Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Why are all the pundits completely blind to the first contact that Lukaku made on Maups? Hits him in the head with one arm, then Maupay grabs at him, then catches him with the other arm, Neil goes down. Its so obvious! Why is nobody even mentioning it?

Exactly. They are moving together and the first contact is Lukaku smacking him. Not brushing him and putting his hand away but hitting him. The level of punditry is soo poor. The second hit was him pushing Maupay off. Fair enough but not the first

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dear Mr Potter
You have prepared for this game and how is it you and coaches come up with idea that Maupay should mark Lukaku at corners

He was a blocker, one of the centre-backs should have attacked it. Although it’s not the first time we’ve seen Maupay outmuscled in that role.

D

Deleted member 2719

Dear Mr Potter
You have prepared for this game and how is it you and coaches come up with idea that Maupay should mark Lukaku at corners
Do you really believe Potter asked him to pick up Lukaku? Really?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Maupay not being much of a threat. Give him a half off for Welbeck?

I don’t think so, if anything we need 2 up there. Neals put a shift and a half in so far, chasing down and causing problems. His off the ball game has been good. And as we know, a moment of genius is only a second away. Let’s just pray he has no 6 inch out chances, only overheads and 20 yarders. Preferably after a bounce…

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Why are all the pundits completely blind to the first contact that Lukaku made on Maups? Hits him in the head with one arm, then Maupay grabs at him, then catches him with the other arm, Neil goes down. Its so obvious! Why is nobody even mentioning it?

Amazon pundits said the first swipe from Lukaku was dodgy and that if Maupay had gone down then he probably would have got the foul, but he delayed going down and did some grappling himself so it was too late by the time he did drop like the proverbial sack of spuds

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have done ok, good in spells.
But with the absence of Dunk and Webster surely Dan Burn should have been standing on Lukaku's laces.
I just don't get that, should be 0-0.

The problem is if Duffy were on the pitch even he wouldn't be marking Lukaku.

Such as same as it does rather crap on a good all round performance.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I haven’t heard Andy Townsend for a while and wouldn’t say I’d forgotten how awful he is, because you never forget how utterly abject he is at analysing a game of football…

But my god Andy Townsend is so bloody awful….

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Andy Townsend has got to a prime gammon hasn't he? Cant someone record him talking about something racist on their mobile phone so we can get him off the Tellybox forever?

Bit uncalled for. He’s a decent pundit, far better than vast majority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here