Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Greyhounds v Scousers

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
With no axe to grind whatsoever...Spurs are a bigger club than Chelsea. It takes more than a couple of bought titles to have credibility. It always makes me laugh listening to Kenyon with his plans for world domination - as if that's how football history is created, with a marketing tour of Korea.

When Abramovich goes, as he surely will soon, Chelsea will descend back into the wannabe club they always were.
no axe to grind my arse, your post by its very anti chelsea tone disproves it.:dunce:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Like them, despise them, or care neither way, trying deny that Chelsea are a 'big club' is pretty ridiculous.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is there a Chelsea messageboard? With Chelsea fans discussing Chelsea matches as well as the relative size of Chelsea the club compared to other London clubs? Do they have such a thing?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
no axe to grind my arse, your post by its very anti chelsea tone disproves it.:dunce:

I think you may be in denial about what ordinary football fans think of Chelsea. You're temporarily a big club. That is all.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
What makes me laugh is that people say that Chelsea bought the title.
Yet they'd be loving it if there team was taken over by another Roman Abramovic, and would NO WAY turn it down happening to their club.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What exactly makes a club a 'big club'?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What makes me laugh is that people say that Chelsea bought the title.

The same could be said about the Albion when we won the 3rd division under Adams, He was given one of the biggest in the division and went on to claim top spot so in effect we bought the title as well. Thats how football goes.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think you may be in denial about what ordinary football fans think of Chelsea. You're temporarily a big club. That is all.

Chelsea have been a "big club" for as long as I remember. They dipped down to the Second Division at one point - but so did the cheating Yids who stitched us up with Southampton and made us wait another year to go up, and Manure.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't worry, this isn't a Tottenham thing. I don't think you're as big as Villa or Everton either. Maybe about the same as Newcastle. As I say, you can't in all honesty judge Chelsea on solely the Abramovich era. It distorts everything.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
The same could be said about the Albion when we won the 3rd division under Adams, He was given one of the biggest in the division and went on to claim top spot so in effect we bought the title as well. Thats how football goes.

I bet no Brighton fan was moaning about that...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone remember the 'Big Five' in the 1980s?

Arsenal
Everton
Liverpool
Man Utd
Tottenham

If consistently high league positions are the main criteria for 'big club' status, it would be very hard to argue that Chelsea are not a big club now

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
are you quite sure that " barrel of fun" is the right username for you ?

HIGNFY was infinitely more entertaining than watching two teams that I do not support. I was only started watching it as my flatmate is a 'plastic' Liverpool fan and he disappeared for work just before 'pool got their second.

I am not the remotest bit upset that I missed a further six goals and perhaps the game of the year. The whole Champions League saga is eating away at football, an oligopoly making the rich (same teams each time) richer.

My interest in top flight/euro football waned a long time ago. If that makes me Barrel of Glum, then so be it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ha - you forgot "the Team of the 80s!" :lolol::lolol:

Cue AJ's spunk monkey! :lolol:

How could I forget! What was actually said of the 'team of the 80s'? - was it that they would be in for a period of domination in domestic football in the same way that Liverpool dominated the 1970s?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here