Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cher to win X Factor

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
So it's all set up for the Cher and Lady Gaga finals night. It would be a massive u-turn if Cher won the final but anything is possible when you have Lady Gaga with you!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Now i'm not particularly a fan of hers but she can sing, its not all about the rapping. A couple of weeks ago she sang Stay by Shakespears Sister absolutely superbly, she really surprised me.

She will continue to rap cos it gives her something a bit extra as if it was purely on singing then she would have no chance of competing with Rebecca who is outstanding and fully deserves to win.

Your right, she isnt all about rapping at all. She has song a few songs without the rap, but i guess rapping is what she is most comfortable with. Personally i think she is decent but it can also see how she is easily disliked.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cher doesn't get the teenage girl vote, the most significant demographic in terms of X-Factor voters, which is why she hasn't a chance of winning. One Direction will win the competition by a landslide for exactly that reason.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do you not feel that rapping can be construed as 'a talent', at all, then?

There are a few very major artists [and their bank managers] who would beg to differ.
I think the point he is trying to make is that Cher Lloyd is a one trick pony, her trick being rap. And this irritation is compounded by the fact that Simon "everyone look at me" Cowell and Cheryl "people's princess" Cole just fawn over her, even when she is f***ing gash.

And that stupid f***ing wobbly lip thing. And her propensity to cry whenever things aren't going her way. I wish she would f*** off.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
She cries a lot for judges sympathy votes, and as an "artist" she will ultimately self destruct dues to her chavness that’s for sure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But when she sings songs without a rap she's brilliant, like in the sing off last night.
How can you say that as she was 2nd best, even the judges said so, in the sing off and if justice had been done based on the sing off Mary should have gone through. Obviously Cher is more saleable than Mary in terms of records publicity etc.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
But when she sings songs without a rap she's brilliant, like in the sing off last night.

You think whineing is brilliant singing?

It was horried. Always is. I though Mary was superb last night in the singoff. If she was any better, she would have been a famous singer for 20 odd years.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

I'm not entirely convinced by that, I couldn't understand half the words through all the screeching, Mary did win the sing off but I'm glad she's gone, I wasn't really a fan.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Haven't watched much as it is genuinely depressing television but seems to me from what I have seen that the standard this year is INCREDIBLY low.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cher will be a much bigger name than Mary. Give it two years and Cher will still be selling records, whilst Mary will be doing gigs at the Dog and Duck in Dublin or whatever she is from.

Cher and One Direction are the the only two in the competition that have long term futures. Matt is just another nice bloke singing songs well, but has the charisma of a an ant, ditto Rachel, although her voice is probably strong enough to have a Alexandra Burke type career.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Cher will be a much bigger name than Mary. Give it two years and Cher will still be selling records, whilst Mary will be doing gigs at the Dog and Duck in Dublin or whatever she is from.

Cher and One Direction are the the only two in the competition that have long term futures. Matt is just another nice bloke singing songs well, but has the charisma of a an ant, ditto Rachel, although her voice is probably strong enough to have a Alexandra Burke type career.

So what you're saying is X Factor is not about being the best at singing but who can make the most money?

Nothing new I know, but it just seems so wrong!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Well said. How would you feel if all the fans and media started slating Caskey? He's a youngster with potential like Cher Lloyd

Grown men calling her a dog, saying she can't sing (when she clearly can maybe not to my own, or everyone's taste) etc is pathetic when she's not even old enough to drink.

If my children are telented when they grow up, I would think twice about pushing them because of these sort of wankers + I haven't got time to hunt each one down!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here