Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Excellent game plan, and the only time we looked to have lapsed saw Ben take one for the team.
Great solid squad performance, I don’t believe Chelsea did not try or just never showed up, we simply nullified them.

Bit of luck and we could have won that.

Fully expect us to have a nightmare on Saturday and lose 3-0
It’s the Brighton way....

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A year or two ago we would have been celebrating this draw as if we’d have won the league.
We actually didn’t play as well as we can and yet still got a draw.
Thought Burn did well and White was excellent. Took one for the team at the end but worth it as we deserved the point. Not so much pressure for Saturday now which is a big advantage.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Great point.

Just hope come Saturday we don't go to Sheffield expecting a wake, only for the guest of honour to be the life and soul of the party!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Phew!

How can a game be so boring that the time goes so slowly but you have your heart in your mouth from start to finish?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We had the best chances and could have won, we never looked like losing but [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] gets all sarcy about a good Albion performance. Not harsh at all imo,

Not really I thought he was right in terms of shape. Very Hughton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Goodness me. If this ends up 0-0 I'll be very happy. Everton & Chelsea - no goals conceded, two draws.

Why? WHY?!! This is what peeves me off about some Brighton fans, always settling for less. Why not believe we can go there and win? Why not get frustrated by missing golden chances late on to win all three points? West Brom put FIVE (FIVE!!) past them! Not saying we should and could follow that but when are we ever going to pull that sort of result off when fans are just so grateful for a nil nil all the time? Get out the drip tray and starting drinking man! And most disappointing of all tonight is we had the perfect chance to add the Cherry to the biggest footballing story ever. But no, we trot out another goalless feast and can’t hit a cows arse again with the worlds biggest banjo. So so so frustrating. Brighton and Bloody Hove Albion. Disappointing since 1901. Why win games when you can draw your way to safety (and your fans will be cock a hoop with). And if anybody says we’re still learning...

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Decent result and another edge towards safety. Could have been better had Lallana buried what was probably the best genuine chance (if only?) of the game aside Welbeck's effort against the post. Away games against the likes of Chelsea are always a free hit so a point is an okay nights work. Even if the game was mostly a bit dire.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really I thought he was right in terms of shape. Very Hughton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have missed 11 men behind the ball in that performance :shrug:

IMO we competed as equals, I never saw that from CH against Chelsea and results under GP back that up. How many points did CH get against Chelsea?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Personally now more interested in the difference of taste in art between Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville.

Carragher appears to gone full on shopping centre family portrait whilst Neville has bought his from some students at Manchester Polytechnic.

Jamie - Laminate goes on the floor mate, not the walls.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't quite know what you expect when you watch games like this. Both made errors, but not serious, but both put in a really good shift. I'm with Mr Potter on this one, he has a rough idea which players to pick

There is an anti Burn agenda.
I rate Webster but he was very poor first half. Burn did so much going forward and gave the ball away far less than Webster but is still critised.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We had the best chances and could have won, we never looked like losing but [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] gets all sarcy about a good Albion performance. Not harsh at all imo. It pisses me off that GP gets absolutely no credit from some so called Albion fans

We’ve always been easy on the easy going forward and in possession under GP.

In recent months he’s also delivered a pretty good defence .... despite key injuries.

GP deserves credit for adapting and dealing with our achilles heal.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We are now competing against the top sides in the European Super League, and we're not getting slaughtered. We've even beaten two of them - Liverpool and Spurs. Take a moment to digest this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here