Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cher to win X Factor

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Noticed on Saturday that one of them looks (or has been made to look) like Justin Bieber.

Cher is the only one whose records I would consider buying.

Why? Poor at rapping and not the greatest voice.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Although I wouldn't go as far as saying she's 'brilliant' I do agree with the sentiments in footychick's post. Cher has got a very good voice beyond all the rap clap trap and showed it in the sing off last night. I'm not a fan, but you have to say she shows incredible maturity, drive and determination for a seventeen year old, christ I could barely manage a hand shandy at that age!

Mary should just be signed up to sing all the Bond themes from now on in. Why you would sing a song you've sung before (Man's World) in the sing off beats me, not that she ever had a chance of staying in against Cher - she could have sung Bohemian Rhapsody, Nessun Dorma and The Birdy Song note perfect and simultaneously last night and the judges would still have voted her out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
not that she ever had a chance of staying in against Cher - she could have sung Bohemian Rhapsody, Nessun Dorma and The Birdy Song note perfect and simultaneously last night and the judges would still have voted her out.

That is the whole crux of the matter it doesnt matter what the public want the final outcome and winner will be decided on what the judges (Simon Cowell) wants as to who will sell most records. The standard this year is probably the worst it has been and the actual standard has been dropping since Leona Lewis won it. Alexandra Burke has sold some records but last years winner Joe whatever hasnt and nor have many other than Leona Lewis.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The whole show is nothing more than a publicity vehicle for next years money making for Cowell, when the show started, like many shows like this, I thought it was quite good, but like them all (Big Brother etc) it has run its course and needs to be replaced with something else that can con the public out of their hard earned cash!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because All the others are pretty similar to other acts already on the market.

That's because it's not really the X factor that they are after, but the Bland Karaoke lowest common denominator Factor. I don't like Cher, but agree she is different, as could Matt be but they give him/let him choose such shite songs..that Billy Joel number was cringeworthy, tonsillitis or not. Like Top Gear, the X Factor has run it's course and should be binned.

HOWEVER having been forced to watch Strictly as the wife is a big fan I have to say, between gritted teeth, that it has been a fantastic series this time around. Far Far more watchable than the dross that is X Factor. I've even warmed to Gavin Henson and I would have laid money that wasn't possible a couple of months ago.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
She is a lot wiser than her years suggest, the trembling lip to order for sympathy, she knows how to play people, she no shrinking violet that some like to portray her as,
A simple matter of convincing a tattooist that she 18 ??? And the parents allowing it ?
Not good stock to come from is it.
Just the simple notion of wanting tattoos as such a age speaks volumes about a person character to me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The whole show is nothing more than a publicity vehicle for next years money making for Cowell, when the show started, like many shows like this, I thought it was quite good, but like them all (Big Brother etc) it has run its course and needs to be replaced with something else that can con the public out of their hard earned cash!!!

Unfortunately WAY too many people are somehow still strung along into believing it's all real and so keep tuning in. It'll have a shelf life as long as that happens.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
HOWEVER having been forced to watch Strictly as the wife is a big fan I have to say, between gritted teeth, that it has been a fantastic series this time around. Far Far more watchable than the dross that is X Factor. I've even warmed to Gavin Henson and I would have laid money that wasn't possible a couple of months ago.

Strictly is LIGHT YEARS ahead of X Factor as a show. The judges actually "judge" and it's full of genuinely talented people.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Strictly is LIGHT YEARS ahead of X Factor as a show. The judges actually "judge" and it's full of genuinely talented people.

And of course all the professional dancers who have been on it for donkeys hang on Aleisha Dixon's every word.

As for genuinely talented people - Jon Sergeant, Peter Shilton and too many others to mention aren't fit to lick Mary Byrne's shoes!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And of course all the professional dancers who have been on it for donkeys hang on Aleisha Dixon's every word.

As for genuinely talented people - Jon Sergeant, Peter Shilton and too many others to mention aren't fit to lick Mary Byrne's shoes!

Let's compare Like for Like here - Wagner, Chico, Those two gay numpties in the current series are not fit to lace Felicity Kendall's corset. ( she was on a par with Mary - quite shit basically but appealed to the oldies)

Alesha Dixon, I agree should be nowhere near the programme, they should have twisted Karen Hardy's arm to take her place, the other judges are much better value than the insincere twats on the X factor panel though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Alesha Dixon is clearly the odd one out on the panel as you WELL know. Whereas ALL the X Factor judges are incredibly annoying, vapid and boring, and never say anything of note ever.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Alesha Dixon is clearly the odd one out on the panel as you WELL know. Whereas ALL the X Factor judges are incredibly annoying, vapid and boring, and never say anything of note ever.

X Factor is just pantomime bullshit, but let's not get too ridiculous here - I've honestly seen about half an hour of Strictly this year and that was enough to see all the usual crud - Bruno jumping up and down in his seat going through his 'wacky' English book of phrases "Oh (insert name) you were like a sexy Kazenga Lua Lua melting all over my lap" and similar tired bollox. Aleisha Dixon trotting out her usual inane fare, CRH the pantomime villain boo hiss. And yes they do make constructive comments beneath it all, something that occasionally happens on the X Factor judging panel too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I genuinely can't remember a single technical comment ever coming from an X Factor judge, ie;

"That A flat was held a little too long," or "you used too much vibrato in the pre-chorus"

Just wouldn't happen, would it?

Len and Craig are both excellent judges.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
She will be singing with Lady Gaga in the final. Don't ask me for a source just go with it. Not sure what odds i can get now?

She's the only one out of the lot of them with any kind of genuine star quality, albeit in a soon-to-be-sectioned stylee. It's a horrible car crash we're watching here as she patently won't be able to handle what comes with winning. Hard to condone whats happening here. But at these odds... :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cher is the best by a country mile, she's versatile and as she said last night she can add a new dimension to British music which means exiting times ahead, plus the fact she can rap means she will sell bucketloads in the States which is why Cowell is so keen on her winning.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
She's the only one out of the lot of them with any kind of genuine star quality
Yeah right.

Cher is the best by a country mile, she's versatile and as she said last night she can add a new dimension to British music which means exiting times ahead

So she back-chats Danni on Saturday night with her sneering "Ballads have been done. I wouldn't change myself for the world" on Saturday. But come Sunday and it's "OMG I'm in the bottom two, what should I do as my SAVE ME song? Oh, I know, I'll go for a BALLAD that I can cry my way through"

f***ing LAME is what I call it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here