Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Greyhounds v Scousers

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Any player on the pitch would've blasted the ball to the corner flag being in the position they were in.

Not true. That was disgraceful.. compounded by a ball boy who made Reina come and collect the ball, rather than throwing the spare.

Sadly, just about sums Drogba up. Thankfully, not all the Chelsea players are as bad.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Not true. That was disgraceful.. compounded by a ball boy who made Reina come and collect the ball, rather than throwing the spare.

Sadly, just about sums Drogba up. Thankfully, not all the Chelsea players are as bad.

Sorry, I don't agree with you there. Any player being in that position would have done that.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Sorry to go against the grain a bit here but whilst some of it was superb entertainment, a lot of it made me cringe. You could make a highlights package with more diving than good football.

Equally embarrassing was the way Chelsea have to engineer an atmosphere at SB, free flags, crap music etc. Its a Champions League Q Final FFS! Imagine it was the Albion and Elphick has just made it 4 all with 5 minutes left when it looked for all the world the opposition would go on and win it, he runs over and celebrates right in front of you. What do you do? Go absolutely mental looking like your having the mother of all eppy fits or do what the Chelsea fans opted for, polite applause?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not all the fans are plastic.
Drogba was BRILLIANT tonight.
Any player on the pitch would've blasted the ball to the corner flag being in the position they were in.

Everyone seems to now claim to be a Chelsea fan including my own bloody mother who is 78 and had never mentioned this allegiance until three years ago.

Do you really think any player would have blasted that drop ball into the corner flag? I certainly don't. The guy has no integrity. Horrible, despicable human being.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Equally embarrassing was the way Chelsea have to engineer an atmosphere at SB, free flags, crap music etc. Its a Champions League Q Final FFS! Imagine it was the Albion and Elphick has just made it 4 all with 5 minutes left when it looked for all the world the opposition would go on and win it, he runs over and celebrates right in front of you. What do you do? Go absolutely mental looking like your having the mother of all eppy fits or do what the Chelsea fans opted for, polite applause?

You forgot to mention the kissing of the badge in your rant there Mr T. Jeeeez. :nono:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Like he did in the first leg ??? Essien marked him out the game

True about the first game. But when Liverpool have a team rocking like they did tonight, Gerrard's more than likely to be the man that comes up with something special and, given Chelsea's defending, it seems unlikely he wouldn't have got a chance at some point.

Still, good game.. that's all that matters. I couldn't really give a shit who wins the CL... would just prefer it not to be Chelsea as I think they more than any other club embody what is wrong with football at the highest level.

Football's just about kept its appeal because money doesn't guarantee success. If that changes, we might as well all pack it in. Not a pop at their real fans.. in fact, I feel a bit sorry for them that the club's been hijacked by the 'plastics'.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Everyone seems to now claim to be a Chelsea fan including my own bloody mother who is 78 and had never mentioned this allegiance until three years ago.

Do you really think any player would have blasted that drop ball into the corner flag? I certainly don't. The guy has no integrity. Horrible, despicable human being.

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying EVERY fan of Chelsea are plastic. I agree that alot of people have jumped on the bandwaggon as soon as they turned rich and good. But there are a fair few fans who have supported them for an aweful long time.

I thought Drogba was brilliant, and, well maybe not everyone, but the majority of players on that pitch would have kicked the ball to the corner flag.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
True about the first game. But when Liverpool have a team rocking like they did tonight, Gerrard's more than likely to be the man that comes up with something special and, given Chelsea's defending, it seems unlikely he wouldn't have got a chance at some point.

Still, good game.. that's all that matters. I couldn't really give a shit who wins the CL... would just prefer it not to be Chelsea as I think they more than any other club embody what is wrong with football at the highest level.

Football's just about kept its appeal because money doesn't guarantee success. If that changes, we might as well all pack it in. Not a pop at their real fans.. in fact, I feel a bit sorry for them that the club's been hijacked by the 'plastics'.

Yeh I suppose so. But im sure Hiddink would've had some plan.

The worst thing would be that there will be all Chelsea shirts out tomorrow, and some of them will be the plastic fans who never go to the games. But to call all Chelsea fans plastic is out of order on the real ones.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And te best bit, the scabby scousers lost :yahoo::yahoo:

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Drogba was an arse for his continual rolling around on the turf (although strangely it only seemed to affect him during the periods Chelsea were ahead), and in particular the moment in the first half where he was off the pitch screaming like a girl, then rolled back on again and the mug referee stopped the game.

On the other topic, if the Albion are beating Stockport 1-0 on the last Saturday of the season, needing the win to stay up, and we have to give the ball back to the opponents in injury time following a stoppage, I would loudly and cheerfully advocate whichever Albion player was taking the kick to spank it as far as humanly possible from the Stockport keeper (though to be fair, they'd probably cock that up too), and then nail the nearest ball boy's feet to the grass so he couldn't run to retrieve it. Moral high ground on a small point of etiquette, or survival in League One?

Sorry, but I for one wouldn't dare be so sanctimonious as to say we give it straight back!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought Drogba was brilliant, and, well maybe not everyone, but the majority of players on that pitch would have kicked the ball to the corner flag.

... and then gone down twice in the last two minutes. You're young, I'm older. I do sometimes long for the days when this kind of cynical gamesmanship was not such a totally acceptable part of football .

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
... and then gone down twice in the last two minutes. You're young, I'm older. I do sometimes long for the days when this kind of cynical gamesmanship was not such a totally acceptable part of football .

Its a way of time wasting at the end of the day. Every player does it.

Strange dichotomies with those two.
Firstly, Chelsea are a load of bandwagon-jumpers, who - a lot like BHA fans - still managed to BOO their team off at half-time.
All this while the passionate scousers fiercely support their side through thick and thin, with the great song "you'll never walk alone". Surely those fans deserve a result more than Chelski's lampreys?
But wait - the scousers are thieving suckers, milking the state and wanting more, dodging their round and ducking and diving throughout life to get others to shoulder their burdens while they revel. One thing they do care about is their football team - but they fought hard and lost. Carragher the cheating club-over-country git with a horrible accent, your team took a beating in the end.

Chelsea - whatever their sins, however sudden their meteoric rise to greatness - deserve the win. The scouse will win nothing this season, and at their best still fall in behind Manure and Chelsea, like, wack.

Conclusion - whoever wins anything, let it not be Arsenal and their myopic froggy <unt manager, or Liverpool. Thanks

Notice refs decide swiftly in favour of the desperate, when players take the ball into the corners, and add time for attempted time-wasting. Which can only be a good thing.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Wasn't it great to see two ENGLISH teams playing wonderfully :yawn:

Liverpool: Jamie Carragher

Chelsea: John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard

4 out of the 22 players who started were English. What a GREAT showcase for English football this was. :rant:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Wasn't it great to see two ENGLISH teams playing wonderfully :yawn:

Liverpool: Jamie Carragher

Chelsea: John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard

4 out of the 22 players who started were English. What a GREAT showcase for English football this was. :rant:

Terry wasn't playing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I was there. Great fun for the neutral like me - Alex's freekick was quite something, I don't think the telly ever conveys just how hard they hit them - and the defending was at times entertainingly slack (in a 4-4 draw...whoda thunk it?). But that's about as excited as I can get over a neutral game: NOTHING I saw last night will compare one jot to seeing an Albion win on Saturday, needless to say.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
MoH has it. Brilliant game. Fantastic entertainment, and a privilage to witness....

...but a scrappy 1-0 win for the Albion on Saturday, with a last minute own goal, would be 1000% better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here