Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheryl Cole ... Pop Galactico after one song ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, recorded the day before

Yeh i didn't think it was proper live - are u 100% sure it was pre recorded the day before?

It is a nailed on certainty the concensus of the masses would be the song was turd. That was a given. Also certain would be the slagging off of someone who has made a huge successful of her life in the business world by all the high achievers on NSC. Why is it in this country the relentless drive of people is to slag off success, people hate success, the despise success and they snipe at success at every chance. Its a very odd and revolting trait of the UK which is quite unique in this regard.

:guns: :bla:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

how do you know?

Seems to me like it would be an impossibiity to keep that secret - so why pretend that it was performed live on Sunday night if it is guaranteed to become public that it was not . That seems more stupid than the option of doing it badly on Sunday night?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's amazing what passes for 'talent' these days.

This song will go down well with readers of Heat Magazine and teenage boys, which should ensure it's a sure-fire No.1 hit.

Also, that costume / the backing dancers have already been done by Janet Jackson in her Rhythm Nation phase. I feel I'm getting to that age when it all seems to have been done before. If Simon Cowell is guilty of anything it's raising a generation of banal pop.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Had to switch it off. That was APPALLING! She was out of tune and sounded out of breath for most of it.

She is one of the judges in this karaoke competition isn't she? What skills does she have to judge these sorts of things. She married a footballer and has her twangers hanging out from time to time. Great advert for young girls on how to get ahead in life!

Surely she's the perfect judge for a contest like this? She's a winner of one of these shows and has gone on to be a huge success in the pop world for the past seven years. Regardless of how good a singer/dancer/whatever she knows what is needed to win and what is needed to achieve and maintain success.

Having said that, the song is pretty poor as is her voice.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
how do you know?

Seems to me like it would be an impossibiity to keep that secret - so why pretend that it was performed live on Sunday night if it is guaranteed to become public that it was not . That seems more stupid than the option of doing it badly on Sunday night?

My mistake, it was pre recorded earlier in the day. A member of my family is in management at polydor so thats how i know.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
According to the Evening Standard she sung the first verse live but then reverted to miming for the chorus and the rest of the song. There does seem to be a step chance after the first verse.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Jese Christ - if you don't like it, don't listen to it. British pop has always been this way - somebody is usually driving the whole thing - it just happens to be Simon Cowell at the moment.

No point in getting fired about it. CC won't care, why the hell should anybody else?

She was very average at best and will never have a voice as good as even a mediocre Whitney who despite her strangeness still shows she has a good voice even if it was all a bit bizarre.

I would suggest CC mimed much of the song and the cringe worthy tributes from Simon Cowell either proves he's no judge of a decent singer or is getting a BJ every week (night / hour).

Half the contestants have better voices that her and to be honest half of them could be a success in the industry but Cowell will do all he can to ensure it is only the 'chosen one' who will be allowed to fully exploit their talent so he can make as much money as possible.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Personally, I'd rather watch with the sound off as I have no time for what passes for 'pop' music these days.

But, MAN ALIVE, I'd happily see more of her on TV...

Attachments

• Cheryl_Tweedy_Cole.jpg
    Cheryl_Tweedy_Cole.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 207

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Putting the track to one side for the moment, Cowell is seriously knobbing her, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here