Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charity Idea - Cycle Ride: Goldstone > Priestfield > Withdean > Falmer

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We could in theory have different people doing different parts of it, if you feel unfit/cant get the time off to do it.

i.e.

some people do the whole journey over two days,
some people starting in Giliingham
some people just doing Withdean to Falmer

Isn't the whole point to illustrate the slog of going to Gillingham and back? Personally, I wouldn't want a load of people just doing Withdean-Falmer and basking in the glory.

Its the sort of thing that BBC SE would cover. We might even get Gillingham FC to help out if they got some good publicity.

PG

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I changed the title to do the ride in order of stadiums.

From the Goldstone, what is the route north out of Brighton to get to Gillingham? I guess it would involve going past Withdean, up to Asda, and over the hills to Ditchling Beacon (which we would only have to go DOWN.

Attachments

• hovegillingham.JPG
    hovegillingham.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

From the Goldstone, what is the route north out of Brighton to get to Gillingham? I guess it would involve going past Withdean, up to Asda, and over the hills to Ditchling Beacon (which we would only have to go DOWN.

I would go ovcer the Dyke to avoid Withdean...to be proppa you should pedal past Withers after Priestfield.

scooter1

How soon is now?

You might have to come back UP it, to get back into Brighton unless you come back via Lewes up to Falmer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Name could be Mendz Toll Cycle?

Toll as in fee/money etc. Say it quickly if you dont geddit.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Unless the REMF trustees see a problem, I can't see any reason not to benefit REMF. He lost his life in the the post-Goldstone era, and the charity supports great causes and is Albion themed? What's not to like?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bugger, Bugger, Bugger, Bugger, Bugger!

I just might HAVE to do this!

I don't do cycling. I don't do keeping fit. I am everything that should not do this insane, stupid idea!!

But if it happens.........COUNT ME IN!

(Bo**ocks......sigh)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think the hardest part (i.e. the most hilliest part) is all in Brighton

To back into Brighton you have to go up either Ditchling Beacon or Seddlescombe Road which are big hills.

Also in Brighton between The Goldstone and getting out of Brighton has to include either Woodland Drive or Woodruff Avenue as well as Carden Avenue

Between Withdean and Falmer there is Preston Drove/Peacock Lane, unless you go all the way to Preston Circus and then cycle back out to Falmer via the Gyratory

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the hardest part (i.e. the most hilliest part) is all in Brighton

To back into Brighton you have to go up either Ditchling Beacon or Seddlescombe Road which are big hills.
We could spice it up a bit by insisting everybody who cycles it has to cycle Ditchling Beacon and not walk it.

That way, we could do the whole thing again 6 weeks later in memory of the Albion fan who died riding in memory of the Albions fans who have died in the past few years.

We could all wear Liverpool scarves on the second cycle for added authenticity. :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd be very interested but I don't think it should be on the same day as the first game. I want to revel in the occasion, not be knackered. Can't it eb a couple of weeks before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here