people in the cabin who are strangers. it is not the ultimate travel experience. just a generally nice one.

i would be gutted if i had paid that money and had to share air with ronan keating.
f***ing hell, somebody got out of the wrong side of bed this morning !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
no one is that pressed for time. if you are you have booked the wrong flight anyway. overhead bins were designed for hand luggage roll ons are within the law but not within the spirit. roll ons are now costing more time with boarding and disembarking overall than any selfish individual is saving at baggage reclaim. i see old people strugling to put away hats and coats as some corparate dick feels he is the most important person in the world and needs that 10 minutes at the other end to get away quickly. its laughable. a few minutes delay on the aircraft and you save no time anyway.

Totally agree. I'm amazed at the size of cases that passengers take on board these days. I wish airlines would get tougher on them.

Have no problem with crying babies - we were all babies once. It's perfect natural for them to cry.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I actually have experienced the worse kids in Business class. It seems the parents think because they have spent that money, that their kids can use all the seats as climbing frames, wander around, make noise. I'd welcome any airline that bans kids from premium classes of travel.

Was once on a flight where the parents were in business, and kids were in economy ! Unbelievable

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Good idea i think.

As a parent of two very small children i find it stressful worrying about keeping my children entertained in a very cramped space so that they don't disturb other passengers too much. If i got on a plane knowing i'd be sitting in an area with similar groups of people it would make the whole journey easier.

That said, on my many flights between norway and gatwick i've noticed there's an element who have ZERO tolerance for children and must have presumed that by booking a flight with a low cost airline they would be sitting in luxury amongst the elite of society.

Originally Posted by The Spanish

Correct. Sometimes there's not even space for my coat.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I flew back from monaco on wednesday, there was a screaming baby all the way, I must admit I had a little smile at the thought of the poor sod sat next to it !

flash sod. if you didnt get the helicopter back to nice from port hercule though you lose a lot of swagger points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Having to wait over 90 mins to get my case from a flight which only took 90 mins is not on. I tend to take my case on board for weekend trips as I'd prefer to spend my Friday night having a beer rather than watching a baggage reclaim go round and round for an hour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Totally agree. I'm amazed at the size of cases that passengers take on board these days. I wish airlines would get tougher on them.

Have no problem with crying babies - we were all babies once. It's perfect natural for them to cry.

We were all babies but I was never needy, demanding, attention seeking or crying when I was a child. Now is a different matter though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here