Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheryl Cole ... Pop Galactico after one song ?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It is a nailed on certainty the concensus of the masses would be the song was turd. That was a given. Also certain would be the slagging off of someone who has made a huge successful of her life in the business world by all the high achievers on NSC. Why is it in this country the relentless drive of people is to slag off success, people hate success, the despise success and they snipe at success at every chance. Its a very odd and revolting trait of the UK which is quite unique in this regard.

But surely it's no different to people like you saying she is very talented? She isn't talented, she if just a pretty girl that has been manipulated by people who know the industry she works in.

Has she ever written a song? Has she ever played a musical instrument? Choreographed a dance routine? I've no idea but I very much doubt it. She is a bit of fluff who isn't that great a singer but was lucky enough to be in a manufactured pop band who had a couple of successful pop records. She then went on to marry one of the best footballers in the country so became even more of a tabloid darling. The X Fuckwit lot realise this and are once again exploiting her fame to promote their show.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its true though. This country like losers, aspires to be losers and anyone who has the audacity to make a success of themselves is shot down in flames. Its most odd.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pop music is disposable but its a decent song well performed with a stunning choreography. Its not going to cure cancer or solve the middle eastern crisis but it was good as what it did and what can't people just f***ing accept that instead of trying to score petty points.

But surely it's no different to people like you saying she is very talented? She isn't talented, she if just a pretty girl that has been manipulated by people who know the industry she works in.

Has she ever written a song? Has she ever played a musical instrument? Choreographed a dance routine? I've no idea but I very much doubt it. She is a bit of fluff who isn't that great a singer but was lucky enough to be in a manufactured pop band who had a couple of successful pop records. She then went on to marry one of the best footballers in the country so became even more of a tabloid darling. The X Fuckwit lot realise this and are once again exploiting her fame to promote their show.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Its true though. This country like losers, aspires to be losers and anyone who has the audacity to make a success of themselves is shot down in flames. Its most odd.

But the point is she did not make her own success..she has no huge talent that warrants where she is in the media limeleught. She is a cute girl who was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to be package manipulated by the pop moguls.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Life sucks get on with it. Envying people their success in not an attractive thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to her, it's all about image rather than talent and she and her backers have milked the fact.

If I had to buy or listen to Girls Aloud type music I think I'd rather give up on listening to music altogether but plenty love it and the masses are being given what they want. Like she gives a shit what those who find it unlistenable think.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
There's thousands more like her that have more talent than she has in her racist little finger. She was in the right place at the right time, probably answered an add in the stage and got through because of her looks and her confidence, definately not through her voice. How she warrants a position to judge others is beyond me, just cowell being clever.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Life sucks get on with it. Envying people their success in not an attractive thing.

I don't think it is case of jealousy or envy - just a point in mind (in my case anyway) - their are those who are supremely talented and have persevered and got to a pinnacle point of fame and all that that attracts. There are those who are more fortunate than that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There's thousands more like her that have more talent than she has in her racist little finger. She was in the right place at the right time, probably answered an add in the stage and got through because of her looks and her confidence, definately not through her voice. How she warrants a position to judge others is beyond me, just cowell being clever.

Racist ?. She's married to a Black Man you slice :jester::laugh:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't think it is case of jealousy or envy - just a point in mind (in my case anyway) - their are those who are supremely talented and have persevered and got to a pinnacle point of fame and all that that attracts. There are those who are more fortunate than that.

Thats life, it is f***ing shit but all the spite and venom on here sums up NSC really. She's got lucky. Good for her.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Well it's not THAT good for her is it? Racist allegations, airing dirty laundry in public. Yes she has lots of material wealth and an artificially good life, but is she happy? She seems like one of the most miserable people I've ever seen on the television. For me, success is measured through happiness, and she clearly doesn't have any. If that's what it takes to get to the top, then I'm absolutely delighted to be at the bottom. And before a certain poster replies, this isn't me being bitter. Her and many others are mugging the whole world off with their talentless contribution to music.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is a nailed on certainty the concensus of the masses would be the song was turd. That was a given. Also certain would be the slagging off of someone who has made a huge successful of her life in the business world by all the high achievers on NSC. Why is it in this country the relentless drive of people is to slag off success, people hate success, the despise success and they snipe at success at every chance. Its a very odd and revolting trait of the UK which is quite unique in this regard.

Forgive the pun Uncle, but you are not seeing the big picture.

The whole point of the post was to complain about the Uberhype and overblown comments on tv about a professional singer .. wait for it...... singing one of her own songs live.. Lots of other people can sing songs, some remarkably well, but the whole Plug Factor thing means that this is a performance multiplied and puffed X10 when clearly, it is VERY AVERAGE !:US:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Pop music is disposable but its a decent song well performed with a stunning choreography. Its not going to cure cancer or solve the middle eastern crisis but it was good as what it did and what can't people just f***ing accept that instead of trying to score petty points.

But it wasn't well performed though was it. I watched a minute or so of it and she sounds out of breath and is off key or more than one occasion.

It's not point scoring in the slightest, I couldn't give a flying feck what she gets up to. Just saddens me to see a country that is famed for producing great music has to sink to the razzmatazz of a TV karaoke competition and then it's offshoots such as Cole are then seen as musical experts!!

Jake Burns telling it how it is:

[yt]ugTmhE9yDXk[/yt]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why are you talking about her performance and her song, the main issue with her last night was how incredable her Bamb-diddle-bigbop-dibble-wops looked! :eek:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
My feelings are:

It's not about being the best it's about being in the right place at the right time and in with the right people.

Same in business.

She is a very average singer who has got very lucky, good luck to her but I wont be buying any of her records.

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
The Track is Class, spot on for chart toppers without a doubt. The choreography was insane - even if it was a bit too much like Michael Jackson. But great track, she'll be number 1 this week and I say good luck to her in the future, she deserves it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here