Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheryl Cole ... Pop Galactico after one song ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Gosh, how the world has changed! On This Morning just now they are puffing Cheryl Cole’s performance of her song as “ Amazing,Stunning, Brilliant”

Have I missed the point here or is she a professional singer performing just ONE song from her album live ?..

How marvellous must other artists be who can stand up and sing several or indeed lots of their own songs live ?
Nice to know you can have such rich praise for so little :glare:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to say I thought she was pretty good!

Seeing her hubby Ashley in the audience I kept on thinking "HOW COULD YOU CHEAT ON HER? (and get away with it!)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was a rather gash, very dreary song and Simon Cowell's subsequent comments made my skin crawl.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really weak voice, but not a bad stage presence

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
She, and the song, were a lot better than i was expecting. I was ready to slate it all - but ended up daying that i thought it was quite a good performance.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why are people persisting with saying " the song is shit ". Clearly it is not shit. It is a very decent and catchy pop song and credit where its due she performed it well last night in my book and the choreography was world class. Ok she is not a brilliant singer by any means but a decent pop star for me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Her voice was weak and shaly..a bit shouty at times. The choroegraphy, the costune, the actual song and the way in which we she connected with her audience were top-notch.

Getting a bit sick of Cowell though!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
but who wins the battle of the X factor singles? Cheryl or Alexandra? My vote goes to Alexandra, just.

edit - and US you are not allowed to bring Leona into this in any way!

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cheryl's song for me.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Had to switch it off. That was APPALLING! She was out of tune and sounded out of breath for most of it.

She is one of the judges in this karaoke competition isn't she? What skills does she have to judge these sorts of things. She married a footballer and has her twangers hanging out from time to time. Great advert for young girls on how to get ahead in life!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Had to switch it off. That was APPALLING! She was out of tune and sounded out of breath for most of it.

She is one of the judges in this karaoke competition isn't she? What skills does she have to judge these sorts of things. She married a footballer and has her twangers hanging out from time to time. Great advert for young girls on how to get ahead in life!

:bowdown::clap2::bowdown:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is a nailed on certainty the concensus of the masses would be the song was turd. That was a given. Also certain would be the slagging off of someone who has made a huge successful of her life in the business world by all the high achievers on NSC. Why is it in this country the relentless drive of people is to slag off success, people hate success, the despise success and they snipe at success at every chance. Its a very odd and revolting trait of the UK which is quite unique in this regard.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyway I LIKED the song and you bunch of Thunderc*nts are not going to make me change my mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Why is it in this country the relentless drive of people is to slag off success, people hate success, the despise success and they snipe at success at every chance. Its a very odd and revolting trait of the UK which is quite unique in this regard.

Read yesterday's Brazilian Grand Prix thread if you want proof of what you say. Someone on that thread (no names no packdrill) made an absolute cock of himself doing exactly what you say above :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here