Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charity Idea - Cycle Ride: Goldstone > Priestfield > Withdean > Falmer

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This would be might route, utilising lots of country lanes and B roads. 63 miles.:thumbsup:
On the way back you'd go along to Ditchling, over the beacon and down to the Withdean via 5 ways.

Attachments

• my route.JPG
    my route.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 262

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is something I thought about, but didnt want to put too many people off.

I.e if the first game at Falmer was a Saturday, cycle from The Goldstone to the Priestfield on the Friday, stay in Gillingham on Friday night and then on the morning of the game, cycle to Withdean, then to Falmer

I remember a few years ago, there was a spnsored walk from Huddersfield Town ground over the Pennines to Blackburn Rover ground for charitee.

talking about logistics, will it be for charitee?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember a few years ago, there was a spnsored walk from Huddersfield Town ground over the Pennines to Blackburn Rover ground for charitee.

talking about logistics, will it be for charitee?

oops sorry just read the bits above.

For those of us who are not as fit as the rest of you young whippersnappers, could we not do it in a form of relay, ie split the journey into sections of say 15 miles a piece and then be sponsored by section or something like that

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Would like to give it a go, even though very unfit :thumbsup:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
You need to be extemely fit to do that distance or you'll never see a game at Falmer either.

I should hopefully be able get some training in, as it's not next week is it :p :laugh:

2010 New Year's resolution - get fit!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Perhaps Gillingham Fc would let those taken part pitch tents on the pitch for an overnight stay?

Couple of accoustic bands, hog roast & few beers. If it's for charidy it might sway them?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Great idea Brett, would be well up for it

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
SUPERB idea.

Not sure if I will be able to do the actual CYCLING but would love to be involved with the support team.

:clap2: :clap2:

Support team lead by Uncle Hiney would be wickered!!

My previous experience of long bike rides, a support vehicle is an essential!!
Someone that drives behind the last cyclist carrying loads of water, snacks, first aid kit and, god forbid, injured cyclists.

This would be might route, utilising lots of country lanes and B roads. 63 miles.:thumbsup:
On the way back you'd go along to Ditchling, over the beacon and down to the Withdean via 5 ways.

Your route to gillingham looks like it goes past Falmer - that is a no no x

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
17 people interested so far, much better than I thought it would get

Mendoza x 2
The Goon
scooter1
Simster
sten_super
Carrot Cruncher
ali jenkins
Peter Grummit
wellquickwoody
Notters
Dick Knights Mumm
cardboard
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms
Seagulltonian
Stevie Boy
willingdon_seagull

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
That's fine, Ditchling beacon both ways then.

So presumably you will take the Offham Road from Lewes, along the Downs, past Plumpton College and through Westmeston?

Whilst that road is very scenic and possibly my favourite in Sussex, have you ever seen how people drive down it? Like they're filming for 'Top Gear' that's how!

Not sure an unmarshalled cycle down there is a good idea!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here