Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Decent half. Thought Chelsea edged it up till the goal but we've been the better side since. Bissouma has been class and they can't handle Lamptey, we need to get him on the ball more. I'd possibly take March off and put Welbeck on so Maupay isn't so isolated.
Chelsea's support is shockingly poor. It most definitely is a library. Our away support has been good as always.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I would have sent off rudiger and lukaku for dangerous play...but I can see why tcaus didn't. Maupay should've shown him the blood, that always swings it

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Improved as half wore on and finished the better side. Think we can get something out of this 2nd half. Made Chelsea look very average after they scored but, that's the thing, they have the lead and defend very well!

I hope so but our inability to play 2 halves the way we want worries me.
Let's hope that was our poor half.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
HTF is Rudiger still on the pitch ?

Of course it would have been the same result had Duffy, Dunk or Webster done that :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good half from us really.

No complaints on their goal. Bit silly, Maupay trying to wrestle the man mountain that is Lukaku to the ground.

Not happy about the Rudiger challenge though. Absolutely filthy with both feet off the ground. Not untypical for him.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
A couple minutes of Chelsea right after the goal then a decent spell from us. Shame the half time whistle had to sound when it did.

It's probably bollocks but think it's better to equalise when there's less time left. Obviously i want a goal NOW but less time for the big time charlie's

ALso watched that goal again and Lukaku smacks Maupay first. Smacks him. That's a foul.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bit unlucky with the goal (Maupay clearly fouled) and the Rudiger yellow (assault=red) but we kept going. We’re still in this, perhaps Welbeck later on will give us a bit more up front.

Good half.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Played well and deserve to be level. Chelsea should be down to 10 and the goal should have been disallowed but this is to be expected when Dean referees us.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Pretty good 1st half really IMO, we didn’t do much wrong apart from the poorly defended goal. We’ve caused plenty of problems and don’t look outclassed. Biss picked the wrong pass but that’s life. We are guilty of again over passing at times, and club should start to fine players unable to clear the 1st man from corners, but that’s being picky. We don’t deserve to be 1 down, but we are, it’s Chelsea and we aren’t supposed to win, never have nor ever will seemingly!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Stats show a pretty even first half

5accfee3ceb2ad054e4b3e04d1f76324.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Rewatching the goal it’s very similar to the Burnley (?) goal? Maupay has to at least try and defend there, not just try and block and get embarrassingly outmuscled. Could’ve been a penalty if anything.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Good half

Goal - no complaints, Maupay was holding him

Rudiger should have been sent off, both feet off the ground and out of control, the very definition of a red. Why wasn’t this overturned by VAR?

Those moaning about the “Amexphere” need to look at the state of the home support tonight, poor, haven’t heard a word and it’s been all the attending Albion faithful on my telly.

All credit to those there putting on a show for the Albion , great support

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I wish March would grow a pair and try and take on defenders....it's his biggest problem and just not brave enough.

Welbeck on to support Maupay for me.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Good first half. Not sure why Maupay was given the task of man marking one of the worlds best strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here