Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
We’ve been improving all the time. With a small bit of luck we would have won. We kept a Champions League semi final team down to minimal chances. We’re now a very good team and I’m delighted with the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Typical, talk shite giving it that Chelsea were so poor tonight because of the fall out of the super league. It's played on their minds all night!!
Sounds about right from that channel. It’s the Sun newspaper of radio.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
On the radio?

Sky seem hellbent in not talking about the game for a microsecond.

Beeb...
"We had a couple of chances at the end. I should have buried mine. That is what football is about - the underdogs coming here tonight. We were outstanding and should have taken three points.

"Huge positive again, like all season. We will keep plugging away and get more points on the board. We have a world class manager and good players, The lads are taking his instructions on board. We believe we are going to get points at big clubs."
After a slow start Lallana really seems to be enjoying it here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why? WHY?!! This is what peeves me off about some Brighton fans, always settling for less. Why not believe we can go there and win? Why not get frustrated by missing golden chances late on to win all three points? West Brom put FIVE (FIVE!!) past them! Not saying we should and could follow that but when are we ever going to pull that sort of result off when fans are just so grateful for a nil nil all the time? Get out the drip tray and starting drinking man! And most disappointing of all tonight is we had the perfect chance to add the Cherry to the biggest footballing story ever. But no, we trot out another goalless feast and can’t hit a cows arse again with the worlds biggest banjo. So so so frustrating. Brighton and Bloody Hove Albion. Disappointing since 1901. Why win games when you can draw your way to safety (and your fans will be cock a hoop with). And if anybody says we’re still learning...

Here's your attention.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Why? WHY?!! This is what peeves me off about some Brighton fans, always settling for less. Why not believe we can go there and win? Why not get frustrated by missing golden chances late on to win all three points? West Brom put FIVE (FIVE!!) past them! Not saying we should and could follow that but when are we ever going to pull that sort of result off when fans are just so grateful for a nil nil all the time? Get out the drip tray and starting drinking man! And most disappointing of all tonight is we had the perfect chance to add the Cherry to the biggest footballing story ever. But no, we trot out another goalless feast and can’t hit a cows arse again with the worlds biggest banjo. So so so frustrating. Brighton and Bloody Hove Albion. Disappointing since 1901. Why win games when you can draw your way to safety (and your fans will be cock a hoop with). And if anybody says we’re still learning...

We’re you actually watching the game? We didn’t go and sit back in the second half to protect our point. Potter made attacking substitutions and tactical changes and we do nearly won the game. A tiny bit of luck and we win the game. I can’t see one single thing that the players or Potter could have done better to try and win the game except Lallana’s one chance that went wide.

Because we went and played well and had a go we are happy with a point.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Blimey. :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We are now competing against the top sides in the European Super League, and we're not getting slaughtered. We've even beaten two of them - Liverpool and Spurs. Take a moment to digest this.

Exactly.

And look, we’re disappointed not to take all 3 points away at Chelsea and Man U. That’s not just luck, that a sea change of mindset. With this manager we will give everyone a game. We’re lacking that extra little quality up front, but if we get that... we’ll be some team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I must have missed 11 men behind the ball in that performance :shrug:

IMO we competed as equals, I never saw that from CH against Chelsea and results under GP back that up. How many points did CH get against Chelsea?

But he got more against Palace - go figure.

We had 10 behind the ball every time we lost it, Chelsea were clueless. Then broke in numbers when we got it, even better in the second half [emoji2]

It was a magnificent tactical performance - I’d even go as far as saying that was one of our best performances. Brilliant.

I really don’t understand why you think [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] was being offensive - thought it was a compliment [emoji2]

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks like Potter's set the team up to lose tonight. Why the hell don't we field our strongest side and give it a go ffs? Do we really need to rest some of our best players for the Sheff Utd game?

I always love your pre-match negative views on the team I support Zeb. Gives me the reason for hope.:thumbsup:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Some cannot let go about CH’s sacking, it’s pathetic. Only a complete moron could refuse to see the changes since GP arrived here

I continue to be perplexed how some can’t see the ongoing improvements this manager is making to our club.

We’re disappointed not to get all 3 points at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford. I mean think about that. We gave Man City a stern game, we beat Liverpool at Anfield. It’s actually the teams in and around us we struggle with.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Personally now more interested in the difference of taste in art between Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville.

Carragher appears to gone full on shopping centre family portrait whilst Neville has bought his from some students at Manchester Polytechnic.

Jamie - Laminate goes on the floor mate, not the walls.

Brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here