Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Typical, talk shite giving it that Chelsea were so poor tonight because of the fall out of the super league. It's played on their minds all night!!

Bollox, they were nullified by a hard working team that actually created the best chances,simple.

One of the reasons why I wish not just six teams buggered off, sick of all this patting themselves on the back for stopping this break away league.

No, the threat of sanctions and being kicked out of the premier league and uefa/fifa changed their minds.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Why? WHY?!! This is what peeves me off about some Brighton fans, always settling for less. Why not believe we can go there and win? Why not get frustrated by missing golden chances late on to win all three points? West Brom put FIVE (FIVE!!) past them! Not saying we should and could follow that but when are we ever going to pull that sort of result off when fans are just so grateful for a nil nil all the time? Get out the drip tray and starting drinking man! And most disappointing of all tonight is we had the perfect chance to add the Cherry to the biggest footballing story ever. But no, we trot out another goalless feast and can’t hit a cows arse again with the worlds biggest banjo. So so so frustrating. Brighton and Bloody Hove Albion. Disappointing since 1901. Why win games when you can draw your way to safety (and your fans will be cock a hoop with). And if anybody says we’re still learning...

Following and been disappointed with us since 1901? Time to take a break.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Some can not let go about CH’s sacking, it’s pathetic. Only a complete moron could refuse to see the changes since GP arrived here

Not sure its that much about GP in this case. More about the philosophy of this "portlock seagull" - he just cant stand it when people are happy with what they got (like a point against Chelsea), because it makes a bitter man like him very jealous.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But he got more against Palace - go figure.

We had 10 behind the ball every time we lost it, Chelsea were clueless. Then broke in numbers when we got it, even better in the second half [emoji2]

It was a magnificent tactical performance - I’d even go as far as saying that was one of our best performances. Brilliant.

I really don’t understand why you think [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] was being offensive - thought it was a compliment [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His inability to accept that we are now a good side is offensive to me :shrug: Why not say “that was a great performance “ rather than “ how Hughtonesque” it was much better than that, we competed as equals and could have won. That NEVER happened under CH against a top 4 club

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also Portlock is in the US isn't it?
Can we just have a blanket ban of Yanks in football?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I must have missed 11 men behind the ball in that performance :shrug:

IMO we competed as equals, I never saw that from CH against Chelsea and results under GP back that up. How many points did CH get against Chelsea?

This.

A contest of equals.

I'm satisfied.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We had the best two chances and we were better than them.

There has to be someone, Barnes has gone, I have never been able to work it out, especially as both are good players and work or worked very hard for the team and club.
Lazy players that don't put in any effort, I could understand.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We had the best chances and could have won, we never looked like losing but [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] gets all sarcy about a good Albion performance. Not harsh at all imo. It pisses me off that GP gets absolutely no credit from some so called Albion fans

Like I said several posts earlier it wasn’t a criticism. I’m delighted we got a point at Stamford Bridge. But it wasn’t exactly the Charge of the Light Brigade which is what you’ve constantly said you enjoy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
His inability to accept that we are now a good side is offensive to me :shrug: Why not say “that was a great performance “ rather than “ how Hughtonesque” it was much better than that, we competed as equals and could have won. That NEVER happened under CH against a top 4 club

Man Utd, Arsenal. It really did, don’t join the history rewrite club. We battered Utd.

It was better than great tonight though for me....

I couldn’t believe the 35% possession, as I felt we were comfortable....

All that was missing was a goal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personally now more interested in the difference of taste in art between Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville.

Carragher appears to gone full on shopping centre family portrait whilst Neville has bought his from some students at Manchester Polytechnic.

Jamie - Laminate goes on the floor mate, not the walls.

Not for him......easier to wipe the gob off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure its that much about GP in this case. More about the philosophy of this "portlock seagull" - he just cant stand it when people are happy with what they got (like a point against Chelsea), because it makes a bitter man like him very jealous.

It goes way beyond Portlock.

Many posters, some are very open about, still think CH’s sacking was a disgrace and that he’d being doing just as well as GP, if not better, if he was given Maupay, Lamptey, Webster, Lallana, Welbeck and Trossard.

That anger should be directed to the Board, but for some odd reason, instead those posters think GP’s all smoke and mirrors.

Not me btw!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

4th May 2018 Brighton beat Man Utd

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally now more interested in the difference of taste in art between Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville.

Carragher appears to gone full on shopping centre family portrait whilst Neville has bought his from some students at Manchester Polytechnic.

Jamie - Laminate goes on the floor mate, not the walls.

Outstanding

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

We stopped being plucky some time ago. Now we are just a bit goal shy.

If we'd got something agin Chelski under CH it would have been backs against the wall pluckytastic.

We have moved on from that. Week in week out. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here