The latest shipping forecast map could induce sea-sickness

Attachments

• 3dillustions3.gif
    3dillustions3.gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 279

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
For example - this is the latest precipitation forecast for the 6am - noon period on Monday...

3233443567_1633ae75aa.jpg

I wouldn't trust it though. :dunce:

Isn't that the original version of Space Invaders, circa 1984?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doesn't look scary enough to get me, a postie, into long trousers. :lol:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
How those long winter nights must fly by.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought i'd pop in to mention that the latest uk met office, European and Gfs model runs all back up the earlier forecast, with the gfs going for an increased chance of snow down here. I am on my mobile, so i will try to post some model output later, if anyone is interested.

By the way US, do you fancy a wager on your earlier statement about no snow?

Papa

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I like your predictions more than Gareths.

Yours come with graphics and sense.

But where does it say "you have not been charged for this information"?

You'll end up getting a bill.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I thought i'd pop in to mention that the latest uk met office, European and Gfs model runs all back up the earlier forecast, with the gfs going for an increased chance of snow down here. I am on my mobile, so i will try to post some model output later, if anyone is interested.

By the way US, do you fancy a wager on your earlier statement about no snow?

Papa

i'm interested Papa as it means I could get time off work to hit thew South Downs on my snowboard just like last year...GOOD TIMES!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looking good for this now...

Metoffice Regional forecast for SE

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:
Very cold easterly winds developing. Mostly dry Saturday, light snow flurries on Sunday, then heavier snow showers expected on Monday.

Updated: 0420 on Thu 29 Jan 2009

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Advisory of severe or extreme weather
These advisories are issued by 1100 daily as routine and indicate confidence of expected severe or extreme weather. Early warnings and Flash Warnings supersede advisories when confidence levels are 60% or greater.
Risk of disruption Warning Valid

East of England:
Cambridgeshire
Essex
Norfolk
Peterborough
Southend-on-Sea
Suffolk
Thurrock
Heavy Snow Mon 2 Feb
There is an increasing risk of a severe event affecting eastern parts of Britain during Monday. Colder weather with snow showers, heavy at times, is likely to give some accumulations in places, with the highest amounts most likely over the higher ground further north.

Issued at: 1018 Thu 29 Jan

Papa's looking good vs. US.

My hood of Southend looks good for a no work day!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Advisory of severe or extreme weather
These advisories are issued by 1100 daily as routine and indicate confidence of expected severe or extreme weather. Early warnings and Flash Warnings supersede advisories when confidence levels are 60% or greater.
Risk of disruption Warning Valid

East of England:
Cambridgeshire
Essex
Norfolk
Peterborough
Southend-on-Sea
Suffolk
Thurrock
Heavy Snow Mon 2 Feb
There is an increasing risk of a severe event affecting eastern parts of Britain during Monday. Colder weather with snow showers, heavy at times, is likely to give some accumulations in places, with the highest amounts most likely over the higher ground further north.

Issued at: 1018 Thu 29 Jan

Papa's looking good vs. US.

My hood of Southend looks good for a no work day!

How is he looking good ?. There is no mention whatsoever of Brighton or Sussex. It is the East which is always the way with these Easterlies. The snow never reaches Brighton and normally stops around Hastings.

I predict with confidence there will be snow next week in Yellowknife in Canada.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I just finished cleaning up after 12-14", and you're welcome to it.

Portland, ME -- 57" for the season, (or .8 of a Leon Knight, in metric)

Start of schools delayed for 2 hours. Pissing and moaning about how 'we should have canceled altogether' will commence today at 9:30, instead of at 7:30, like the rest of the winter....

This fall I sent my 18-year old snowblower-cum-eldest off to university in Pittsburgh. I should have taken all his graduation money myself and bought one of the gas-powered variety.

Nadger

Sep 4, 2003
Brighton
Looking cold enough on the latest GFS run

Rtavn1022.png

But looks like the snow will fall to the north east of the country. But it will change with every run just hope for some lake-effect snow

Rtavn1024.png

MS_051_ens.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here