Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
No points for spotting the poster with an inferiority complex on this thread.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Excellent tactical point , we made their playmakers look ordinary by snapping into them straight away ,I'm not sure how anyone could think that was a dull performance from our players , they did exactly what they had trained all week to do .

Brilliant point that and for want of a bit of luck and composure we would have been worthy winners .

Can't remember when I've been so pleased with a point, well done lads .

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

There’s a poster who says they’re a fence sitter, yet patently hates Potter the person ... a lower/overseas leagues loser, an imposter.

That loser orchestrated; beating Spurs x 2, Liverpool, got us a rare point away at Abramovich’s expensive play thing, a double over Arsenal and will deliver EPL again next season. He’s introduced young players into the team, in the midst of difficult EPL fixtures.

It’s no surprise that Lallana’s optimistic and full of praise.

And to add to that, I genuinely believe his coaching is improving our players as well. You can see it right through the team.

I’d love to see what the value of our squad is now vs last days of Hughton. Now I realise that’s down to recruitment also, but no mistake GP has shifted a lot of players out and integrated young talent whose values must be huge now. Sanchez being the ultimate example.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You mentioned, 'beyond a joke' , nailed your own comments.
An easy and highly unoriginal barb to throw back.

If you don’t think criticising our woeful finishing this season is above such metaphors then I guess I’m debating with Coco the Clown. And for that reason I’m out.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
They were all above us too, it’s swings and roundabouts. Only when it was their turn, they had so much more fun. I’m utterly bored with this rearguard action, no goals, constant missing chances, draw your way to safety each season. Football is supposed to involve scoring some goals and our ability to do so is shite. Really shite. We need 2 maybe 3 strikers, not one. They are all not good enough at this level if we’re to progress. And Lallana can go too, when he isn’t on crutches he’s blazing over or wide more times than not. We need midfielders capable of scoring too, and his return is shocking.

Get rid of one of the best players we have ever had because he misses some chances?

Shall we also give Bissouma away while we are at it, as he likes blazing over as a midfielder?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I can’t. Sorry. The fact we’ve been shit for the other 120 years isn’t an excuse when we miss glorious chances like tonight. And why do we always have to do it the Albion way? Now we’ve a point, do we wait until 2141 for a win? Sakes, what’s wrong with doing a West Brom? A Bradford? Lots teams gone to Chelsea and win without waiting a millennium first. So typical of our fans to accept. Pathetic. Get off your knees and change your mindset. Stop being happy with boring draws and demand more. It’s inexcusable the volume of misses we’ve had this season whether against Chelsea or Newport County. To win matches it’s vital to have a winning mentality. Isn’t it about time Brighton fans stopped feeling like uninvited guests and start believing we can beat these teams? As West Brom comfortably did a fortnight or so ago even thought they’re almost certainly going down?

However this season ends, this won't be one of our worst results. Plenty worth ranting over but not this one for me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Words actually fail me :facepalm: Don’t feed the troll :thumbsup:

Win at Anfield, draw at SB and still it’s not good enough :lol:

Chelsea:
‘ The whole squad is currently worth 838,90 million and is placed at 7th most expensive team in the world. Both Liverpool and Manchester City are worth more than 1 billion, which makes Chelsea 3rd club in the Premiership, just one place above Manchester United.’

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Your such a depressing shite, wallowing in a sea of ignorance....

Portlock Seagull, you might want to read some of the feedback you're getting. I appreciate we're all different - glass half full, half empty etc. But a 0-0 draw at Chelsea is a good result. It really is. Yes, I know we missed some chances, but at least we created them in the first place eh?

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I enjoyed that and thought on balance we were the better performer, if not the better team. Yes we should have buried one of our chances, but that is the story of the season. We really should not be anywhere near the bottom, but we are, so have to fight (one for the Burnley snowflakes). It does make the end of the season more intense at least. I do not think that we should lose the ability to enjoy a point away at Stamford Bridge just yet though, we are not that big yet.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I can’t. Sorry. The fact we’ve been shit for the other 120 years isn’t an excuse when we miss glorious chances like tonight. And why do we always have to do it the Albion way? Now we’ve a point, do we wait until 2141 for a win? Sakes, what’s wrong with doing a West Brom? A Bradford? Lots teams gone to Chelsea and win without waiting a millennium first. So typical of our fans to accept. Pathetic. Get off your knees and change your mindset. Stop being happy with boring draws and demand more. It’s inexcusable the volume of misses we’ve had this season whether against Chelsea or Newport County. To win matches it’s vital to have a winning mentality. Isn’t it about time Brighton fans stopped feeling like uninvited guests and start believing we can beat these teams? As West Brom comfortably did a fortnight or so ago even thought they’re almost certainly going down?

West Brom so brilliant in front of goal, they've got a -31 goal difference

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And to add to that, I genuinely believe his coaching is improving our players as well. You can see it right through the team.

I’d love to see what the value of our squad is now vs last days of Hughton. Now I realise that’s down to recruitment also, but no mistake GP has shifted a lot of players out and integrated young talent whose values must be huge now. Sanchez being the ultimate example.

It’s obvious.

March
Lamptey
Mac Allister
White
Webster
Bissouma
Sanchez

Raw talents, very young and/or lacking confidence in their game ... without a shadow of a doubt, all improved.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After you find a bitter post or one slagging him off.

Can’t be arsed to trawl back, the fact is you just don’t like Potter, why hide it? It’s blindingly obvious to me, CH ain’t coming back so time to move on and support the club you’ve followed for decades...or just give up on them :shrug:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Words actually fail me :facepalm: Don’t feed the troll :thumbsup:

Win at Anfield, draw at SB and still it’s not good enough :lol:

Chelsea:
‘ The whole squad is currently worth 838,90 million and is placed at 7th most expensive team in the world. Both Liverpool and Manchester City are worth more than 1 billion, which makes Chelsea 3rd club in the Premiership, just one place above Manchester United.’

Using their accounts and other info, I worked out yesterday that their squad cost £951m.

Internet estimates are £100m’s too low.

Reinforcing your point.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Nothing that you have written is actually a counter-argument to my central point. We - compete - in every single game. Some we win, some we draw and some we lose. But to repeat, we don't get slaughtered. Of course we can improve; I wasn't suggesting we couldn't.

Hmm, we’ve had a few 5’s. Not slaughtered enough? As for competition. Well that’s highly subjective. We compete by turning up, taking the field, having a spell on top. What I’d like to see is some goals though. Some conversions. We had chances again tonight. Missed em. Again. Rather than backslapping and feeling pleased as punch we got a point, what about the 3 we could maybe should have taken? I know what Mr Brian Clough would have said in the dressing room after.That’s my central point. That and our fans really need to stop being so bloody small time in mindset. Sure it rubs off on players. Start believing in more and we might be nicely surprised! :)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Everyone of those sides would have been happy with a point away at Chelsea.

What you seem unable to do is abstract an individual game from a season. Therefore because results across a season haven’t been good enough, you therefore can’t enjoy this result, even though it’s a good one on its own merits.

It has been disappointing not to have had a season or 2 looking up rather than down, even so, it’s shit being a football fan if you can never find any positives.

I’ll file this under **** you. Patronising twonk.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Jee whiz. West Brom slaughtered Chelsea 2 weeks ago. And before we get too big headed, yes we beat Liverpool...as then everyone else did in their worse home run EVER! But we also don’t beat teams in the bottom half btw, including at home with a one man advantage against the worst team in PL history. We bore draw often goalless our way to safety. And yet again we missed golden chances tonight. The mindset of our fan base really needs to get off its knees and start living on its feet, expecting to win a few games. Next season will be our 5th in the PL and we’ve yet to see a single season the likes of Reading, Bmuff, Wigan, Burnley, Watford and plenty others have/did. And before anyone mocks the fact they’re not there and we still are, all have achieved more as clubs so watch your disrespect of them!

Please Tony. For the love of god can we have some New Strikers and New midfielders who can score goals? Get rid Maupay, Welbeck, Percy, Connolly and Lallana and find yes FIND someone with those savings who can CAN put the ball in the net. It’s beyond a joke and I stopped laughing ages ago now.

Go away you :dunce:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We contained and nearly beat one of the best and in form teams in the League!!! If Welbeck’s late effort had gone in, it would have been a spectacular winner and no more than we deserved. A late Chelsea winner would have been us throwing it away.

I for one don’t feel like an uninvited guest. When someone the other day was asking how many points from the remainder of the season, I looked at what we had left and thought we are capable of beating any of the teams we still have to play.

Graeme Souness said tonight that. Brighton are always good to watch. If only they had a cutting edge.......

Stop with the nearly and the IF’s! We didn’t. Again! We just can’t score goals and it’s infuriating. I’m bored with entertaining nils. I want ones twos and threes please! Football without goals and that winning feeling is dull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here