Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bitter? Show me one post where I have been bitter? Doubting yes, but not bitter.

I’d say not seeing a single positive post from you since CH’s sacking as being bitter :shrug:

You have completely lost your Albion mojo haven’t you?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can add [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] to the never happy since CH sacking to that list

Only you say that. I haven’t.

What I can’t stand is the over the top hyperbole of Potter being the best ever. He has allied the doubts I had, and I admitted those doubts, but I haven’t criticised him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can add [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] to the never happy since CH sacking to that list

Nopes, considered that one one grumpy fecker in the beginning but seen a lot more balanced views from her this season. Unlike the ones I mentioned, TB does not seem to be looking for the negative angle even when there pretty much is none.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Jee whiz. West Brom slaughtered Chelsea 2 weeks ago. And before we get too big headed, yes we beat Liverpool...as then everyone else did in their worse home run EVER! But we also don’t beat teams in the bottom half btw, including at home with a one man advantage against the worst team in PL history. We bore draw often goalless our way to safety. And yet again we missed golden chances tonight. The mindset of our fan base really needs to get off its knees and start living on its feet, expecting to win a few games. Next season will be our 5th in the PL and we’ve yet to see a single season the likes of Reading, Bmuff, Wigan, Burnley, Watford and plenty others have/did. And before anyone mocks the fact they’re not there and we still are, all have achieved more as clubs so watch your disrespect of them!

Please Tony. For the love of god can we have some New Strikers and New midfielders who can score goals? Get rid Maupay, Welbeck, Percy, Connolly and Lallana and find yes FIND someone with those savings who can CAN put the ball in the net. It’s beyond a joke and I stopped laughing ages ago now.

Nothing that you have written is actually a counter-argument to my central point. We - compete - in every single game. Some we win, some we draw and some we lose. But to repeat, we don't get slaughtered. Of course we can improve; I wasn't suggesting we couldn't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’d say not seeing a single positive post from you since CH’s sacking as being bitter :shrug:

Try looking at the Sanchez thread where earlier I pointed out we’d got eight clean sheets this year. Try picking on someone else.

I’m actually very pleased we got a good point at Stamford Bridge.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Loved the commentary just after half time. "We wish Ryan Mason the best of luck. His career ended at this ground where he suffered a fractured skull whilst playing for Hull City. He deserves a break"

Genius

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, thats their problem really. Justice, TottonSeagull, THPP etc... too bad for them if they dont want to move on.

Their quandry is that Bloom is revered, for obvious reasons.

Potter didn’t sack Hughton.

So they spend the next two years slagging off Potter, at every opportunity.

So bizarre from grown men and women, it’s comical.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nopes, considered that one one grumpy fecker in the beginning but seen a lot more balanced views from her this season. Unlike the ones I mentioned, TB does not seem to be looking for the negative angle even when there pretty much is none.

Thank you.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Need to chill out, just got our first point away to Chelsea....not too bad a result.

I can’t. Sorry. The fact we’ve been shit for the other 120 years isn’t an excuse when we miss glorious chances like tonight. And why do we always have to do it the Albion way? Now we’ve a point, do we wait until 2141 for a win? Sakes, what’s wrong with doing a West Brom? A Bradford? Lots teams gone to Chelsea and win without waiting a millennium first. So typical of our fans to accept. Pathetic. Get off your knees and change your mindset. Stop being happy with boring draws and demand more. It’s inexcusable the volume of misses we’ve had this season whether against Chelsea or Newport County. To win matches it’s vital to have a winning mentality. Isn’t it about time Brighton fans stopped feeling like uninvited guests and start believing we can beat these teams? As West Brom comfortably did a fortnight or so ago even thought they’re almost certainly going down?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Loved the commentary just after half time. "We wish Ryan Mason the best of luck. His career ended at this ground where he suffered a fractured skull whilst playing for Hull City. He deserves a break"

Genius

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Also noticed that, in between we never scored or won at Stamford bridge like a parrot

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Try looking at the Sanchez thread where earlier I pointed out we’d got eight clean sheets this year. Try picking on someone else.

I’m actually very pleased we got a good point at Stamford Bridge.

Not picking on you just highlighting your negative attitude towards a club on the up. These are halcyon days

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Jee whiz. West Brom slaughtered Chelsea 2 weeks ago. And before we get too big headed, yes we beat Liverpool...as then everyone else did in their worse home run EVER! But we also don’t beat teams in the bottom half btw, including at home with a one man advantage against the worst team in PL history. We bore draw often goalless our way to safety. And yet again we missed golden chances tonight. The mindset of our fan base really needs to get off its knees and start living on its feet, expecting to win a few games. Next season will be our 5th in the PL and we’ve yet to see a single season the likes of Reading, Bmuff, Wigan, Burnley, Watford and plenty others have/did. And before anyone mocks the fact they’re not there and we still are, all have achieved more as clubs so watch your disrespect of them!

Please Tony. For the love of god can we have some New Strikers and New midfielders who can score goals? Get rid Maupay, Welbeck, Percy, Connolly and Lallana and find yes FIND someone with those savings who can CAN put the ball in the net. It’s beyond a joke and I stopped laughing ages ago now.

Everyone of those sides would have been happy with a point away at Chelsea.

What you seem unable to do is abstract an individual game from a season. Therefore because results across a season haven’t been good enough, you therefore can’t enjoy this result, even though it’s a good one on its own merits.

It has been disappointing not to have had a season or 2 looking up rather than down, even so, it’s shit being a football fan if you can never find any positives.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Their quandry is that Bloom is revered, for obvious reasons.

Potter didn’t sack Hughton.

So they spend the next two years slagging off Potter, at every opportunity.

So bizarre from grown men and women, it’s comical.

Exactly

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nothing that you have written is actually a counter-argument to my central point. We - compete - in every single game. Some we win, some we draw and some we lose. But to repeat, we don't get slaughtered. Of course we can improve; I wasn't suggesting we couldn't.

Yep. Of our defeats in the PL this season, how many have been by more than 1 goal ? Maybe just 3 ?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We’re you actually watching the game? We didn’t go and sit back in the second half to protect our point. Potter made attacking substitutions and tactical changes and we do nearly won the game. A tiny bit of luck and we win the game. I can’t see one single thing that the players or Potter could have done better to try and win the game except Lallana’s one chance that went wide.

Because we went and played well and had a go we are happy with a point.

Did we score? No. Do we regularly not score? Yes. Am I frigging sick of waiting to win against Chelsea? Yes!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I admitted a negative attitude at first but that hasn’t continued nor was it ever bitter. Get over yourself.

Get over myself? Stop being such a curmudgeon and give Potter just a smidgen of praise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here